Getting Started / Basic Site Navigation in the Admin
1. Logging in for the first time.
2. What should I work on first?
3. Using the folders on the left side of the Admin.
Click on a menu folder below to access details about a particular section. Not all folders will apply to your site.
My Site News
Surveys & Polls
1. Logging in for the first time - when you first log into the Admin section of your eteamz site, you will be on the main "eteamz Admin" page.
1. Under Web Tools (right side of page), click Add a Banner - choose one of the banner creation products to create a banner/logo for the top/bottom of your site pages. If you already have a banner or logo image to use, you may upload these within the Banner or Logo section of the Display folder in the Admin.
2. Use Add A Web Link or Add An Email Link to customize your own links to other sites and/or email addresses. (You enter two lines of information and the program will generate the proper code. Then copy, paste, and upload with your regular text).
back to top
2. Order of work - there is not one particular way to begin site building, but here is a formula that you may find useful to share with members:
1. Discuss your plans with your "board" or those in authority for your team or league. As you often need the cooperation of many people to keep abreast of the news going on within your organization, it is always a good idea to get their views on what the focus of your web site should be, and how they can assist with your web site.
2. Gather your data, such as the info on all of your coaches and players, and team or league schedules. Find out all of the current news, such as upcoming events or recent happenings, including the times, dates, and results.
3. Begin building your site with the home page by adding a few sentences or paragraphs. Welcome visitors to your NEW web site and explain a little about your team or league, its past performance, or its upcoming goals.
4. Post any upcoming events or past activities by displaying them on your Home page or your News page. If you post some important news on the News page, alert people to it by a notice on your Home page. If you also want these events to appear on your calendar, click on the Calendar link and add your event information.
5. Build your pool of players and personnel using the Members section of the Access folder. This will make it easy to apply players and personnel to individual teams and pages such as the Roster and Board sections. These sections have a member pool where you may assign previously entered members.
TIP: If you want to display birthday info for your players on your calendar pages, it is a good idea to do it AS you enter the info for each member rather than later by editing the data for each player.
6. If you have an Org site, that is, a site with different clubs/leagues, ability levels, or activities, you must FIRST enter your clubs/leagues within the Leagues folder.
If you have a League site you must FIRST enter info within the Divisions folder. Then add teams to each division by clicking on the Teams folder. When your teams are in place, add players & personnel to each individual team by clicking on the Roster and Board sections.
TIP: If you want to keep accurate standings for ALL of the teams in your league, you must enter your opponent teams along with your own team(s) in the Teams folder.
NOTE: Team sites, your MAIN team is already entered in the Teams folder. You will only need to enter competing teams.
7. Where & when you play and practice can be posted after you have the divisions, teams and locations in place. Describe locations of your various sporting venues under the Locations folder. You may add games/practices by clicking on Schedules and choosing the Games or Practice sections. Once your schedules are finished you may post the game results, click Schedules & then click on Scores.
8. After you have all of your basic site information uploaded, you can expand your Welcome or News pages with additional text, graphics, photos, videos and files; you can add links to other sites that your viewers may find interesting or useful, upload and display team or individual photographs, give credit to those individuals & businesses who contribute their time or money to your organization (under Sponsors), and even create new pages by clicking on the Add/Edit News Categories link in the upper right of the main News edit form. You will be able to add/edit up to 8 new categories.
9. Take your time, be patient, as your site cannot develop to its fullest overnight. Any good web site is always "under construction", and is always being updated to reflect the needs of your organization & your visitors.
10. Many hands make light work. If you have a detailed site, especially with several divisions and teams, what started out as a simple task could develop in to a never-ending job. Don't be afraid to ask for help.
back to top
3. Navigational Folders - on the left side of the Admin screen a menu of folders gives you access to pages on your site in which you can do work.
Org sites: A few of the following folders will not appear on your main Admin, they will be listed on the sub-site League and Team Admin sections.
League sites: All of the folders will apply to your site except the League folder. This folder is for Org sites only.
Team sites: The Division and League folders will NOT appear on your Admin pages. These folder are for League or Org sites only.
Before you begin reading, click on ALL of the icons in the left menu of your Admin. This will make it easier to follow along. Also, if you ever need additional information about any item in the Admin folders, just click on one of the help icons located on every Admin edit form. These help icons are support links, which you may click to access information about a particular folder, link, button, text box, etc.
