West Warwick Soccer Association: REFEREE Information
REGISTER NOW FOR A REFEREE COURSE!
There are mandatory meetings and we recommend that you attend at least one or two meetings.
1) Referees who have never refereed for Super Liga before. We recommend you attend the U8 meeting.
2) Intermediate-4 years or less and have already refereed U8 Superliga games or higher.
New referees can also attend for credited hours.
3) Experienced-5 years or more of referee certification
Super Liga does recommend that you have 2 years of experience as a referee before you can referee Super Liga games. Sometimes they make exceptions to the rule depending on the referees qualifications or capabilities to referee games, so if you are interested in refereeing for Super Liga you need to attend the U8 meeting that are listed above and the Intermediate class as well for new referees.
**It is your responsibility as a referee to keep up on your certifications each year. Super liga sends out multiply emails to keep you all notified of meetings and what you need to be certified!!!
Ariane Walters, WWSA Referee Coordinator
Monday, July 15
ARIANE WALTERS, WWSA Referee Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
A referee is the person of authority, in a variety of sports, who is responsible for presiding over the game from a neutral point of view and making on the fly decisions that enforce the rules of the sport.
Monday, March 14
Advice for New Referees
Remember to have fun!
- Initial assignments will likely come from a youth league assignor and will be in the lower level games.
- Make sure you received the name of your local assignor during the entry level course. If you didn't, contact your instructor for the course and ask how you find out who the assignor is in your area. (There is a place to note your assignor's contact information at the end of this document.)
- When accepting more than one assignment in a day, make sure you allow enough time to travel to the next game.
- Make sure you let your assignor know what your game schedule looks like if you are playing and if you have any conflicts of interest with other teams, such as family members playing on or coaching teams in the same league.
- If you are interested in working as a referee at tournaments in your state, watch for a listing on your state association website, or the referee committee website. The referee assignors for tournaments are usually listed, as well as a way to get in touch with them.
Game fees: The game fees paid to referees vary from state to state, and sometimes even from league to league. You will be able to find out what the game fees are and how you get paid from your assignor and/or your area (district) referee administrator.
Saturday, September 24
RI State Referee Committee Information Link
New and returning referees should continually check this link for certification and recertification dates and locations.
Saturday, September 27
Super Liga Referee Information
Thursday, August 1
Upcoming Referee Certification Class in West Warwick! (click this link to register)
Saturday, August 17th, 2013 at 9:00am - 3:30pm
West Warwick Youth Center, 40 Factory Street
In order to register for the course, you must click on the link above and "Login" with your username & password or click "NEW User?" tab on the left to create a username & password. Next click "Course" tab, then Referee Courses, and finally Grade 9 New Recreational Referees. Then click on the course # for West Warwick (Private) RI.
The access code for WWSA is G9Q5T and the fee is $60.00 for the Grade 9 entry level course. Checks should be made payable to RISRC at the time of registration or at the class, but you must register ahead of time to attend.