NEBAS League: Welcome
FALL NEBAS LEAGUE
The Fall league will start on Sunday, Sept. 10th and continue through Sunday, Oct. 29th. There will be 8 games in the season – 9/10, 9/17, 9/24, 10/1, 10/8, 10/15, 10/22, and 10/29. The top four teams in each division will make the playoffs, which will be held on Nov. 5th and 12th. Trophies (team and town) will be presented to the 1st and 2nd place teams that play in the championship game.
Registration deadline is September 1st.
The Town Commitment Form and the Roster Form are available under the "2017 Fall League Forms" tab.
Please note the following for the Fall NEBAS league:
1) TO BE 100% CLEAR, whatever level your team played at in the summer, you move up ONE level. IE, Summer 9U is now fall and spring 10U. For the 12U summer, they will move up to fall 50x70. This will prepare them for next year -- bigger field, leading, balks, etc. If you don’t have a 50x70 field, you can still enter and play your HOME games away. SUMMER 12u teams that are looking to play 60x90 will need to play in the FALL 14u division, which was the SUMMER 13u division.
2) Age Limits. Please check the "Age Limits" tab.
3) New division this year and ONLY for the fall league, 15u (Summer’s 14u division).
4) Division levels offered for the fall league will be the following:
- 7/8u Coach Pitch
- 8u Kids Pitch
- 13u 50x70
5) Game days and times. Being the Recreation Director in Closter, I fully understand fall sports. We are NOT looking to interfere with Soccer or Football. Games are SCHEDULED for Sundays. Times are ALL TBD. The two coaches call each other and work out a time. IF they have a free day during the week that they wish to BOTH play, that is fine. BUT note this is a SUNDAY league. Teams will not be FORCED to play on any day but Sunday but moving games to a weekend or a Saturday is fine. We URGE all coaches to be cognizant of Soccer and Football and work around those in season sports.!!!
6) League fee is $100. The home team is responsible for lining up the umpires for their home games. No umps fo coach pitch. One (1) umpire for 8u~12u games. Two (2) umpires for 13u/14u/15u games. The umpire fees are split between both teams and umpires should be paid on the field. The list of umpire assignors is available on the side tab.
7) Pitchers can pitch 2 innings a game only.
8) Town Commitment Form and league fee is due by Friday, September 1st. Forms are available on the "2017 Fall League Forms" tab.
9) Schedules will be available by Thursday, September 7th. Please be ready to play on Sunday, September 10th.
10) Fall rules will be posted on the NEBAS website in the coming weeks.