NOTE: You MUST always hit the Upload button on the page to which you are adding NEW information before you quit, or your NEW information could be LOST! If you forget to click on the Upload button and leave your page, use the BACK button at the top of the screen on your browser to get back to the page on which you were working. This should bring you back to the page where you can click the Upload button.
After you upload information to your eteamz site and you go to view it online, you MAY need to click the "reload" or "refresh" button on your online browser before the new uploaded information will appear.
TIP: There are many pages on your eteamz site that allow you to add files, such as images (.gif), photos (.jpg), music (.mid, .wav, .mp3), and video (.mov, .avi, .mpg or .qt). Although you can upload these files on the particular page on which you are working, it is probably easier, especially if you have several files, to do your uploading in the Uploads folder, which is near the bottom of the menu on the left side of your Admin page. That way, when you go to work on a page, the file that you want to apply to your page is already there, in a scrollable box (drop down window), and all you have to do is add it to the page that you are constructing.
Text files, such as .art, .bmp, .class, .doc, .gif, .html, .htm, .jar, .jpg, .js, .lwp, .mdb, .pdf, .ppt, .psd, .pub, .rtf, .swf, .tif, .txt, .wb3, .wks, .wmp, .wpd, .wps, .xls, .vac, and .zip. must be uploaded within Handouts or the Files section of the Upload folder.
NOTE: Mac users must include the file extension of their text file to have it upload properly. Be sure to name your files with the correct extension when uploading.
TIP: If you have a page that contains a lot of information, it is always a good idea to make a back-up copy of your work in a word processing program, such as Microsoft MS Word. Right-click in the text box on the page of which you are working, choose "select all" and then "copy." Paste it into your word processing program and save it for future reference. This is a good way to replace lost information, especially if you start adding complex HTML code.
IMPORTANT: Org and League head webmasters, be sure you are within a specific sub-site Admin to edit a specific League's (Org Sites) or Team's (League Sites) information. To get to a sub-site Admin, click on the Leagues folder (Org Sites) or Teams folder (League sites). Only leagues or teams you have previously entered will be listed.
back to top
Message Center - this folder is used to send private messages to eteamz Support. You may also send private messages to one or more eteamz members.
This tool was created to ensure eteamz Support and eteamz members you contact will receive and respond to your questions and needs. Email is not 100% reliable and this tool avoids the constant SPAM, viruses, and other issues it can produce.
The Message Center is split into four areas - Inbox, Compose, Saved Messages, and Sent Items.
1. Inbox - Shows "new", "read", and "replied to" messages. Any previously saved messages will be in your Saved Messages area.
2. Compose - Search and send messages to people associated with your site(s) by clicking the people icon. Your message(s) will be delivered to their personal eteamz Message Center. Contact eteamz Support by clicking the Support icon.
3. Saved Messages - View previously saved messages in this area.
4. Sent Items - All "replied to" messages will appear in this area.
Site Appearance - this folder contains 8 sections, which allow to give your site a basic "look & feel."
These settings can be updated at any time. It is a good idea to change some things here occasionally, just to keep your site "fresh".
1. Site Templates - select the look of your site. Select the site template of your choice from the list of available options.
2. Labels - change the name of any of the ORIGINAL links that appear in the left margin of your site. There are singular and plural listings, as both types are used within certain areas of the site. Therefore, your sites labels and headings will be displayed appropriately to avoid confusion. Any NEW pages that you have added within the News section may be renamed within the Add/Edit News Categories section of the News folder.
3. Banner - where you change the "banner" which appears at the top of your web site pages. This file must be a .gif or .jpg files and must be uploaded before they can be applied. For best appearance, banners & logos generally should not be more than 500 pixels wide.
TIP: In creating banners, logos, and graphics, keep in mind their "file size." The larger the files, the longer it will take your pages to load, especially for first time visitors. Max image file size is 300KB. Some great free image web sites are: www.coolarchive.com, www.fg-a.com and www.animfactory.com.
4. Logo - where you change the "logo" which appears at the bottom of your web site pages. This file must be a .gif or .jpg files and must be uploaded before they can be applied.
5. Colors - change the border, background, text colors of your web site. You may also add a "background" image within this section. Click on the color palette for each line to view a selection of colors to choose. These colors remain in effect throughout your site, although sub-site Team and League pages (Org and League sites only) can be given their own color scheme in their respective Admin section.
