Madison County Youth Football League: Welcome
MADISON COUNTY YOUTH FOOTBALL LEAGUE
FALL 2013 SEASON
"Winning is only half of it. Having fun is the other half." - Bum Phillips
This is the official eteamz site for the Madison County (KY) Youth Football League.
Bookmark this page and check frequently for updates concerning all league activities. Also check out our Facebook page for current events:
The Madison County Youth Football League serves Richmond, Berea and all other communities of Madison County. We are here to promote the development of the youth in our community in the sport of football by teaching fundamentals as well as influencing good sportsmanship, teamwork and high morals. We are an affiliate of American Youth Football which is the largest youth football organization in the world and also an affiliate of City of Richmond Parks and Recreation. MCYFL is open to youth ages 5-11. We play our games at Kiwanis Football Field at Lake Reba.
Friday, August 9
Due to the rain and inclement weather, Junior Tackle Division Evaluations will be RELOCATED to KIT CARSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL GYM. Kit Carson is located 450 Tates Creek Rd, Richmond, KY. 40475. Park in the back and come through the gym doors. Player are to wear their tennis shoes and NO CLEATS. If you have any questions, please post. Thanks for understanding and a special thanks to KIT CARSON for the use of their gym!!!
Tuesday, March 19
FALL 2013 SIGN-UPS
· Physical sign-ups have concluded, but you can go to the “Handouts” section of this website and download player and coaching application.
· All applications, copy of birth certificates, current year physicals and payment may be mailed to….
P.O. Box 429
Richmond, Kentucky 40476-0429
· Applications received after August 1st, 2013 will not be available for draft selection and will be placed on a waiting list. Also, if late registrant is to return to the same team from the previous year, player will not be available for return to that team and will also be placed on waiting list.
· Anyone interested in being considered as a coach or assistant coach should complete a Coaching Application and also mail to the above address.
COST : Junior & Senior Tackle: $100
FALL 2013 SEASON BEGINS…….
· August 5th – 9th: Conditioning / Evaluation Week
Ø Mon., August 5th & Tues., August 6th : Conditioning for all participants - 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Ø Thurs., August 8th: Senior Evaluations – 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Ø Fri., August 9th: Junior Evaluations – 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Ø Sat., August 10th: MCYFL Draft (coaches only)
· Opening Day tentatively scheduled for September 7th.
EQUIPMENT THAT IS PROVIDED BY LEAGUE:
Helmet, Shoulder Pads, Game Jersey, and 7 piece pads
EQUIPMENT THAT IS NOT PROVIDED BY LEAGUE:
Protective Cup, Mouthpiece, Practice Jersey, Practice &/or Game Pants, Socks & Cleats
It is also recommended that each player purchase their own chin strap that has a padded cup for extra protection.
FUNDRAISER: Players will be selling cookie dough as our fundraiser this year. There will be great prizes given away for those who sell the most overall & team sells. For those not wanting to participate in the fundraiser, we are offering a buyout of $40 per player.
Thursday, August 25
Madison County Youth Football Board & Advisory Members
Player Agent / Treasurer:
Equipment Manager: David Hensley, Jim Hess
Fundraising Chair: Wesley Browne & Randy O'Neal
Board Members: John Knuckles, D Mitchell, Hamilton Taylor
Advisory Members: Chuck Hardin, Kevin Gorman, Keith Long, Wade Moore, Madison Central Head Coach Bert Browne & Eastern Kentucky University Head Coach Dean Hood