Northwood / Plainwell Little League: Welcome
|view full size|
Northwood / Plainwell
Little League (NPLL) - 2017
Rain Out Hotline:
Please use https://www.rainedout.net/team_page.php?a=999d7ab5f2c28f7b9c88 to register for NPLL Rain-Out Notification via text or e-mail. After registration, you will automatically receive a text or e-mail (whichever you choose at registration) when the Northwood-Plainwell fields are closed due to inclement weather.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED ONLINE FOR ALL DIVISIONS OTHER THAN JR. BASEBALL & JR. SOFTBALL!
CLICK "REGISTER NOW" BUTTON AT TOP OF PAGE!
WALK-IN REGISTRATION DATES BELOW:
January 28 - 10:00-1:00: Location TBDCancelled
- February 19 - 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.: Gun Plain Township Hall (8th Street - Plainwell) - COMPLETE
- February 25 - 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.: Gun Plain Township Hall (8th Street - Plainwell - COMPLETE
- UPDATED - March 18 - Hicks Gym (Plainwell) -
- 1:00 - 2:00 - Little Major Baseball
- 2:00 - 3:00 - Major Baseball
- 3:00 - 3:45 - Minor Softball
- 3:45 - 4:30 - Little Major Softball
- 4:30 - 5:00 - Jr. Baseball
PLAYER CLINICS (new this year): $10 per clinic - Hicks Gym
Softball - February 26: COMPLETE
Baseball - March 5: COMPLETE
Little League Rule Change (initiated in 2014):
- Residency and School Attendance Eligibility (Section II) - In an effort to accomodate for Little Leaguers to play with their classmates, and ease the burden on parents and guardians, Little League has amended its residency requirements to allow children to play in the local league whose boundaries where they attend school is located. To verify enrollment, parents need to bring an official school document, such as a report card or school enrollment form, confirming enrollment in the school for the current academic year, dated before October 1, 2013. Read the full text of the new rule here. If your child does not live in NPLL district but attends one of the many schools that are located within the district, they would now be considered "in district" with Northwood-Plainwell Little League (with the appropriate documentation support).
Medical Release Form & Concussion Waiver Form
- Medical Release Forms and Concussion Waiver forms (as well as the concussion literature) has been placed on the "NPLL Documents" tab to the left.
- Please review this information and submit to your athlete's coach for the 2016 season.
- ATTENTION COACHES: Remember...each coach is required to complete a Concussion Certification prior to the beginning of the Little League season. Using the following link, every coach needs to view the training program, complete the questionnaire, and print off the certificate. This certificate needs to be provided to the Northwood/Plainwell Little League for filing.
- More Information Here
Special Games - 2017 Dates
- Majors Baseball - TBD
- Majors Softball - TBD
- Little Majors Baseball - TBD
- Little Majors Softball - TBD
- 50/70 Baseball - TBD
Handout: 2017 Registration Form
50/70 Division Baseball - What is it?
- Real Baseball
Age 13 (league age)
50' pitcher's mound and 70' base paths
Players are permitted to lead off base
Players are permitted to steal on the pitcher's release
Balks are called on the pitcher's
Big Barrel Bats are permitted (Junior League requirements)
Handout: 50 70 Baseball