6. Font - will allow you to change the font type ("face") of different areas of text on your pages as well as the size. If you wish to customize specific section of the site and not apply a certain font to all areas, please visit http://www.eteamz.com/support/walkthrough/font.cfm.
7. Counter - will allow you to choose when you want to reset or alter the number of "hits" that displays in the "scoreboard" on the home page. This counter is located beneath the left menu of your site home page. You may wish to reset your counter for every new season or calendar year.
NOTE: Artificially increasing your hit counter numbers will NOT increase your epointz.
8. Page Ordering - where you may rearrange the order of your site menu links (including news categories).
9. Web Address - the area to change the address (URL) of your web site.
NOTE: Be cautious about changing this address because it is possible for another site to choose your previous URL address. Once chosen by another site, you will NOT be able to get it back.
back to top
Listing - this folder is very similar to the registration page when you first registered your site.
This folder is where you add/edit the site name, demographics, sports, contact information, etc. Add or edit all necessary information and then click the Update Listing button at the bottom of the page.
back to top
PLUS (eteamz PLUS members only) - this folder is used to adjust PLUS account information, contact PLUS Support, or set advertising and site preferences.
1. Account - update your billing information, edit and change your billing cycle, purchase add-on options such as the advertising feature, storage space or domain name.
2. Support - quickly email eteamz Support via a pre-populated form, which is sent directly to PLUS Support.
3. Preferences - add or adjust menu alerts for display on your main web site menu. Set page transitions, which apply special effects when clicking from page to page on the site. Choose to display a special pop-up announcement, which will display once per session for site visitors (this is great for game/practice changes or other important announcements). Choose to show the time the site was last update.
4. Ad Options (this feature is purchased separately from Basic PLUS - visit the Account section to purchase this option) - remove eteamz advertising banners completely or upload your own for display on the site. This is a great tool if you wish to advertise local sponsors (or sell ad space to sponsors). You may upload as many banners as you wish and individually set the priority level for each banner. Therefore, some banners can appear more than others (if necessary). Be sure to set your Banner Visibility Preferences accordingly at the top of the form.
back to top
Email Lists (eteamz PLUS members only) - use this folder to create email lists based on your web site members. This allows you to easily organize member addresses and email via an email application such as Microsoft Outlook. You may create as many lists as you need. Create lists for your coaches, players, parents, etc.
To create a list, click the Add Email List link (lower left). On the following page, enter a list name and description. Proceed to click the Add Email List button. On the next page you will see an Email List Pool. Search for people by type to display all or specific groups of members. Highlight each member in the Email List Pool and proceed to click the Assign to List button to officially add to the list. You will see the list of members (along with emails) at top of page. Once everyone is added, click
the "Send email to List" link to copy or format the addresses for mailing.
NOTE: If you wish to add all searched members from the Email List Pool at the same time, click on a name within the Pool window and press the "Ctrl" and "a" key on your keyboard. This will highlight all member names. Proceed to click the Assign to List button at the bottom of the form.
back to top
Collect Fees - Use this folder to access the #1 Online Registration service provided by active.com.
Our easy-to-use tools make it a snap for you to set up a registration form and collect fees directly from your eteamz web site for camps, tournaments, leagues, teams or any event. You can even sell and collect fees for merchandise! Get started today! For full details, click the Collect Fees folder or visit www.eteamz.com/registration.
back to top
Welcome Mesg - when visited for the first time, this folder will bring up an empty page where you can enter text and files for your homepage.
Type in your desired information and proceed to click the Update Welcome button at the bottom of the page. The information will be uploaded and displayed on your home page. You can enter as much or as little text as you desire. You will also be able to add images, sounds, videos and handouts directly to this section using the buttons at the bottom of the form. Some sites have done their ENTIRE home page by entering ALL of their information here, while other sites simply type in a basic sentence or paragraph. If you decide to type in and upload only enough text to get you started, the next link in the Admin section, called News may be used to expand the text on your home page.
back to top
My Site News - use this folder to add news articles to your site. You may also create/edit additional categories in this section.* These categories will show up as new labels on the main site menu. You will edit all categories within this News folder.
