Toronto Triggerfish: PoloPalooza 2018
PoloPalooza 2018: Fairytale Sweet Sixteen!
With most pride and joy, we are thrilled to announce PoloPalooza 2018: Fairytale Sweet Sixteen! The 16th edition of our water polo tournament will be held from Friday April 20 to Sunday April 22 2018 at the Athletic Centre in downtown Toronto!
Friday April 20 - Sunday April 22 2018
Note: Games will be played on Saturday April 21 and Sunday April 22, and will end by 5pm Sunday April 22.
Athletic Centre, 55 Harbord St, Toronto.
Registration for PoloPalooza has been closed as of Feb 15. The tournament is at full capacity.
Drag Brunch - Sat Apr 21 (9.30am-12.30pm)
PoloPalooza brings you DRAG BRUNCH this year! Saturday April 21, from 9.30am-12.30pm, come and enjoy amazing food and drinks (maybe even a mimoza?) at the Duke of York and our lovely drag queens Wilma Checklear and Priyanka! Tickets can be purchased at the door for $23. Please RSVP to email@example.com if you are planning to come.
Friday Reception Party - 9pm - Glad Day Bookshop (499 Church St, Toronto)
Saturday Brunch - 9.30am-12.30pm - Duke of York (39 Prince Arthur Ave, Toronto)
Saturday Social (unofficial event) - 9pm - The Drink (459 Church St, Toronto). FYI: This venue is open to the public and has limited capacity.
Sunday Social - 5-9pm - Duke of York (39 Prince Arthur Ave, Toronto)
For more updates, go to PoloPalooza 2018: Fairytale Sweet Sixteen!
Game Day Planning
Each game in the tournament will follow this structure:
- 8 minute run time quarters
- Last minute of last quarter stop time
- 1 Timeout per Half per Team
- No shootouts in the Round Robin
- Mercy rule: game is considered to be won once a 10 point difference is achieved. Game will continue until the end of regulation time (all time running time). Goals for and against will continue to be tracked on score sheets and used for tie-breaking purposes, but no change to the score board will be made.
- Table procedure: if the game clock is not operational, then 1-minute left will be indicated with the raising of a red flag and dropping the flag with 10 seconds left in the period. If a 30-second clock is not functional, 10 seconds left will be indicated with the raising of the blue flag.
- Forfeits and defaults: Both forfeit (defined as conceding a game after the start of the game) and default (defined as not showing for a game) will result in a score of 10-0 in favor of the non-defaulting or non-forfeiting team.
In the event of a tie, the following rules will be used in the following order:
- Head to Head results between Tied Teams wins (if applicable)
- Total Goals AGAINST in the Round Robin Loses
- Total Goals FOR in the Round Robin Wins
- Coin Toss
A big thank you to our generous sponsors this year!