Northwood / Plainwell Little League: Welcome
|view full size|
Northwood / Plainwell
Little League (NPLL) - 2018
Rain Out Hotline:
Please use https://www.rainedout.net/team_page.php?a=999d7ab5f2c28f7b9c88 to register for NPLL Rain-Out Notification via text or e-mail. After registration, you will automatically receive a text or e-mail (whichever you choose at registration) when the Northwood-Plainwell fields are closed due to inclement weather.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN ONLINE FOR ALL DIVISIONS!
CLICK "REGISTER NOW" BUTTON AT TOP OF PAGE!
OPENING DAY APRIL 28, 2018
Don't forget to like "Northwood Plainwell Little League-NPLL" on Facebook to stay up to date on things Baseball, Softball and Tball for the upcoming 2018 season!
** As of Januray 01, 2018, the new USA Baseball Bat Standard was implemented. Little League-approved baseball bats that were approved for use in the 2017 season will no longer be acceptable for use in any Little League game or activity as of Janury 01, 2018. For more information please visit https://www.littleleague.org/playing-rules/bat-information/
Field Clean up day is scheudled for April 14 at the NPLL Complex, we will run from 9:00 am-4:00 pm. Many hands make light work so please join us and help get the Complex and fields ready for OPENING DAY! *in the event of rain the back up date for clean up is April 21*
FUNDRAISING INFO FOR 2018:
This year we will be holding a raffle for a $1000.00 and $500.00 prize
WALK-IN REGISTRATION DATES BELOW:
Januray 13, 2018 from 10:00am-12:00pm
February 17, 2018 from 10:00am-1:00pm
* Walk-in regisration will be held at the Ransom District Lilbray located at 180 S. Sherwood St, Plainwell MI
- March 10, 2018
- Times per division TBD
PLAYER CLINICS (new this year): $10 per clinic - Hicks Gym
Softball - January 20, 2018 from 4:30-7:00 pm, March 03, 2018 from 4:00-5:30 pm
Baseball - February 03, 2018 from 4:30-7:00pm, March 03, 2018 from 5:30-7:00 pm
Little League Rule Change (initiated in 2014):
- Residency and School Attendance Eligibility (Section II) - In an effort to accomodate for Little Leaguers to play with their classmates, and ease the burden on parents and guardians, Little League has amended its residency requirements to allow children to play in the local league whose boundaries where they attend school is located. To verify enrollment, parents need to bring an official school document, such as a report card or school enrollment form, confirming enrollment in the school for the current academic year, dated before October 1, 2013. Read the full text of the new rule here. If your child does not live in NPLL district but attends one of the many schools that are located within the district, they would now be considered "in district" with Northwood-Plainwell Little League (with the appropriate documentation support).
Medical Release Form & Concussion Waiver Form
- Medical Release Forms and Concussion Waiver forms (as well as the concussion literature) has been placed on the "NPLL Documents" tab to the left.
- Please review this information and submit to your athlete's coach for the 2018 season.
- ATTENTION COACHES: Remember...each coach is required to complete a Concussion Certification prior to the beginning of the Little League season. Using the following link, every coach needs to view the training program, complete the questionnaire, and print off the certificate. This certificate needs to be provided to the Northwood/Plainwell Little League for filing.
- More Information Here
Special Games - 2018 Dates
Opening Day April 28, 2018
- Majors Baseball - TBD
- Majors Softball - TBD
- Little Majors Baseball - TBD
- Little Majors Softball - TBD
- 50/70 Baseball - TBD
Handout: 2018 Registration Form
50/70 Division Baseball - What is it?
- Real Baseball
Age 13 (league age)
50' pitcher's mound and 70' base paths
Players are permitted to lead off base
Players are permitted to steal on the pitcher's release
Balks are called on the pitcher's
Big Barrel Bats are permitted (Junior League requirements)
Handout: 50 70 Baseball