When you enter this section, click on the Add News link (lower left) to add a new item. Decide whether you want this information to be displayed on the Welcome (home) page and/or News page by filling in the appropriate circle on the Location line. Give the news story a title within the Headline text box. If you desire, enter a web address within the Web Address text box (the Headline will then become a link to this web address). Type your text into the Article box and then choose your Display preference. When all of this has been completed, click the Add News button at the BOTTOM of the page. Your information has now been uploaded. After it has successfully uploaded, hit the small "back" button near the top of the News page. Later, you can come back by clicking on the pencil icon (to the right of a news title when first entering the News section) and enter more text, add images as well as a music or video file. You can continue adding additional news items, each time deciding where they are to be displayed.
*NOTE: To add or edit other categories, click the Add/Edit Categories link in the upper right of the main News page.
back to top
Surveys & Polls (eteamz PLUS members only) - use this folder to create surveys, question forms, or polls to display on your site. This allows you to easily collect fun and/or important information from your site visitors and members.
To create a survey, click the Add Survey link (lower left). On the following page, enter a survey name, choose who you wish to answer the survey (based on your site member type(s) or open it to all), set results and response preferences. Proceed to click the Add/Edit Survey button. The page will refresh and you will see a list of one or more surveys. Click on the Click here to add/edit questions link to add questions to a specific survey. You may add as many as you need. On the following page, click the Add Survey Question link (lower left). The Add/Edit Survey question form will display. Enter your question, choose your question type, and enter choices as necessary. Proceed to
click the Add/Edit Survey Question button. Choose to enter more questions, or go to your Welcome or News folder to add the survey to the main site. To view survey results, click the image link on the main Surveys & Polls page (to the right of each listed survey).
back to top
MessageCast - use this folder to configure groups of your site members, type in messages and deliver them as telephone calls to everyone you choose...anytime you want.
To create an MessageCast contact list, click the Add MessageCast Contact List link (lower left). On the following page, enter a List Name and optional description. Proceed to click the Add Contact List button. The page will refresh and you will see a pool in the lower left to select members for the list. Search the pool, highlight the people you want to add, and click the Assign to List button at the bottom of the form. The page will reload and you will see the selected people listed at the top. Enter or edit phone numbers listed next to each person. Click the Send MessageCast link (lower left) to send a message. You will be taken through a few pages to enter your message and delivery time, double check members on the list, preview the cost, and finally prompted to send the message. You may create as many lists as needed and send a message anytime by clicking the phone image next to the appropriate list on the main MessageCast page.
back to top
Donations - Use this folder to access the #1 Online Donation service provided by active.com.
Our easy-to-use tools make it a snap for you to collect donations directly from your eteamz web site. Whether your raising funds for equipment, uniforms, registration fees, travel or a local charity, we can help you reach your goals more quickly and with less effort. For full details, click the Donations folder or visit www.eteamz.com/company/fundraising.
back to top
eTracker (eteamz PLUS members only) - use this folder to email invite site members and track attendance for games, practices and events.
To create an eTracker, click the Add eTracker link (lower left). On the following page, choose an event type (game, practice or event), select an event (based on previously entered games, practices or calendar events), choose an email list (based on previously entered email lists), and choose to add an optional text message. Proceed to click the Add eTracker button. The page will refresh and you will see a list of one or more eTrackers. Click the email image next to the eTracker you wish to send. The email form will display and allow you to send to your previously chosen email list.
To view eTracker responses, click the image link next to the eTracker (to the right of the eTracker description).
back to top
Calendar - folder to add times, dates and information for specific events.
These events will be displayed on the main site calendar page (if you are editing a sub-site within a League site it will appear on the sub-site calendar). Begin by clicking the Add Event link (lower left). Enter the event name, a brief description of the event, and the day & time that the event begins. If you do not know how long the event will last, you do NOT have to enter an ending time. If you do not know the start time, click within the "Time TBA" check box. Enter an event name and as much info regarding the event, location, address, city, and state as needed. You may then opt to display/not display the event on the calendar by filling in the appropriate circle at the bottom of the form. Click the Add Event button when finished. Continue adding calendar events in this manner. To see your event(s) listed online, click the Calendar link on your site home page and go to the proper month and day. Your event should be displayed on the calendar with the event name underlined (as a link). Click the link to read the specific info about the calendar event. If you have more than one event on the same day, click the date (number) to view the entire day's events.
back to top
Leagues (Org sites only) - use this folder to add sport specific leagues. Each league will become a sub-site.
