Old Bridge Lacrosse: Mission Statement
Old Bridge Youth Lacrosse Association Mission Statement
Old Bridge Youth Lacrosse Association goals are:
- To provide the youth residing within the geographical boundaries of Old Bridge a healthful, enjoyable leisure time activity and, as part of the experience, to promote qualities that may help them in later life such as sportsmanship, team skills, positive work-ethic, and integrity.
- To promote the sport of Lacrosse in the Old Bridge Area by providing educational activities in the play of the game, rules, and coaching.
- To coordinate lacrosse practice and game activities and to seek to minimize conflicts regarding resources such as fields, referees, coaches, and equipment.
- To provide training clinics for players new to the sport in order to add new players to the game.
- To provide training and certification clinics in the rules of the game, lacrosse coaching fundamentals, player safety, and leadership skills for coaches participating.
- To provide year round lacrosse opportunities including (but not limited to): Spring season outdoor field lacrosse games, Summer league outdoor field lacrosse games, Fall outdoor field lacrosse games, Winter indoor lacrosse games, special tournaments, lacrosse skills clinics for new and experienced players, and coaching training.
- To promote lacrosse opportunities for all age groups and skill levels including (but not limited to): Elementary School age, Middle School age, High School age, and College age boys.
- To promote the advancement of Lacrosse in Old Bridge High School, Salk Middle School and Sandburg Middle School.
- To act as a coordinating body with external organizations such as the Central New Jersey Youth Lacrosse League.