Piscataway Little League: News
USA Baseball Bat Standard 2018
Saturday, February 20
Piscataway Little League Local Policies revised 2/8/2016
Piscataway Little League Local Policies - 2016
Managers and coaches are expected to be aware of and abide by the national rules found in the current Little League Baseball Official Regulations and Playing Rules (Playing Rules). The Local Rules approved by the Piscataway Little League Board of Directors are listed here. These rules have been added to reflect the needs and philosophy of Piscataway Little League.
Piscataway Local Playing Rules:
1. The Visiting Team:
Managers' are responsible to police their dug-outs.
• Visiting Team is listed first (1st) on the schedule.
• Uses the third (3rd) base dugout.
• Provides the official pitch counter.
2. The Home Team:
• Is listed second (2nd) on the schedule.
• Uses first (1st) base dugout.
• Responsible for retrieving and retuning the bases.
• Provides the official scorekeeper.
**Note: the batting cage is reserved for both teams one hour before the game. If both managers arrive with their teams 1 1/2 hours before the game to take extra batting practice, they will share the batting cage.
3. Concession Stand:
• Each team will be scheduled to man the concession stand for one or more nights during the season.
• Teams will be scheduled on a night when their team is playing.
• Teams will be responsible to provide 4 parents to work the concession stand.
• Parents will be at the concession stand no later than 5:15 and will not leave until the kitchen is clean
coolers restocked, garbage removed, dishes cleaned etc…
• Failure to provide 4 parents by the appointed time will result in disciplinary action*. *Disciplinary action:
The child/children of the parent that does not show at the concession stand for duty will be benched
for the current game.
4. Player Eligibility (BOTH Leagues):
• Any player found to be suspended from school WILL NOT be eligible to participate in any
Little League activities until the player is off suspension from school (player returns to school)
• Any player who quits, leaves, or abandons their team during the regular season is NOT eligible to try out
and/or play for ANY post season team (documented medical reasons excluded).
5. Team Managers are OBLIGATED to notify a Board member (President, Vice President, American/National Major/Minor VP or American/National Player Agent) within 24 hours, either verbally or in writing after their game, to report any player who was not present with reason(s) why the player missed their scheduled game. Managers must immediately notify the Board if any player quits, leaves, or abandons their team so that the parents of the player can be notified and informed of the above rule by the Piscataway Little League Board. Managers who do not report absences or fail to notify the Board if a player quits WILL be subjected to disciplinary measures.
6. RAIN OUTS:
The Game Re-Scheduler will determine when the game will be played (earliest possible date). Games should be made up within one week; preferably Saturday or Sunday of the game week. Games rescheduled for Saturday will have a start time of no earlier than 10 am and on Sunday, no earlier than 1pm.
7. Starting Time
The starting time for games is 6:30 P.M on fields 1,2 & 5, forfeit time is 6:45pm and games played on fields 3 & 4 will have a starting time of 5:45 pm, forfeit time is 6:00.
Must be kept in proper order for all games;
Records must be maintained for both teams.
Pitch count sheets MUST be turned into the concession stand upon completion of the game. PENALTY: Possible suspension of the manager by the Board. Books are subject to periodic inspection. Piscataway Little League 2016 Local Rules
9. Practices for post season play may not be conducted at the Little League Fields. Only exception is for the Williamsport teams on fields 3 and 4. 10. The Williamsport team may not be chosen until the District allows.
• The selection of replacing a player will be a decision between the Major League Manager, the Player Agent
and the Board, with the Board having the final say.
• An inactive player is one who will not be available to play for at least seven (7) consecutive scheduled games.
• When a major league team needs to draft a player up from the minors to fulfill empty roster spots, no more than 1 player will be picked from one specific minor league team until all minor league teams have lost a player to a major league team.
Then and only then may a 2nd player be taken from a minor league team to a major league team.