Click the Add League link (lower left) to start adding leagues. Enter a league name, levels, brief description, season, sport(s) and address. Contact information is optional.
As leagues are entered and displayed, you can click on the individual league name to enter the specific league web site Admin. Once within a league Admin, you can add info that is pertinent to that particular league (teams, schedules, etc.).
back to top
Schedules - this folder will open four sections in which to add games, scores, practices and adjust standings manually (League sites only).
NOTE: You will need to enter locations within in the Admin Locations folder to add a game. If you have a League site, that is, a site which can contain multiple sub-site teams, you must fill in the Divisions & Teams info before continuing on in the Schedules area.
1. Games - This folder is where you enter the games for your team or league (if you have a League site, you will first need to click on a division). Enter the game time, teams, location, game name/info (if needed) and proceed to click on the Add Game button. Continue adding games until the entire schedule has been entered. The games will be listed in order of date at the top of the form.
TIP: Click the Add/Edit Schedules link (upper right) to add a new game schedule. This feature may be used to separate your game schedules between pre season, regular season and tournaments. For example, you may have a Spring Season and Spring Tournament schedule. You may add as many schedules as necessary.
2. Scores - This folder is where you enter the final score and recap for each contest as it is completed. If you have a League site you will need to click on a division for which you want to enter a score. Use the edit icon located to the right of a played game to access the scoring form.
NOTE: A few sports (Baseball, Softball, Basketball, Hockey, Soccer and Netball) have access to enter individual game statistics when entering scores. There will be a PLAYER STATS (Click to add/edit) link next to the team name. Click this link to access the stats form. To enter stats, you must have players entered within the Admin Roster section.
3. Practices - This folder is where you can enter practice times and locations for your team(s). If you have a League site you will need to click on a team for which you want to enter a practice (and proceed to enter the Schedules folder within the specific sub-site team admin). Click the Add Practice link on the following form. You may add as many practices schedules as necessary using the Add/Edit Schedules link in the upper right of the edit form.
4. Standings (eteamz PLUS members only) - League sites can use this folder to specify the sort order for the standings display. You can sort on two statistical columns, or you can use the up/down arrows next to each team's name to adjust the order manually. Click on a Divison name for which you want to adjust the standings for. You will also select the appropriate schedule tab if you have more than one Game Schedule entered. To sort standings manually, use the up/down arrows next to each team. Or, choose the 1st and 2nd sort columns to let eteamz sort the standings automatically. Click the "Save Standings" button after making changes.
back to top
Seasons - use this folder to choose season dates and type. You must have a season entered to begin scheduling.
Click the Add Season link to assign a date, name and type for the season. Click within the Current Season check box and then click the Add Season button. You may add as many seasons as you need. The season checked as Current Season will be the default season on the site and when editing in the Admin. If you need to update content within seasons that are not current, be sure to choose the appropriate season from the Select Season drop down (upper right of the Schedules, Division, Teams, Roster and Board Admin folders).
NOTE: It is best to add a new season each time a new season begins for you. This will allow you to keep all previously entered records as well as separate them from new scheduling content.
back to top
Locations - use this folder to add, edit or delete locations for games and practices.
Add a location by clicking on the Add Locations link (lower left). Enter the location name, description, address, and contact info (optional). You will then be able to choose the location when scheduling games and practices. Locations will appear along with scheduled games and practices on the main site (if you enter the full address with zip code, it will appear as a map link and provide directions). You may add as many locations as you need.
The Location section will also be displayed as a separate section on the main site. This will allow members to view and/or print off all location information.
back to top
Divisions (League Sites Only) - use this folder to enter all of your team or club categories, dividing them by age group, ability level or activity category for your league.
Click the Add Division link (lower left) to start adding divisions. Enter a division name, sport, levels and a brief description for each level of play if desired. Address and contact information are optional (this information will be displayed only within the Admin for organizational purposes).
back to top
Teams - use this folder to add league and non-league teams for scheduling.
Team Sites: Your MAIN team is already listed in bold print. This is the team the site is based around. To change the name, go to the Listings folder and enter a name within the Team Name text box. This will be the name used in scheduling.
League Sites: Click on a specific division first. You must have divisions entered before adding teams. To add this info, use the Divisions folder on the left menu.
If you have a League site you will have to choose the division for each team you wish to enter. You will have three options of how to add/display a team on the site. See choices below.
