Back Back to Board Total Views: 17267 - Total Replies: 9 
Print Print This Post << Previous Topic | Next Topic >> 

Back Reply to this Message BackReport Abuse Display Mode: Flat | Threaded 
  Nickname: keith__286

Posted: 12/27/2008 11:39am
Views:   1766
Replies: 2
  TO THE PEOPLE THAT RUN THIS SITE  
This site needs help. If you look at the message boards it appears they are all dead. Nowhere is there any "new" icon yet I posted today and have recently. At Big Soccer, whenever ANY post is made, that topic moves to the front with the date and name of poster displayed. Could that be done here? I think if people checking in at the site see ongoing discussion they will respond

Nickname: Ciscooh

Posted: 12/27/2008 12:23pm
Views:   1755
Replies: 1
  Re: TO THE PEOPLE THAT RUN THIS SITE  
That's not the issue. I was on this board when it started at eteamz in the mid 90's (before active network) and it was very active. But I have had to reregister three times because my old account disappeared; and I had sites on this server then also.

The issue now is the drawn out process it takes to get signed on. Why it does not simply take you back to the board you started from is a frequently asked question and one that has never been addressed. Use to be so very easy to use; open the page, login, and you were ready to go.

Now, if you are not familiar with the process you would not know to login, choose a sport, choose message boards, choose which message board, and finally hope that it will let you post after all that because sometimes it will not.

Use to be a great site until they made "Upgrade improvements" during October of 2006".

Might as well have a grave stone now; on every board they host.

[ Modified 12/27/2008 12:28pm by Ciscooh ]

Posted: 12/29/2008 9:56am
Views:   1759
Replies: 0
I'm able to view and then login but it's a difficult site for sure

Nickname: RefFormerlyKnownAsVancouverDave

Posted: 12/30/2008 8:31pm
Views:   1716
  Happy  Re: TO THE PEOPLE THAT RUN THIS SITE  
Actually, Keith, I believe there is a bug with the NEW icons.

When I log into the site, I see several NEW icons. If I open a message, then go back to the discussion list using anything other than my browser's BACK softkey, all of the NEW icons are cleared.

So it appears to me that the NEW icons are being cleared by the wrong activities.

RFKAVD.

Nickname: Brianm

Posted: 12/31/2008 4:04pm
Views:   1733
For what ever reason, the site is not as active as it used to be and I miss the information that was passed out here.

Posted: 1/1/2009 1:04pm
Views:   1709
There's definitely some problem with the new icons. If anyone running this site read this, it would be good to have the new icons show without having to log on

Posted: 1/2/2009 3:33pm
Views:   1716
  ref sites  
Guys are there any other sites that you go to that I could use to improve my understanding of how refs think and make calls?

Thanks

Nickname: Ciscooh

Posted: 1/2/2009 5:06pm
Views:   1706
  Re: ref sites  
Will be interesting to see if this post remains in the thread for very long. And for the record, I once again had to re-set my password as the system would not accept the updated password I had to create the last time I was here.

Some other referee sites;
Big Soccer
Colorado Soccer Net
North Carolina Soccer Forum
South Texas Soccer Portal
Ask A Soccer Referee
The Referee Forum
NFHS Forum Soccer

There are many others, as well as some, possibly even some of those listed, that you will find to be not very active. In any event, be careful of the information you read and the perspective in which you choose to accept it. Referee forums are no different than any other 'Online Forum'. You will find posters who will argue the point under discussion from a rules position but who may not have any practical experience, as well as others that are behind on the updated Laws/Rules.

Information is good, but you would be better off latching on to a local referee in your area who has experience and who you can bounce thoughts and ideas off of. Most of us old guys do like to sit and talk when the discussion is good.

Good Luck!

Posted: 1/2/2009 6:12pm
Views:   1709
  Thanks for the info  
I am a coach and each year I read the ATRs and read a couple of ref sites and partake in posts. I have learned a lot and having done that I think the refs I deal with respect me. I can talk with them more in depth about what ever comes up during the game and have mentioned things that they have never thought of and had to think about. Each year they try to get me to ref but I love coaching and I know I could not be a ref because I would not put up with what you guys deal with from some sidelines. I have had games where I have running dialogs with refs while play is going on, and some times not even about the game. I will admit that a small reason that I like to know as much as I can is to put some refs on the spot once in a while. Like the ref that called my player for a bad throw-in twice. The second time I said to him what was wrong with that, it was perfect. His come back was "she had her feet on the line, you know you can't do that". So I asked him to show me that in the book because I must have missed it. He didn't but after the game I did.I hear some unbelievable comments out of fans and coaches alike and I enjoy the knowledge I have gained from sites like this. I hope this site does not fade away.

Posted: 1/3/2009 10:02am
Views:   1707
Replies: 0
  Re: Thanks for the info  
I would also invite everyone to asktheref.com.
Coach Brian, NO referee should be having running dialogue with you while a game is in progress. The referee needs to be watching the game not talking to coaches. If the referee is dumb enough to do this, than you should be smart enough not to distract him. If you want to discuss something at least wait until the ball is out of play or, preferably, at half or before or after the game. In addition to your readings, go out to fifa.com and download the COMPLETE new LOTG. the USSF version leaves out the Interpretations section which has replaced FIFA's Q&A website. Remember that coaches are to act responsibly and each referee will interpret that differently. No one wants to see a coach get dismissed from a game but constant questioning calls will do that. I think coaches that become referees also become better coaches. You get a whole different perspective from observing the game from the middle and that can only help you as a coach. And, of course you are correct about the throw-in, but even if you are correct, it's best to talk with the referee after the game.

Heard on the court < < Previous Topic  |  Next Topic > > Nonsense Play, But...   

< Back
Football Soccer Basketball Baseball Ice Hockey Cheerleading Softball Volleyball Lacrosse Swimming Tennis Bowling More Sports