Thunderbird Baseball Club: Welcome
WELCOME TO THE 12U THUNDERBIRD BASEBALL CLUB WEB SITE.
The 12U Thunderbirds are back in action tonight (Thursday April 19) vs. Springfield Sox. The game is set for a 6:30PM start at Action Sports Center in Dayton. Currently, the Thunderbirds are 1-2 on the young season. After dropping the opener against Springfield Sting (13-10), the team played some great baseball this past weekend at the Bob Roades Memorial. In the teams’ first tournament game, they were ahead of the Midland Chiefs 9-4 before rain shortened the day. The game officially goes into the record books as a 5-4 win. After a "blind draw" for Sunday's contest, the Thunderbirds played national power Ohio Heat National. The team played very well, but ended up on the short end of a 3-1 decision.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES!!!
- Improve the quality of life through baseball, by providing an atmosphere of constant instruction, development, and competition. The atmosphere created will test and improve each one(s) baseball and life skills.
- It is owed to the players that they be developed the correct way. The coaching staff will constantly provide fundamental instruction and pursue better ways to train our athletes. However, don’t expect every solution to come from the coaching staff. Ultimately, it’s the player who must work to develop the taught skills.
- The goal is to create an environment of constant learning. Players will hear the same things over and over until they get it right. Sloppiness will not be tolerated.
- Every player will understand the “WHY” of what we are going to accomplish. It will be made clear that we do everything for a specific reason.
- Expect to learn fast. Our players will have their fundamentals down pat and expect coaches to work hard with anyone who does not.
- Player conditioning is as important as skill development. We will condition our players. No opponent will be better conditioned and will work to maintain that edge.
- Our team will be properly prepared. We will compete daily because we will be prepared. Proper preparation prevents poor play.
- Players will be taught that time is a valuable resource; we will not waste time.
- Our staff will encourage players to be leaders and display a positive attitude ~ BE positive, STAY positive, and PASS it on. Show enthusiasm, be competitive, and challenge your teammates to be competitive = Positive Experience For All.