1. Site-n-site (PLUS sites only) = this team will have its own web site within the main League site. There will be a link to this team site within the Teams menu on your main site. To edit a specific team sub-site, click the Admin Teams folder to view the list of teams and proceed to click the sub-site team you wish to edit.
TIP: You may assign a member Team Administrator access to edit a specific team page after you have added a team. Within the Teams folder, click the edit icon located to the right of the team name and proceed to click the Team Administrator link near the top of the following Edit Team form.
2. Listing = this team will only be listed for scheduling purposes. It will not have a web site under the main League site. There will be a link for this team on the Teams menu of the main site that takes you to a description page (if you choose to enter information about the team).
3. No Listing = this team will only be listed for scheduling purposes. It will not have a web site under the main League site or a link within the Teams menu of the main site. Therefore, there is no need to enter information about this team besides the name.
As teams are entered and displayed, you can click on the individual team name (within Admin Teams folder) to enter the individual team web site (site-n-site teams only). Once within a specific team Admin, you can add info that is pertinent to the particular team.
Org Sites: You may assign a member League Administrator access to edit/manage a specific league after you have added a league. Click on the edit icon located to the right of the league name (within the League folder) and click the League Administrator link near the top of the following Edit League form.
back to top
Roster - use this folder to assign players and coaches to their individual teams.
TIP: Although you can enter people individually for each team, it is easier to first build a pool of players & personnel within the Admin People folder.
League sites will first need to click on a specific team under the appropriate division.
Within the Roster Pool under Person Type, check off the items that describe the members you wish to add to the list. You may also type a member name in the Name text box.
Click the Search Pool button when ready to search. This will search your site for members that have previously been entered and/or removed from certain sections (Board, Roster, etc). The members will be displayed in the left window. Click on a specific member you wish to add. The member will be highlighted in dark blue. Enter a number and position (if applicable) and choose type (Coach or Player). Click the Assign to Roster button at the bottom of the form to add the member.
As each player or coach is added, you can click on the edit icon to the far right of their name and edit personal data for each person.
NOTE: If you are entering a brand new player/coach, they will be invited to the site when you fill out the Add Coach/Add Player form. Invited members will receive an automated email with a temporary username/password. If they are a current eteamz member, they will receive their current account information. Use your good judgment when deciding on personal info to post, especially when it comes to the your players. The Site Display Name within the edit form is the name that will appear on the main site.
back to top
Board - use this folder to list officers of your team or league (President, Treasurer, etc).
This section is set up very similar to the Roster. Again, you can add these board members from the pool (Board Pool) or enter them individually by clicking Add Board. As each person is added, click on the edit icon at the right to post data for each person.
NOTE: If you are entering a brand new board member, they will be invited to the site when you fill out the Add Board form. Invited members will receive an automated email with a temporary username/password. If they are a current eteamz member, they will receive a general invitation to your site. Use your good judgment when deciding on personal info to post.
back to top
People - use this folder to add or edit people involved with your site.
The People folder can be compared to an address book. This is where you may search and update member addresses, contact info, etc. This folder is very similar to the Members section of the Admin Access folder. Although, access levels for each member will not be prominently listed within the People folder. You may easily locate Active people
using the Select People drop down in the upper right of the page.
NOTE: The Member section is where you may view members requesting access and change member access levels and site settings by clicking the edit icon to the right of a specific name.
back to top
Albums - this folder is where you may add a collection of photographs for your site.
TIP: Before creating albums, you may find it more convenient to first upload image files within the Uploads folder (Images Area).
Clicking the Add Album link will allow you to build a photo album. You can add any number of albums AND any number of photos, images, sounds, and video files to each album. Try to add your albums and contents in a logical manner. Decide what you will call the album, such as "Wildcats Photos" or "Summer Fund-Raiser". Give the album a brief description and click on the Add Album button. After the album uploads you may start adding images.
TIP: Click the Add/Edit Albums link to add, edit or delete an album category. You may add as many categories as you need. This feature is used to separate your album photos by category. For example, you may have Player/Coach Photos, Action Shots, Funny Pictures or any other category you may need. Use the Select Albums drop down window in the upper right of the main album form to switch between albums.
