Back Back to Board Total Views: 2419 - Total Replies: 2 
Print Print This Post << Previous Topic | Next Topic >> 

Back Reply to this Message BackReport Abuse Display Mode: Flat | Threaded 
  Nickname: SwimPrincess__1

Posted: 9/8/2001 8:30pm
Views:   830
Replies: 1
  Question  Need tips, please  
I am a relatively good high school swimmer, and my coach has put me in the 200 and 500 free. Although I am apparently good at distance, I really need tips on how to make swimming those events (I hate distance) a little easier. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Nickname: rowingirl

Posted: 4/13/2002 12:41pm
Views:   803
Replies: 1
  Happy  Re: Need tips, please  
These events are going to be hard. I can only tell you what I did for the 500 free which I swam all four years on my high school's varsity team, I am in college now. I pushed the 1st hundred pretty hard to get up in the pack and take the other swimmers off guard and to feel good about my race mentally. The middle three hundred stay hard but streched out concentrating on efficency. To help with my breathing I would lessenmy kick during this 300 and concentrae it off the walls exploding out of the turns. The last 100 of this middle 300 start building up intensity tell the last 100 where you give it all 100% dead out sprint. Also during the whole race I would start my flip turn out as far as possible to still get a good push but also lessen the distance I had to swim to each wall.

Nickname: anarchy99

Posted: 11/14/2002 8:51am
Views:   788
Replies: 0
  Re: Need tips, please  
hye i don't normaly swim the 500 free but i know from exsperience that in 200s it hurts alot to neagtive spilt. but you may do your best times ever lol ...but i would take it out fast like a sprit and just work on every time you swim it holding your speed longer thought out the race it will hurt alot the first few times but you'll get better at it and trust me the pain is definately worth the time, energy, and pain!

Need some help with my kick < < Previous Topic  |  Next Topic > > Shampoo   

< Back
Football Soccer Basketball Baseball Ice Hockey Cheerleading Softball Volleyball Lacrosse Swimming Tennis Bowling More Sports