WORKS Little League: Rules: Minor Division Rules
The following rules supersede the official little
league rules for in-house play only.
2) 4 Walk rule. A team may only allow 4 walks per inning. (When 4 walks have been reached manager is to inform the umpire. The strike zone MAY be expanded)
3) No stealing of home. Example: A player steals 3rd base, the catcher makes an errant throw. The base runner is not permitted to advance. All runners must advance home via a batted ball or walk, hit batsman, etc.
5) Manager’s entire roster must play. Field 4 outfielders, 4 infielders, 1 pitcher, 1 catcher. Managers are to rotate the children into the field each inning. No player should sit on the bench for two consecutive innings.
6) Continuous batting order. If 14 players are present, all 14 must bat. In the event of a player being removed from the line-up, there is no penalty for the open space. Since we play continuous order, there are no replacements. If a player arrives late, he/she is to be inserted in the last spot in the order.
7) We will assume there is NO intent on the part of a pitcher if he hits a batter. However, if a pitcher strikes 3 batters in an inning or 4 batters in a game he must be removed for another pitcher.
8) Pitcher’s entering a game his/her team is on defense on the field, that pitcher will be given 7 pitches as warms ups.
9) Managers, when exchanging the line-up with opposing team, you are to give him the names of the pitcher and pitches thrown from your last game.
10) Any disputes with umpire’s rules are to be handled by the manager only! Managers are to request time out from umpire and speak with umpire in regard to his decision. If umpire tells you “No” then you cannot enter field to talk! Once umpire tells you to leave, you leave and get on with game. No rehashing calls!!
11) Any of theses rules that are in conflict with official Williamsport rules will supersede Williamsport for in house play only.
12) Mangers are to meet with Umpire prior to game to go over ground rules.
13) In order to start a game, a team must have 8 players. In the event there are less the umpire will give 15 minutes. If after 15 minutes the team is still short, the umpire will forfeit the game. At that point the opposing coach will lend that team players to fill his team and the game will be played with the results not being officials.
14) Bunting is allowed! Wood bats are allowed!
15) 65 Pitch Count – See Page 42 of Rule Book for number four days rest.
16) All protest are $ 50.00 non-refundable fee must be paid and protest done within 24 hours of game