To add an image or other file to an album, click the Add Picture link. Give the photo a name and add a brief description. Click the Add Image button to access the upload form. Any pictures, images (or sounds and videos - if you are adding these type of files) that you have uploaded in the Uploads section will be available for you to assign to your album within the Select Existing Image area. If you have NOT uploaded the image (.jpg or .gif) file, video (.mov, .mpg, .avi, .qt) or sound (.mid, .wav, .mp3) file to enter in your album, you must do so now. For example, to add an image (.jpg or .gif) to the album, click on the Add Image button.
On the following form:
1. Click on the Browse button to access images located on your computer.
2. A small window will display listing your computer files.
3. Find the appropriate folder where your image is stored.
4. Highlight the image file and click the open button.
5. You will now see the file name listed next to the Browse button on the Upload New Image form.
6. Add an image name in the Image Name text box.
7. Click the Upload Image button to add the photo.
The image will display on the album page on which you are working. When you are finished, hit the Add Picture button to officially add the photo. You have added a picture to an album. Click the Add Picture link to add another picture, image, video, or sound file to that SAME album. To create a NEW album using click the Add/Edit Albums link to add, edit or delete an album category.
back to top
Handouts - use this folder to add and display different textual documents for visitors to view, print, and save to their computer.
Below is the list of approved file types:
.art, .bmp, .class, .csv, .doc, .gif, .html, .htm, .jar, .jpg, .js, .lwp, .mdb, .pdf, .ppt, .psd, .pub, .rtf, .swf, .tif, .txt, .wb3, .wks, .wpd, .wps, .xls, .vac
Note: .hyv and .zip files may be uploaded on PLUS sites.
The process is similar to adding content to the albums section above. Again, first upload the file, either within the Uploads folder (Files area) or as you are working on the individual handout page. Click on the Add Handouts link (lower left) to start a handout item. After you enter a title and description, click on the Add File button to choose from the list of previously uploaded documents, or upload a new document by clicking on the Browse button. When you return to the Add Handout page, click on the Add Handouts button at the bottom of the page to officially add the file. Repeat this process for each file you wish to upload.
TIP: When entering a file name, do NOT use the "#" character. The file will not be able to load on your site
NOTE: You may add previously uploaded handouts within the Welcome and News sections.
back to top
Links - use this folder to add web links that are pertinent to your site or that your viewers may find interesting.
Click the Add Links link to add a new listing. Enter a name for you link, the web site URL (such as: http://www.eteamz.com ) and upload an image to enhance the link listing if desired. Repeat the process for each additional link. A Links folder will display on the main site menu for site visitors.
back to top
Sponsors - post information for those people or businesses that contributed to your program or deserve special recognition on your web site.
Click the Add Sponsors link. Enter the sponsor name, web site address (if applicable), contact information and an image to enhance the listing if you desire. You may choose to enter the address using the Address Info button. If you enter a complete address a map link will be listed with the sponsor to give viewers directions. Repeat the process for each additional sponsor.
back to top
Guestbook - use this folder to delete guestbook entries that are inappropriate or outdated.
You may remove guestbook entries one at a time or several at one time by checking the boxes on the left side of each entry. Monitor your guestbook entries often and whenever possible. It is courteous to reply to each person who takes the time to sign your book. If you have a person causing problems, it would be a good idea to ban them as a member of your site. You may ban/remove members within the Member section of the Admin Access folder.
TIP: If you want to see lots of entries in your guestbook, surf some other eteamz sites and sign their books. Most people will respond in kind.
back to top
Message Boards - use this folder to create message boards for site members and visitors to post and reply on.
Click the Add Board Category link (lower left) to add a new board category. On the following form, enter a name and description (optional) for the category. This will create a "section" where you may add as many topic boards for the particular category. Once you create a category, you may enter a topic board by clicking the Add Board link (lower left). To switch between board categories (to add or edit the topic boards), use the Select Message Boards drop down (upper right).
back to top
Access - this folder contains 3 sections, which will be used to determine what pages will be open on your site, who can view them, and under what circumstances. These are personal choices that can be changed at any time.
1. Members - will display web site personnel and online viewers who have been officially registered with your site. Click the Add People link to add/invite a new person to the site. Anyone you wish to help or be part of your web site will need to be added to this area. You need to decide how much ADMIN access, or what "security level" they will receive. A person's security level can be changed or removed at any time. When inviting a person to the site, you will only be able to assign them a Member or Fan access level. After the person has been invited you may click the edit icon to the right of a member name to update the access level.
