Pocahontas Sports and Recreational Activities: Welcome
Pocahontas Sports and Recreational Activities Leagues
Thursday, October 25
Adult Women’s Basketball Leagues Announced
Pocahontas, Ark. - The City of Pocahontas is now accepting signups for the adult women’s basketball
There is a minimum of five teams.
All of the games will be played at the Pocahontas Community Center. Each team will play an eight game schedule plus a post-season single elimination tournament.
The city will provide basketballs, scorekeepers and referees. Teams will be expected to have their own jerseys.
You can register your team at Pocahontas City Hall on Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. You can also register your team by calling or emailing the Sports Complex. The email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone number is 870-378-7321
The cost of a team will be $350.
Cut-off date to register your team will be November 12th.
For more information about the season, visit www.cityofpocahontas.com and click on the Sports Complex tab or please call the Sports Complex. The phone number is: 870-378-7321.
Monday, October 8
|2018 Youth Basketball Registration Form|
|view full size|
Pocahontas, Ark. – The City of Pocahontas youth basketball season is about to begin. Signups will start from October 12th and will last until November 3rd. The cost of signup is $35 per person.
There will be a total of three signup dates. On October 13th, October 27st and November 3rd at the Pocahontas Community Center. Signs up will be from 9:00 AM- 12:00 PM. The last day to have forms submitted will be November 3rd by 12:00 PM at the Community Center. We will also be at M.D Williams for parent/teacher conferences Oct 18th. Sign-ups can be turned in at City Hall Monday-Friday between the hours of 9:00 AM-12:00 PM and 1:00 PM – 4:00PM.
For more information on basketball signups, check out www.cityofpocahontas.com and click on the Sports Complex section at the bottom of the page. You can also call the Sports Complex at 870-378-7321.
2018 Soccer Schedules have been posted. Click on the Youth Soccer link to find your schedule. Good luck to all of the teams!!
1) No OUTSIDE FOOD, DRINKS OR COOLERS allowed. Team coolers with complex sticker only will be allowed.
2) No alcoholic beverages allowed.
3) No pets are allowed. Guide dogs are an exception.
4) No smoking allowed inside the complex.
5) No artificial noisemakers, air horns, etc.
6) No firearms are allowed.
7) No skateboards, bicycles, scooters, roller blades, or heelys allowed.
8) Abusive and/or vulgar language is not allowed.
9) Parking allowed only in designated areas.
10) No individual photography allowed inside the fences of the playing field.
11) No unauthorized portable heating or cooling units allowed in the park.
1) The warm up areas are confined to the common grassy areas of the complex. No warm-ups are allowed on the over-paved walkways.
2) Pre-game warm ups: To preserve the integrity of the fields, ALL teams will warm up in the OUTFIELD until it is time for them to take their infield practice.
3) No hitting of any balls soft or otherwise, allowed into the fences on all fields.
4) No one is allowed to warm up on, take batting practice, infield, pickup games on any field not in use.
5) It is the coach's responsibility to have his/her team clean up the dugout after your game.
6) Absolutely no climbing on the fences.
Sports Complex 378-7321
If you wish to schedule a Baseball or Softball practice for Monday,Tuesday,Thursday or Friday please contact the sports complex.The Complex will be open Saturday from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM and Sunday 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Go to Pocahontas Youth Soccer Page for signup dates