Poway High School Gymnastics: Welcome
Poway High Women's Gymnastics 2018
If you would like to join the team, please fill out the following contact form:
Important dates to remember (please mark on your calendar):
First Parent INFORMATIVE Meeting will be held this Friday, January 19 at 7:00pm in the little gym (Building U on the Campus Map). Feel free to invite girls or parents who are interested in learning more about Poway High Women's Gymnastics.
You MUST bring your ticket-to-play (yellow ticket) on Saturday, February 17th or the first practice you attend, to Coach Dave. No ticket, no tryout or participation, no exceptions. This is a school requirement that is strictly enforced.
Leotards are needed for new gymnasts and it takes 8 weeks to process special orders. In order to ensure that your gymnast has a leotard during the competition season we must order right away (Payment due Saturday, February 17th... late orders are subject to a $20 additional shipping fee). Leo's are from Australia and run large so your gymnast may try on a sample, if needed.
Here is the online order form link for clothing orders:
The first day of the Gymnastics season (move in day) will be Saturday, February 17th 9:00 am in the TAC.
- Move In Day- Saturday, February 17th
- There is a lot of large equipment to move and with more parent volunteers it will help the move go faster. This is a great opportunity for parents to meet other parents.
- We also need volunteers with pickup trucks to help move the equipment – please let me know if you can volunteer with a truck.
- Mandatory for all Gymnasts (Must Bring Ticket-To-Play). The first day will be move in day. Please meet in the practice room (across from the gym) and dress in appropriate work attire as you will be setting up the equipment.
- Parents are welcome and needed to help move equipment- THANK YOU!!
Second Parent Meeting will be February 20th at 5:30pm at the TAC (little gym that we work out in) to review introduction, schedule, policies
Because of the limited budget provide by the school district, donations from parents are absolutely vital to the success of the PHS Gymnastics Team. New equipment is funded solely through donations from personal donations and fundraising.
The Team sponsors a few activities during the season to raise funds to cover expenses. To raise funds for new equipment, please consider donating one of the following:
- Donations (not mandatory) in the amount of $200 or greater earns a free meal at our Banquet Award Dinner. All monetary contributions are greatly appreciated, Thank You!
You may contribute your voluntary tax-deductible donation to Poway High School Gymnastics Team by writing a check payable to PHS-Gymnastics Team Acct. #314. Please give donations to Coach Dave.
PHS Gymnastics Year End Banquet
The annual awards will be held at Bernardo Heights Country Club. Date and more information coming soon.
Best way to stay informed and involved:
Attend Team Dinners- during the season we will have a team dinner the night before a meet. These are fundraising dinners so your attendance makes a big difference.
Volunteer to help- during the season there will be opportunities to help in various ways. Stay tuned for more info!
Feel free to use this email for any questions or concerns. You may also reach me at 801-350-1543