Northwood / Plainwell Little League: Welcome
|view full size|
Northwood / Plainwell
Little League (NPLL) - 2019
**We have migrated over to a new website, please visit us at http://tshq.bluesombrero.com/npllmi
CLICK "REGISTRATION" AT TOP OF PAGE TO SEE AVAILABLE PROGRAMS- REGISTRATION IS OPEN NOW AND WILL BE CLOSING FEBRRUARY 28, 2019 AT 11:59 PM. Remember to like us on Facebook at "Northwood Plainwell Little League- NPLL"
For inquires regarding Softball please email Don at email@example.com
For inquiries regarding Basebvall please email Lonnie at Lonnie566@gmail.com
OPENING DAY MAY 05, 2019
PLAYER CLINICS: Softball and Baseball Clinics are scheudled for February. The cost is $10.00 to attend, you DO NOT have to be registered for the 2019 season to attend these clinics. They will be held at Hicks Gym in Plainwell.
SOFTBALL: Saturday 02/09 11:30-1:00
BASEBALL: Saturday 02/16 11:30-1:00
Don't forget to like "Northwood Plainwell Little League-NPLL" on Facebook to stay up to date on things Baseball, Softball and Tball for the upcoming 2019 season!
** As of Januray 01, 2018, the new USA Baseball Bat Standard was implemented. Little League-approved baseball bats that were approved for use in the 2017 season will no longer be acceptable for use in any Little League game or activity as of Janury 01, 2018. For more information please visit https://www.littleleague.org/playing-rules/bat-information/
FUNDRAISING INFO FOR 2019:
The raffle is back! With such an amazing turn out last year we decided that we will be holding a raffle again this year!
WALK-IN REGISTRATION DATES BELOW:
February 02, 2019 from 10:00am-1:00 pm
February 23, 2019 from 10:00am-1:00pm
* Walk-in regisration will be held at the Ransom District Lilbray located at 180 S. Sherwood St, Plainwell MI
Little League Rule Change (initiated in 2014):
- Residency and School Attendance Eligibility (Section II) - In an effort to accomodate for Little Leaguers to play with their classmates, and ease the burden on parents and guardians, Little League has amended its residency requirements to allow children to play in the local league whose boundaries where they attend school is located. To verify enrollment, parents need to bring an official school document, such as a report card or school enrollment form, confirming enrollment in the school for the current academic year, dated before October 1, 2013. Read the full text of the new rule here. If your child does not live in NPLL district but attends one of the many schools that are located within the district, they would now be considered "in district" with Northwood-Plainwell Little League (with the appropriate documentation support).
Medical Release Form & Concussion Waiver Form
- Medical Release Forms and Concussion Waiver forms (as well as the concussion literature) has been placed on the "NPLL Documents" tab to the left.
- Please review this information and submit to your athlete's coach for the 2018 season.
- ATTENTION COACHES: Remember...each coach is required to complete a Concussion Certification prior to the beginning of the Little League season. Using the following link, every coach needs to view the training program, complete the questionnaire, and print off the certificate. This certificate needs to be provided to the Northwood/Plainwell Little League for filing.
- More Information Here
50/70 Division Baseball - What is it?
- Real Baseball
Age 13 (league age)
50' pitcher's mound and 70' base paths
Players are permitted to lead off base
Players are permitted to steal on the pitcher's release
Balks are called on the pitcher's
Big Barrel Bats are permitted (Junior League requirements)
Handout: 50 70 Baseball