Toronto Triggerfish: PoloPalooza 2019
PoloPalooza 2019: Superheroes Edition!
With most pride and joy, we are thrilled to announce PoloPalooza 2019: Superheroes Edition! The 17th edition of our water polo tournament will be held from Fri Apr 5 to Sun Apr 7 2019 at the Athletic Centre in downtown Toronto!
Fri Apr 5 - Sun Apr 7 2019
Note: Games will be played on Sat Apr 6 and Sun Apr 7, and will end by 5pm Sun Apr 7.
Athletic Centre, 55 Harbord St, Toronto.
Drag Brunch - Sat Apr 6 (9.30am-12.30pm) - 5 TICKETS LEFT!
PoloPalooza brings you DRAG BRUNCH this year at Glad Day Bookshop (499 Church Street, Toronto)! We will have 2 of Toronto's favorite drag queens perform: Tynomi Banks and Carlotta Carlisle! Tickets can be purchased online beforehand for $20 per person, or at the door for $25, and it includes a buffet style brunch with coffee/tea and a complimentary mimosa.
If you would like to purchase brunch tickets, the following options are available:
- Interac eTransfer: eTransfer the appropiate amount of money to firstname.lastname@example.org, add your Name to the notes AND send a confirmation email to email@example.com
- PayPal: Use the button provided below to pay the ticket fee AND send a confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: If you use someone else's card, or paying for someone else, include the participants name in the notes.
Friday Reception Party - 9pm - Glad Day Bookshop (499 Church Street, Toronto)
Saturday Brunch - 9.30am-12.30pm - Glad Day Bookshop (499 Church Street, Toronto)
Saturday Social (unofficial event) - 9pm - The Drink (459 Church Street, Toronto)
Sunday Social - 5-9pm - The East of Brunswick (720 Spadina Ave Unit 111)
For more updates, go to PoloPalooza 2019: Superheroes Edition!
Note: See Game Schedule below.
Note: the locker rooms of the Athletic Centre will open Sat Apr 6 at 12pm and Sun Apr 7 at 9am.
This year's PoloPalooza tournament will use some of the new FINA Rules that are being implemented by IGLA at the New York Tournament later this year. Specifically:
- Amendment to Rule WP19 - Location of Free Throw: A free throw shall be taken at the spot of the ball, except (a) if the foul is committed by a defending player within the defender’s 2-meter area, the free throw shall be taken on the 2-meter line opposite to where the foul was committed and, (b) where otherwise provided for in the rules.
- Amendment to Rule WP11 - Interval at Half-time: The interval at half-time shall be no more than 3 minutes.
- Amendment to Rule WP14 - Goalkeeper Privileges: The goalkeeper is allowed to move beyond and touch the ball past the half distance line. They are allowed to shoot from anywhere and can participate as a shooter in a penalty shot or shootout.
- Amendment to Rule WP12 - Time-outs: A team is entitled to no more than 2 time-outs per game. Time-outs can be called at anytime by the coach of the team in possession of the ball, except after awarding a penalty throw. (Note: we will only have 1 timeout per team per game in Round Robin due to scheduling constraints. Two (2) timeouts per team per game will be available in playoff/final games)
- NEW RULE - Direct Shot Signal by the Referees: If a free throw is awarded for a foul outside, but within one meter of the 5-meter line, the referee administering the free throw will point downward to the 5-meter line to indicate that the player is eligible to shoot a direct shot on goal.
Note: None of the other rule amendments will be used in this tournament. Furthermore, each game in the tournament will follow this structure:
- 8 minute run time quarters.
- Round Robin:
- Last minute of last quarter is run time.
- 1 Timeout per Game per Team.
- No shootouts in case of a tie.
- Last minute of last quarter is stop time.
- 2 Timeouts per Game per Team.
- Shootouts in case of a tie.
- Mercy rule: game is considered to be won once a 10 point difference is achieved. Game will continue until the end of regulation time (all time running time). Goals for and against will continue to be tracked on score sheets and used for tie-breaking purposes, but no change to the score board will be made.
- Table procedure: if the game clock is not operational, then 1-minute left will be indicated with the raising of a red flag and dropping the flag with 10 seconds left in the period. If a 30-second clock is not functional, 10 seconds left will be indicated with the raising of the blue flag.
- Forfeits and defaults: Both forfeit (defined as conceding a game after the start of the game) and default (defined as not showing for a game) will result in a score of 10-0 in favor of the non-defaulting or non-forfeiting team.
In the event of a tie, the following rules will be used in the following order:
- Head to Head results between Tied Teams wins (if applicable)
- Total Goals AGAINST in the Round Robin Loses
- Total Goals FOR in the Round Robin Wins
- Coin Toss
Registration for Non-Triggerfish Teams is CLOSED.
Registration Triggerfish Members (CLOSED)
Registration for Triggerfish Members is CLOSED.