West Valley Soccer League: WVSL News
On Sunday we will have the merchandise truck from the latest professional soccer team in Los Angeles LAFC
The truck will be near Field #17 Come take a look at the merchandise and asked them any questions you may have about the new team Maybe they will have some things to give away?
Raining on a Friday, Saturday night
If it is raining on a Friday/Saturday night we will call off games ONLY if the rain is so heavy that the fields are already too wet to play on.
BUT if the fields are ok we will wait until Saturday/Sunday morning to call the games. Luckily we live in So Cal and we can have healthy rains on a Friday/Saturday night and wake up Saturday/Sunday morning to sunny skies. That said, we are at the mercy of the schools and if they do not want us on the fields, we will not find out until we get to the school grounds on Saturday/Sunday morning at 8:30AM. At that point, we will put it on the web site as soon as physically possible.
So if you have the first game of the day you will have to go to the fields regardless. (sorry)
Pierce College - fields OPEN
A.C. Stelle - fields OPEN
Hale MS - fields OPEN
Columbus - fields OPEN
Round Meadow - fields CLOSED
It is more the rain the day or night before a game that causes us to cancel games,
rather than the weather at game time. We can play in the rain But a heavy evening rain will turn a field into mud.
WVSL Rules for Playing in Bad Weather
Soccer is played in almost all weather conditions. Because of our relatively short playing season and inability to make-up most games, we try to stay on schedule whenever possible. But safety is still priority one.
The problem is this: everyone has a different opinion as to what is a threatening weather condition. WVSL has established the guidelines below to follow during adverse weather conditions.
Referees and coaches are responsible for making this decision to suspend play. However, in any situation, parents should not hesitate to remove players from any weather condition they feel is unsafe or inappropriate. No one will be penalized for any safety related actions taken.
Below are the league rules for playing under bad weather:
- Check the WVSL website for any announcement regarding field closures.
- Rain is not bad weather and is not grounds for the coach or the referee to stop the game, unless the field becomes unplayable.
- If the rain makes the field unplayable, the referee or coach will stop the game. If he/she doesn’t, you should ask him/her.
- Make sure that referees, players, and everyone else gets off the field if there is lighting or thunder.
- In case of lighting or thunder, the referee or the coach will stop the game/practice. If he/she does not, you should ask him/her to do so. The referee will wait 15 minutes after last time thunder is heard or lighting is seen before resuming the game/practice.
- NO ONE SHOULD STAND UNDER TREES IN THE EVENT OF LIGHTNING AND THUNDER. SEEK SHELTER.
- If the delay will extend to the next scheduled game, the referee or coach will call the game. For example, thunder is heard with 10 minutes left in a game. The game should be stopped, and the game is complete
Friday, October 17
Air quality in the San Fernando
WVSL - Borrowing players
Tuesday, February 25
West Valley Soccer School Fund Raising Program
West Valley Soccer League have donated funds valued at more than $10.000 to Schools
If your School is having a silent auction or other fundraising event send a request & Tax ID to the West Valley Soccer League, 6430 Variel Avenue #103, Woodland Hills, CA 91367 and we will send you a Fall Registration (Value $180)
Shomrei Torah - Woodlake Ave - Round Meadow - Chaparral - Castlebay Lane - Bay Laurel - St. Bernadine's - Shepherd of the Valley - Woodland Hills Elementary - Calabash Street Elementary - Congregation Or Ami - Child’s World Preschool - Justice Street Elementary School - The Family Nurturing Center - Lockhurst Drive Elementary - Thank You WVSL