Duluth East High School Nordic Ski Team: Welcome
Duluth East High School Nordic Ski Team
Welcome to the Duluth East Nordic Ski Team. Our team has a place for every student who wants to learn to cross country ski and race. Of the students who join our team each year, some are experienced racers, some have skied with their families and some have never been on skis before. You are all welcome.
Our goals for all the skiers are:
That you will…
1. Learn to ski technically well
2. Learn to wax your skis for all conditions
3. Learn to develop a training plan
4. Develop the strength and conditioning to enable you to be a fast ski racer
5. Learn to love skiing so it will be a life long sport for you
This year's coaches are:
Head Coach - Bonnie Fuller-Kask 724-2775 e-mail - email@example.com
Coach - Dave Kask 724-2775 e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign-up for East Nordic Team e-mails using the form below (Duluth East Nordic Team members and parents only please)Email Marketing You Can Trust
Wednesday, October 10
Trip Leaders: Bonnie Fuller-Kask (218) 724-2775 Dave Kask
Other Information: • This trip has filled up in the past. We will fill the busses on a first paid – first reserved basis. Your seat will be reserved when we receive your down payment. • Leave Ordean East Middle School (2900 East Fourth Street, Duluth, MN 55812) at 5:00 p.m. Friday, November 16 (same place as last year). • Have a bag dinner with you - we will not be stopping for dinner. • We will stop for a quick breakfast on Saturday morning – indicate your preference on the sign-up sheet • Arrive West Yellowstone Saturday afternoon. We’ll have time to ski. • Leave West Yellowstone about 4:00 p.m. on Friday • Arrive Duluth late morning on Saturday, November 24. • $650 Fee includes ($700 if received after Oct. 24):
o Transportation• Skiers should bring additional money for lunches and two dinners
o Breakfast Saturday morning at Perkins on the way out
o 6 nights lodging at the Kelly Inn
o Breakfasts in West Yellowstone
o 3 dinners and Thanksgiving dinner
o Ski passes for the week
• Waxing benches, irons and waxing help will be available. Bring your own glide & kick wax.
• Skiers MUST bring the following kick waxes; Red Special, Blue Extra and Green plus a cork! This is necessary to get out on the ski trails faster.
• This is not a school-sponsored trip. Parents will be required to excuse their students from school.
• Please keep the volume of bags to a minimum. This means 1 ski bag, 1 small – medium duffle bag and 1 small backpack. The bus will be full. If the bags are too big some may have to be left home.
• No coolers, there will not be room on the bus.
• There are grocery stores and restaurants within walking distance of the Kelly Inn.
To reserve your seat on the bus, get your $300 non-refundable deposit to Bonnie ASAP. The seats will be filled on a first come first served basis. Remaining trip fee is due to Bonnie prior to November 9, 2018 (we have to let the checks clear the bank so we can use the money in West Yellowstone). Please make checks out to Nordic Fitness & Adventures, LLC. Note: If signing up after October 24, 2018 the fee increases to $700.
Parents and other interested adults are welcome. The prices for adults are: • $650.00 - Quad occupancy • $720.00 - Triple occupancy • $860.00 - Double occupancy • $1280.00 - Single Occupancy Adults must find their own roommates. Add $50 if signing up after October 24, 2018. Call Bonnie for more information on adult options.
Handout: 2018 West Yellowstone Ski Trip Forms & Waivers
"It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. You will need to make healthy decisions. It requires sacrifice. You will need to push your body to its max. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it’s worth it." -Unknown
Working hard becomes a habit, a serious kind of fun. You get self-satisfaction from pushing yourself to the limit, knowing that all the effort is going to pay off. - Mary Lou Retton