The keeper starts with the ball. Have players line up in their basic
formation. In this example we are assuming team is playing 8 aside.
Players attack the opposite goal, trying to score. After the attempt at
goal, repeat in the opposite direction. If you have enough players,
organize another group to attack in the opposite direction. The two teams
play through one another, no defense.
- Activity leader should encourage wide players to stay wide, but make
sure they get the ball.
- Demand that the players go to goal as in a real game. This should
look like a real game.
- Demand players go to goal at speed.
- Watch the way the players attack: Do they pass most? Do they dribble
- Which players seem to control the attack.
Try These Variations
- Get to goal in 15 seconds.
- All players must touch the ball before final strike at goal.
- Players only have 3 touch, 2 touch ,then 1 touch.
- Get to goal in as few passes as possible.
- Get to goal using to passes.
- Activity leader gives each player a number. At the start of each
attack, the leader calls a number, and the team must organize so that
player takes the final shot on goal.