Old Georgetown Swim and Tennis Club: Pool Rules
The following rules and regulations have been established for the benefit and protection of all users of the Old Georgetown Club in order to assure safe and sanitary operation of pool facilities and provide enjoyable recreation for all members and their guests.
Parents will be responsible for their children’s complete understanding and observance of these rules. Any person found not complying with any of the rules and regulations will be given a warning by the Pool Manager on duty. If they subsequently fail to abide by the rules and regulations, that person will be asked to leave the pool property and the OGC Board of Directors must approve future access to the pool. Membership at OGC can be terminated for lack of compliance with the rules and regulations.
Hours of Operation:
1pm - 8:15pm*
Montgomery County Public School Days
11:15am - 8:15pm*
Weekdays when school not in session
9:30am - 8:15pm*
Weekends & Holidays
* Fridays during June & July, the club will remain open until 9:00 pm. Last swim ends at 8:15 pm.
- The Old Georgetown Club is located in a residential neighborhood. Please avoid making excessive noise in or around the premises.
- Please do not litter.
- The phone in the office should be used to deliver messages to persons at the pool in emergencies only.
- No food or drink consumption is allowed on the pool deck. Food or drink consumption is restricted to the areas adjacent to the kitchen, the clubhouse, and designated areas with picnic tables.
- Smoking is not permitted within the pool enclosure area.
- A 15-minute adult swim (for persons 16 years or older) will be called at 45 minutes past each hour. During this period, children are not allowed in the main pool. During periods of low usage, the Pool Manager may (at his/her discretion) refrain from calling adult swim. In this case, should any adult member request adult swim, the Pool Manager will call it.
- Diving well use: from the top of the hour to half past, the well is to be used for diving only; from half past to quarter of the hour, the well is to be used for swimming; from quarter of to the top of the hour, the well is to be used by adults and children ages 16 and over only.
- No water guns of any type are permitted on the pool premisis.
- All swimmers should rinse before entering the pool.
- Report any sanitation or maintenance issues directly to the Pool Manager.
- Use of the tennis courts is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Use of the clubhouse for parties and events must be reserved in advance with the Pool Manager.
The Pool Manager or his/her designated assistant is responsible and has full authority for the daily operation of the pool. Users of the pool must not argue with the pool staff and any complaints should be addressed to the Pool Manager or his/her designate.
Identification and Registration:
All individuals are required to sign in with the club attendant when entering the premises. Members with guests are required to register their guests.
Guest Privileges and Fees:
Members are allowed to bring guests, however a guest may not enter or remain in the facility without his/her sponsoring member.
- Guest fees are $5.00/day per guest.
- Guests aged 5 and under are free-of-charge.
- Guests are subject to all rules and regulations addressed herein
- Guest fees are non-refundable and there are no rain checks.
Admission of Children:
- No child younger than 10 years of age is allowed to enter or remain on club grounds unless accompanied and supervised by a responsible person of at least 14 years of age.
- The wading pool is reserved for children 5 years of age or younger.
- Children in the wading pool are the responsibility of the person bringing them into the pool and shall be attended and supervised at all times by a responsible person of at least 14 years of age.
- Rubber pants must be worn in the wading pool.
- Only toilet-trained children 2 years old or older are permitted in the main pool.
- No diapers or rubber pants of any kind are permitted in the main pool.
- Glass is not permitted anywhere within the pool facility.
- All persons shall obey pool rules and regulations and the instructions of the Pool Manager and lifeguards at all times.
- No person shall enter the pool unless it is officially open and lifeguards are on duty.
- Running on the pool deck and boisterous or rough play anywhere on the premises is strictly prohibited.
- Any injuries occurring on the premises shall be reported immediately to the Pool Manager or his/her designated staff.
- Non-swimmers are not permitted in water over their heads -- with or without swimming aids -- unless accompanied and supervised by a responsible swimmer of at least 14 years of age.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard approved floatation devices are allowed in the pool. Approved devices are available on a first come, first served basis at the pool office.
- Water wings are not permitted in the main pool.
- Kick boards may only be used in the lap lanes.
- Children using approved flotation devices, either in the water or by the side of the pool, must be accompanied at all times by a parent or a responsible person of at least 14 years of age.
- At the discretion of the Pool Manager, toys are permitted in the pool.
- Only one person is permitted on the diving board at a time.
- Divers should not mount the board until the previous diver has cleared the diving area and is exiting at the ladder.
- Diving is not permitted from the side of the board.
- Excessive bouncing on the board is prohibited.
- Swimmers will be permitted in the diving well only when the diving boards are not being used and at the discretion of the lifeguard on duty.
- Running dives from the deck of the diving well, or from side of the pool anywhere that the water depth is less than 5 feet, is strictly prohibited.
- All swimmers are required to wear appropriate bathing apparel. Clothing is not permitted in the main pool.