Walnut Country Eagle Rays : Welcome
|Wed 9/19||Practice||3:45 PM - 7:15 PM||Springwood Swim Club|
|Thu 9/20||Practice||3:45 PM - 7:15 PM||Ygnacio Wood Swim Club|
|Fri 9/21||Practice||3:45 PM - 7:15 PM||Springwood Swim Club|
|Sat 9/22||Morning Practice||8:00 AM - 11:30 AM||Ygnacio Wood Swim Club|
|Mon 9/24||Practice||3:45 PM - 7:15 PM||Springwood Swim Club|
|Tue 9/25||Practice||3:45 PM - 7:15 PM||Ygnacio Wood Swim Club|
|Wed 9/26||Practice||3:45 PM - 7:15 PM||Springwood Swim Club|
Walnut Country Eagle Rays Swimming is now...
Walnut Country Head Coach Adrian Lohse has developed and lead fall and spring swim programs for many years under the name, Walnut Country Eagle Rays, as a supplement to summer recreational swimming. The programs are intended to offer summer recreational swimmers of all abilities a chance to improve within the sport while maintaining summer eligibility. Beginning this year, the fall program will be swimming under the United States Swimming team name, Triggerfish Aquatics. Coach Adrian's patient and detail-oriented approach has been developed over his 30+ years of swim experience, and is a refreshing alternative that ensures that every swimmer is important and improves. Please review these important COUNTY MEET ELIGIBILITY changes as of the 2018 season. It is our intention to keep summer eligibility while adding the opportunity to swim more fall meets and try USS events.
2018 Fall Program
Group Program September 4th - November 16th
Designed for swimmers with swim team experience in each of the 4 strokes who want to take the sport to a higher level. Space is limited and groups will be closed once they are filled. Participate in our optional October fall swim meet without any additional fees (date TBD).
The Group Program emphasizes:
- Correct body position for each stroke
- Sign posting pull patterns to reinforce stroke timing
- Preparation for longer distance events (moving up age groups)
- Increased swimmer responsibility in trainig using a pace clock and target times
- Optimizing efficient streamlines and underwaters
Below is a partial list of each group description. These are guidelines based on the type of practices we will be doing. These are not prerequisites. The coach will make final determination of which group is appropriate and swimmers may need to move after the first few days.
Group Outrigger Triggerfish (4 spaces remaining)
- Able to swim 25 yards without stopping in freestyle and/or backstroke
- Able to follow instruction from an on deck coach and not be a safety concern
- Please note that this is not a learn to swim group and a coach will not be in the water
- Typically comprised of 5-7s
Group Picasso Triggerfish (Closed, please inquire)
- Able to swim 25 yards in each of the 4 strokes
- Able to circle swim and follow the pace clock to keep proper spacing in lane
- Have some knowledge of basic IM turns and finishes
- Typically comprised of 6-8s
Group Queen Triggerfish (Closed, please inquire)
- Able to swim multiple laps in each stroke
- Knowledge of all racing turns and strokes
- Comfortable with swimming the 100yd IM
- Focus will be on developing conditioning ability in all strokes
- Typically comprised of 9-13s
Group Titan Triggerfish (Closed, please inquire)
- Comprised of mostly 14 and older swimmers
- Focus is on High School events preparation and beyond
- Must be familiar with breath control to emphasize underwaters
- Must be mature and able to assist with pool equipment at the end of day
- This group will be tailored to the ability of the specific swimmers
Triggerfish Aquatics recognizes that swimmers may be trying to balance a number of activities in their fall schedule. We offer a very flexible schedule to accommodate all swimmers. We also offer a cost-friendly option for swimmers that are just branching out into fall swimming. Swimmers that are looking to really maximize their improvement are encouraged to select the 3rd option (best value).
Plan 1: Choose ANY 2 days per week $295
Plan 2: Choose ANY 3 days per week $385
Plan 3: Choose ANY number of days up to 6 days per week $475
Practice Schedule (please check the "Calendar" tab to the left for the latest schedule)
Triggerfish Aquatics is pleased to offer a schedule that gives swimmers more choices on their practices than any other program. We will have up to 6 practices per week at two locations this fall. Practices on M, W, and F will be at the newly renovated Springwood Swim Club. Practices on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday morning will be at the Ygnacio Wood Swim Club.
Group Outrigger (M,T, W, TH, F) 3:45pm - 4:15pm, (Sat) 11:00am - 11:30am
Group Picasso (M,T,W,TH, F) 4:15pm - 5:00pm, (Sat) 10:15am - 11:00am
Group Queen (M,T,W,TH, F) 5:00pm - 6:00pm, (Sat) 9:15am - 10:15am
Group Titan (M,T,W,TH, F) 6:00pm - 7:15pm, (Sat) 8:00am - 9:15am
*Please note that some Saturday morning practices may be cancelled or abreviated on days of swim meets.
For REGISTRATION FORMS, please click the link on the "Handouts" tab to the left.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com
Note: Due to the limitation of space, there will be no make-ups and no refunds for cancellation after the first day of practice.