Western Branch Jaguars: Coach's Corner
INTERESTED IN BEING A FOOTBALL COACH FOR THE WESTERN BRANCH JAGUARS?
The Western Branch Jaguars Athletic Association (WBJAA) is looking for experienced, enthusiastic and committed coaches willing to volunteer their time to our football program. Our coaches are the most important part of our program because they decide what kind of experience our athletes will have. As an organization we are committed to the principles of positive coaching. We expect our coaches to want to win but most importantly help participants learn life lessons and positive character traits from sports. If you have experience playing/coaching football and have what it takes to be a great coach, then read on to learn how to become a WBJAA coach.
- Work with kids ages 6-12 and teach them fundamentals of football.
- Be able to volunteer 4-5 days a week from August through October, including game days.
- Have some knowledge of football and its rules and be able to plan and lead practices.
- Have great communication skills, be enthusiastic, patient, and persistent.
- Communicate with league/team officials and parents.
- Be able to deal with issues that arise, on and off the field, at all practices and games.
- Football registrations: March - July
- Pre-season parent meeting: July
- Regular Season: August - October
- Post-Season: November & December
AVAILABLE FOOTBALL COACHING POSITIONS
- Tiny-Mite Football Head Coach
- 4 Tiny-Mite Football Asst. Coaches
If you are interested in becoming a coach or would like more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
Are you a returning or new coach
Division you are inquiring about
WBJAA has taken important steps to ensure the highest level of safety within our program. Anyone who comes in direct contact with the children MUST complete a 2018 Volunteer Application which requires a background check for the safety of our children and must submit a copy of your driver's license or government-issued identification card.
ANNUAL FOOTBALL COACH CERTIFICATION
In addition to a background check, ALL fooball coaches are required to pass the USA Football Level 1 Tackle Certification through USA Football's Heads Up program and also attend the local SEVA Training each year. No coach will be allowed to take the practice or game field until certified.