Toronto Triggerfish: PoloPalooza 2018
PoloPalooza 2018: Fairytale Sweet Sixteen!
**IMPORTANT UPDATES: Tournament location AND dates have changed!
With most pride and joy, we are thrilled to announce PoloPalooza 2018: Fairytale Sweet Sixteen! The 16th edition of our water polo tournament will be held from Friday April 20 to Sunday April 22 2018 at the Athletic Centre in downtown Toronto!
**UPDATE: Friday April 20 - Sunday April 22 2018
Note: Games will be played on Saturday April 21 and Sunday April 22, and will end by 5pm Sunday April 22.
**UPDATE: Athletic Centre, 55 Harbord St, Toronto.
Note: Tournament dates and location have been changed since scheduled maintenance at the Athletic Centre has been postponed, opening up the weekend of April 20-22 for PoloPalooza.
Registration Non-Triggerfish Teams
Interested in registering with your team? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We hope to accommodate everyone, however, space is limited so those teams that are a part of IGLA will be given preference. If you need a team to play with, we’ll probably be able to find one for you. As mentioned, space is limited, so it’s first come first served for those who RSVP.
Registration Triggerfish Members - DEADLINE EXTENDED!
**UPDATE: Registration is EXTENDED until February 15 2018 due to the tournament reschedule! The new deadline is a hard, fixed deadline, and we will not be accepting any late payments. If you have issues meeting this deadline, but wish to play, please contact Reinier (the PoloPalooza coordinator) at email@example.com.
**If you have already registered for the tournament, you do not need to register again. If you are not able or willing to attend the tournament due to the change in venue or dates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before February 15 to get your fees reimbursed**
**A good understanding of water polo rules is required to participate in PoloPalooza. In order to protect our new Guppies that are new to the sport, we ask you to consider the physical and competitive nature of the tournament before registering. We do however highly encourage you to come cheer on your fellow teammates, to volunteer, and learn through observation!**
The fees for individual registrants are $75.00. Due to its great success last year, we are hosting again a Saturday Morning Brunch at Duke of York! Tickets are $17 up front ($23 at the door) and that includes everything you would expect for brunch - food, drinks, maybe a mimosa. Tickets can be purchased together with the registration. If you have already registered for PoloPalooza, it is also possible to only purchase brunch tickets below.
- Pay On Time: Pay for your registration by February 15 2018.
- Qualify: If you are an active Triggerfish member, Triggerfish Alumni or if you are an individual from another IGLA associated team that is not attending with their team, you qualify to register!
- Skill Level: Indicate either Recreational or Competitive league that suits your skill level – Triggerfish members are placed by their coaches.
- Brunch Ticket: If you would like to come to the Saturday Morning Brunch, buy tickets with your registration.
How to register:
- Pay: Send an Interac eTransfer to email@example.com with enough money to cover Registration and Brunch (Brunch is optional) before February 15 2018.
- IMPORTANT: Include your Name, Skill Level and quantification of Brunch Tickets in the eTransfer Notes.
- Polopalooza Registration: $75.00
- Polopalooza Registration + 1 Brunch Ticket: $92.00
- Polopalooza Registration + 2 Brunch Tickets: $109.00
- 1 Brunch Ticket: $17.00
- 2 Brunch Tickets: $34.00
- Confirmation: We’ll send you an email confirming your registration, if you don’t get one, send Reinier an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Facebook: For more updates, follow our Facebook Event page: PoloPalooza 2018: Fairytale Sweet Sixteen! PayPal is also available, but is expensive for the team. PLEASE: Only use PayPal if an Interac eTransfer won’t work for you:
IMPORTANT: If you are using someone else’s card, or paying for someone else, include your Name In notes.
Friday Reception Party - 8pm - TBA
Saturday Brunch - 10am - Duke of York
Saturday Social - TBA
Sunday Social - 6pm - Duke of York
*To Be Announced*
*To Be Announced*
We’re looking for players, friends, and family members to volunteer during Polopalooza, no experience required! We need Goal Judges, Shot Clock, Game Clock and Food Prep. If you or anyone you know can volunteer, please email Reinier at email@example.com with contact information.
We need volunteers for Saturday Morning to Evening and Sunday Morning to Afternoon.
Couches and Beds for Out of Towners
Do you or anyone you know have room on a couch or in a bed for out of town Polopalooza players? Please send an email to Reinier at firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest as soon as you know!