Virginia Baseball Tournaments: Welcome
Due to the saturated fields (last several days of rain) and the freezing overnight temperatures, we have decided to cancel this weekend's "Winter Kickoff"...guess the winter has really begun! Teams will receive a full refund for this weekend's tournament. Thank you to everyone who has participated with us this past year and we hope that you continue to play in our events next summer. The 2018 Combine/Showcase tournament schedule will be posted VERY SOON so please check back and have a great "off-season"!
Congratulations to Swamp Things Jesse 18U Champions and Swamp Things Clements 16U Champions of the Fall State Tournament.Some more information concerning the Combine. Last weekend we collected data from the folks who participated in the 60, throwing velocity, etc. and many of us had questions about what the actual scores meant...how do we "stack up", etc. Please click on this link and read about where each positional player should be performing in order to reach the goals (remember: this is just a guideline--it's not set in stone!)
Ferguson Event has been rescheduled for November 4 & 5 in Prince George.
Fall 2017 Schedule:
- September 2-3 - Kevin Ferguson Scholarship Tournament (Wood Bat) (Prince George) $550 - 3 game guarantee
- September 9-10 - Battle of the Bay (Wood Bat) (War Memorial Stadium, Virginia Wesleyan) $700 - 3 game guarantee
- September 16-17 - Averett University, Ferrum College, & Lynchburg College (3 games) $700 (Sold Out)
- September 24 - Washington & Lee University (1-day event - 2 games) - $475 (Sold Out)September 24- Randolph Macon College (1-day event-2 games) -$475 New Event!September 29-October 1 - Peninsula Pilots & Virginia Baseball Tourneys Combine Showcase. A minimum of 15 different colleges will be in attendance! 3-game guarantee. Individuals will be placed on a team! $895 per team; $250 individuals. Schools committed to attending the event: ODU, Norfolk State, VMI, JMU, Longwood, W & M, High Point, Liberty, Ferrum, Averett, CNU, Bridgewater, Marymount, Newport News Apprentice School, Paul Camp Community College, Thomas Nelson, Statford University, Bryant and Stratton. More D1's to be added. Full list will be posted soon.
Schedules for the weekend are posted under the tab on the left "College Weekend Schedules". Remember, there is a $10 weekend pass for all fans 14+ attending our College Series' tournaments (use the pass for all of your games during the weekend!).
- October 7-8 - Longwood University & Golubic Stadium (Wood Bat ) (3-game guarantee ) $700
- October 7-8 - USSSA Fall State Championship (odd years - 9, 11, 13, 15, and 17U) - 3 game guarantee - $525 (Prince George)
- October 14-15 - VMI & Washington & Lee University (3 game guarantee) $750
- October 21-22 - War Memorial Fall Championship (Wood Bat) (3 game guarantee) $700
- October 28-29 - USSSA Fall State Championship (even years - 10, 12, 14, 16, and 18U) - 3 game guarantee - $525 (Prince George)
- November 11-12 - Winter KickOff (Prince George) $525 - 3 game guarantee
Coaches - please remember to have copies of your roster available for our College events. All of our tournaments have multiple coaches on hand at the fields and they would like to have the ability to contact any players that catch their interest directly! Please include such information as the obvious (position, height/weight, grade, High School, position(s), email and cell phone. Also, make sure that your players understand THEY need to check their email often (not the parent's email or cell phone). Any questions about the format? Just email Anne at VirginiaBaseballTourneys@gmail.com and we can help you complete this.
To register for one of our tournaments: please go to the handouts tab and download the 2017 Registration Form. You will need to complete the form, and either (1) scan & email it back to us at email@example.com or (2) complete it & mail it back to us with your payment enclosed. REMEMBER...the first folks who pay are the ones who play! Simply registering your team is not going to ensure that you have a spot as our tournaments sell out.
New address for Virginia Baseball Tourneys:Virginia Baseball Tourneys PO Box 32 Nottoway, VA 23955
Schedules for the upcoming events are posted under the tab "College Series Weekend Schedules". Addresses for each site are listed under "Playing Site Addresses". Also, 5 game balls are given to at the beginning of each game; please help "chase" balls during your game because after that, teams are responsible for putting in suitable baseballs. Teams are responsible for checking the website BEFORE all games to insure location, time, etc. have NOT changed! Remember that all folks (14 and above) will have to pay a $10 admission (1-time fee!) price to attend all games over the weekend! Coaches - please remind your parents of this cost.Virginia Baseball Tourneys is looking forward to another great season of competitive baseball on college and high school fields throughout the state of Virginia at an affordable price! Many of our events sell out so please make sure that you get your payment in quickly to ensure that you have a spot!
5 game balls are given at the beginning of each game - teams are reminded to help retrieve foul balls during each of the games (after that, each team will need to provide suitable game balls).
Remember, all teams MUST be registered with USSSA for the 2017 season before they are permitted to play! August 1 starts the "new" year!
Important Rules information for College Series tournaments for 14U teams: all teams participating in the College Series events will be using BBCor approved bats for play.
We are a proud sponsor of USSSA baseball tournaments! We have been associated with USSSA baseball for the past 20 years. For another neat website about USSSA baseball go to http://www.centralvausssabaseball.com/. Also, Mike Kluver is back at USSSA working with the younger age groups. We are so glad to have him back in the baseball world! Here is a link to his website: http://www.va-usssabaseball.com/
Our goal has always been to bring highly competitive baseball at an affordable cost to the heart of Virginia.
Part of our mission is to motivate and encourage players to pursue a higher education by observing and visiting college campuses around the state of Virginia through our College Series Tournaments. These tournaments allow players to play on a college or university field, as well as visit the campus and its surrounding areas.
Our spring tournaments, "The Quest for the Best" and "St. Patrick's Day" have been mainstays of the tournament scene for the past 20 years. These tournaments continue to show some of the best baseball being played in the heart of Virginia.