Official Site of The R I Thunder Gold: Safety
This is a 4 Game Guarantee Tournament. 3 Games Pool Play, single elimination on Sunday.
1. Check-In Information:
All teams must register prior to their first game. Coaches must be prepared to submit the following:
A. Copy of team insurance
B. Each team shall receive colored wrist bands for eligible sophomores, juniors and senior players.
This will assist college coaches in their recruiting process.
2. No players, team coaches, or parents/spectators will be allowed in areas designated "College Coaches Only."
3. Parking areas will be designated for "Tournament Staff Only" and "College Coaches Only".
Tournament Game Rules:
1. Game times:
No new inning after 1 hour 20 minutes. Drop Dead 1 hour 30 minutes.
2. Drop Dead Rule:
If time expires before the inning is completed, the game is over immediately The score will revert to the last complete inning, unless the home team is up to bat, and ahead in the score.
3. After 7 innings, and score is tied, go to the international tie breaker if time permits.
4. Extended Play:
If 7 innings have been played, and winner has been decided, and there is still significant time on the clock,
teams may continue to play until time is up. The official final score that will be recorded is that of the
7 complete innings of play. The umpire will determine the significance of the remaing time.
"Significant time" means 10-15 minutes or more.
5. Mercy Rule:
The 8 runs after 5 innings "mercy" rule will be in effect for all games.
6. Adding Players to your Roster: Open Roster
7. Pitchers get 5 warm-up pitches in 1st inning, 3 between all other innings.
Note: No balls out after 1st inning. Let's try to get as many innings played as we can for coaches.
8. Courtesy runners for pitchers and catchers are per the ASA code or the last batted out if your bench is short.
9. You may bat as many as you want in pool play, 10 only in single elimination.
10. Free defensive substitutions are permitted.
11. Teams should be at field 30 minutes before game time, so games can start on time.
12. A coin flip before each game will determine Home Team.
13. Only Head Coach or designee may communicate with umpire. All disputes must be handled on the field.
This is a non-protestable tournament. The home plate umpire will settle rule disagreements at the time.
Please don't argue. Remember the spirit of the tournament.
15. Forfeits: Forfeits should be avoided at all costs.
A. If you are short a player (due to injury or other unforeseen circumstances) and need one to
keep you from forfeiting, please contact Tornament Director immediately.
Temporary replacement players may be available, but we do need some notice. To avoid a forfeit,
you will be allowed to borrow a player from another team.
Forfeits benefit neither team since the objective of the tournament is for the girls to be seen on
the field by the college coaches!!!
16. Weather Contingencies:
In case of uncontrollable circumstances or interruptions due to weather, the Tournament Director
reserves the right to alter the tournament format in any way necessary to reach a conclusion.
This can include, but may not be limited to, shorten game times, fewer games guaranteed, or
playing rule changes. Games interrupted might not be resumed. Everything possible will be
REFUND POLICY----Fall Tournament
1. Condition A: Heavy rains for several days before tournament that causes the entire tournament to be cancelled will result in a full refund.
2. Condition B: Rain during tournament, once games have begun, every attempt will be made to play, once a team has played a game or part of, there will be no refund.
3. Condition C: Teams that pull out of tournament after being accepted- NO REFUND.
ANY QUESTIONS DURING TOURNAMENT:
DAVE LOTTI (401-374-4934) or
BOB ROSSI (401-529-9331)