Back Back to Board Total Views: 11630 - Total Replies: 7 
Print Print This Post << Previous Topic | Next Topic >> 

Back Reply to this Message BackReport Abuse Display Mode: Flat | Threaded 
  Nickname: JohnF

Posted: 11/9/2008 3:01pm
Views:   1523
Replies: 4
  Happy  Today's Incidents  
Here are some incidents seen at the fields today. Feel free to comment, and I'll post the results later.

1. In a U-14B match, Player A1 passes the ball to A2, who is breaking in on Team B's goal. The field is rough, and the ball bounces up and hits A2's hand, which is down near his side. The ball falls favorably for A2, and he continues to advance on goal.

2. Prior to a U12G game, Team A only has 10 players. During the check-in, Coach A asks if he has to wait for a subbing opportunity if a player wants to come off for a rest.

3. Late in the same match, Team A is losing by 1 goal. A1 is taken down by B1 just outside of the right side of the penalty area, and the referee awards a free kick.

Prior to the kick being taken, the CR mistakenly raises his hand to signal for an IFK. No other player touches the ball before A1 kicks, and it is heads ominously through the air toward the goal.

Nickname: Brianm

Posted: 11/9/2008 8:19pm
Views:   1506
Replies: 1
  Re: Today's Incidents  
1, Play on, ball played the hand.
2, Yes.
3, No goal but hopefully the ref corrects it before the kickoff.

Nickname: ref47

Posted: 11/10/2008 9:11am
Views:   1505
1. keep playing.
2. no, but must have ref's permission to leave.
3. incorrect signal given. retake kick if it goes directly into goal; keep playing if it does not; score goal if it ends up being touched before it goes in.

Nickname: refmike

Posted: 11/10/2008 9:27am
Views:   1516
Replies: 0
1) no infraction, no call
2) inform coach that player must notify ref and get permission to leave AND must also get permission when ready to return to the field.
3) Poor wording on question. Arm went up before kick but was it still up at taking of kick? If so, kick must be retaken reguardless of result. If not, play on.
(2007 ATR 13.9)

Nickname: JohnF

Posted: 11/11/2008 6:24pm
Views:   1480
  Happy  What Happened  
1. I was the lead AR on this, and the CR was screened by A2's body. I did not signal to the CR, as there was indeed no offense. A2's shot missed the target.

When we were lining up for the subsequent goal kick, however, evidently someone complained to the CR. He asked me if there was a handball on the play, and I called back that the ball was not deliberately handled.

That immediately brought protests from the spectators, all of whom gave the old "if you get an advantage after a handball its a foul." Some myths never go away!

2. The center for this game is a fairly new adult official, who only reffed his first full sided game 2 weeks ago. He is very nervous during games, but wants to do well and listens to advice.

He gave the correct answer (ie: can leave the field at any time with the referee's permission, can also come back on at any time with the referee's persmission)to the coach.

However, once the coach walked away he asked me if that was correct. I confirmed his answer, and only added that if a player does get permission to leave, she had to leave and could not take part in the play.

3. The CR kept his hand up, and luckily the shot sailed just wide. I was the trail AR at that time, and we talked about it after the game. He was simply so nervous he didn't even realize he had raised his arm. Evidently neither the lead AR nor the coaches of both teams noticed.

Nickname: keith__286

Posted: 11/17/2008 12:45pm
Views:   1477
1. Let me guess. Everyone started screaming ":handball" and some fool referee stopped play for deliberately handling the ball which never happened.
2.AT least he asked
3.Retake

Nickname: PA_Sokker_Ref

Posted: 1/20/2009 2:48pm
Views:   1323
1-No Call
2-No player can ask referees permission to leave the field.., I have actually told players pregame that they may leave the filed if they need rest or a drink when they are playing short...bu must renenter at midfield just like a sub when I call them back on.
3-Since the ball did not enter the goal there is no problem....had you meant to say thet the ball entered the goal however and you wait to see if anyone realizes your mistake...if not GOAL...if Yes..referee Error but too late the ball is already put into play EAT IT and learn.

Nickname: keith__286

Posted: 1/20/2009 10:03pm
Views:   1307
Just wondering where you are getting your information to justify your answers. Is there a memo somehwere I missed that says players cannot ask permission to leave the field for whatever reason?
As to #3, Advice is clear that if the referee gives the indirect free signal for a direct free kick, the kick is to be retaken. Have I missed something somewhere?

What would you REALLY do? < < Previous Topic  |  Next Topic > > Need Your Help   

< Back
Football Soccer Basketball Baseball Ice Hockey Cheerleading Softball Volleyball Lacrosse Swimming Tennis Bowling More Sports