Member = Basic member, can access areas of the main site you select for them in the "Site Access Settings" section.
Fan = Basic member, can access areas of the main site you select for them in the "Site Access Settings" section. This person may be someone you do not know and has joined your site by requesting access.
Webmaster = Can access all areas of the main site and the Admin. If you have a League or Organization site, Webmasters can also access team or league sub-site Admin areas.
Note: Webmasters cannot assign a Head Webmaster or another Webmaster. They can assign
an Asst. Webmaster.
Asst. Webmaster = Can access all areas of the main site and areas of the Admin you select for them. Use the "Admin Access Settings" area (these settings will display after you choose and update this access level) to choose which areas are appropriate. This section will display after you update the member as Asst. Webmaster.
Note: Asst. Webmasters cannot assign another Webmaster or Asst. Webmaster.
Banned = The member will be removed from your site.
Anyone you submit an email address for will receive an invitation to your site. If you do not enter an email address YOU will receive the account information via email. You will be responsible for sending this information to the member. If you have decided to have any of your pages be "members only", then anyone wanting to view those pages will also need to be approved or invited by you. People who want to view the "members only" pages, but who will NOT be working on the web site should be given the security level of Member or Fan.
2. Pages - By clicking on the Pages folder, all of your main pages will be displayed. You will use this folder to change the security levels for your site pages. There are four choices for each page, which can be changed at any time. To have your pages seen by anyone who surfs your site (generally the normal setting for most, if not all of your pages), choose "Open to all". To regulate or restrict access of any page to specific people, choose "Members Only". To allow fans AND members access choose "Fans/Members Only". To shut off a page (to work on it for instance) choose "Closed".
TIP: If you are actively competing in the eteamz epointz race, set one or more of your pages to "Members Only." By doing this, each person who visits that "Members Only" page will need to register with your site, earning your site epointz for each new member. You can decide, on the "Settings" page, how you will allow new members to be added to your site.
3. Settings - you can decide how online viewers become official "members" of your web site. All members will require your approval. This is for security purposes. Believe us, this will help you manage your site much better, as you will run into site violators almost never because you do not have to accept mew members automatically.
You will have two options:
Manual Approval: Users can be invited by a webmaster or may request access from fans/members-only pages on the web site. The webmaster must approve all members requesting access. The webmaster will receive an email when a user is requesting access. The webmaster then needs to login to the site Admin and go to the Access section of the Admin Members folder to approve or deny a specific user by clicking on the edit icon to the right of the person's name.
Invite Only: Users must be invited by a webmaster to gain access to fans/members-only pages.
NOTE: The Message Boards will always be set to Members Only. This is due to the U.S. Federal Law COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act).
back to top
Uploads - this folder contains 4 sections where you upload files for storage and easy access as you build your site.
ALL files must first be uploaded BEFORE they can be applied to any part of your site. These files may be images (.gif or .jpg), sounds (.mid, .wav, .mp3), video (.mov, .mpeg, etc.), or various kinds of textual files. Although files may be loaded at other places in your web site, this is the only place where ALL types of files may be uploaded, and is probably the best place to do your uploading. As you upload files, a running list will be displayed for each type of file that is uploaded.
TIP: To help you speed up the uploading process, you are allowed to upload up to 15 files at a time. Use the Upload Rows drop down window (lower right corner) to choose how many rows you need.
Images (.gif and .jpg)
Sounds (.mid, .wav or .mp3)
Videos (.avi, .mov, .mpeg, .mpeg2, .qt, .rm and .wmv)
Files (see the Handouts overview for accepted file types)
All files are uploaded similarly in the following manner:
Continue this procedure for all of the files that you are uploading. Once the files are uploaded, they will appear in various file lists and may be applied to different pages throughout your site. You may delete any of these files at any time.
- Click on the Browse button to access files located on your computer.
- A small window will display listing your computer files.
- Find the appropriate folder where the file you wish to upload is stored.
- Highlight the file and click the open button.
- You will now see the file name listed next to the Browse button on the Upload New File form.
- Add an image name in the File Name text box.
- Click the Upload Files button to add the file(s).
back to top
Logout - click here to end your Admin session. You will be taken directly to the home page of your web site.
NOTE: If you wish to view the site without logging out of the Admin, use the "Check the Site! " links in the lower right of most Admin folders.
back to top