NORTHWEST ATTACK Boys Basketball: Welcome
WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL: Northwest R-1 Classes begin Thursday, August 17th with basketball starting the following, Wednesday, August 23rd.
FASTBREAK TRAINING: Fastbreak Training features SKILLS and SCRIMMAGE for Grades 1-8 and is the fastest way for kids to learn to love the game of basketball by developing familiarity and confidence. As in years past, our Fastbreak Training will take place 6 Wednesday evenings in August and September from 6-7:30pm at the following dates and locations: 8/23 at NHS (Northwest High School Main Gym), 8/30 at BWES (Brennan Woods Elementary School Gym), 9/6 at BWES, 9/13 at NHS, 9/20 at NHS, 9/27 at NHS. Fastbreak Training instruction is developed and hosted by Northwest High School Head Varsity Basketball Coach Buddy Sodemann and his Staff. Attend ALL 6 SESSIONS for only $35.00 by Registering online at this website under the tab "Waiver & Payments". Single Session payment at the door is $10.00 Cash.
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES TO CONSIDER: Our NWAttack Winter Basketball League begins forming teams during the first week in October - with 2 Try-Out dates tentatively scheduled for Sunday, October 1st and Thursday, October 5th. All boys must attend a try-out to be evaluated for placement on a team - so that we can do everything possible to schedule opponents and leagues most appropriate for the level of competition. Once placed on a team, players should dedicate Tuesdays and Thursdays - during October, November, December, January & February - to practicing. Games are ordinarily be scheduled on Saturdays - and some Sundays - beginning the first weekend in December. Weekend Games ordinarly conclude the last weekend in February. There we be NO GAMES on Christmas weekend, but may be a game on New Years Weekend.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND: NWAttack loves multi-sport athletes and ENCOURAGES athletes to pursue atheltic development in a variety of disciplines. You are better athletes when you do this - the research bears this out. Accordingly, NWAttack recognizes that Fall sports (Youth Football, Youth Soccer) take precedent over Winter sports (Youth Basketball) until these Fall sports have concluded. At the same time, we believe Winter sports (Youth Basketball) are important and should be a priority during the Winter sport season. At NWAttack, we work hard to organize the end of the Winter Youth Basketball Season to coincide with the last week in February.
WANT MORE BASKETBALL? "Players are made in the off-season".
Last Spring 2017 (April & May) and Summer (June & July) NWAttack Players were developing their basketball gamenearly all year round. Below, you will see the details which NWAttack shared with players to make it easier for them to enjoy more meaningful basketball development.
1. CLUB BASKETBALL: Join a Club team for regular training, development and games during the Spring, Summer and/or Fall session. We are familiar which and encourage you to loook at TEM Select www.facebook.com/temselect or Mavericks Basketball www.mavericksbasketballcenter.com. Otherwise, you can certainly look at other Club team opportunities you might discover. You will need to contact these Clubs IMMEDIATELY for try-out dates and pricing information.
2. PRIVATE TRAINING: Spring, Summer & Fall is the time for Skill Development and Athletic Training - the time when you are able to develop your basketball game and knowledge. Pure Sweat Basketball www.puresweatbasketball.com is a private training and development organization with 4 Trainers in St. Louis available on a variety of dates and times: Mike Messer - 636.489.9397 - firstname.lastname@example.org, Jason Fry - 512.699.0098 - email@example.com, Tyler Ressel - 314.315.5820 - firstname.lastname@example.org, Corey Frazier - 314.780.7102 - email@example.com. Contact these Pure Sweat Trainers for dates and pricing - there is some good general information on-line about pricing and the areas where they are located.
3. CNR SPRING LEAGUE Congratulations to our Current 8thGrade, 6th/7th Grade and 4th/5thGrade NWAttack Boys who just just rostered three (3) separate teams to play in the CNR SPRING LEAGUE for the first time ever! These three (3) teams - more than forty boys (nearly half the league!) - will play a light schedule of games on Sunday afternoons (after other "in-season" athletic sport commitments have concluded for the weekend) which makes it convenient and affordable for these young men to continue to pursue and develop their love for basketball. Schedules are not released yet, but should include five (5) Sunday afternoon games on: April-9, April-23, April-30, May-7, May-21. Spring League Parents can Register now for only $35 per player at our website (no longer $50 per player, due to the large response!) Thank you!
4. SPRING SUNDAYS - TRAINING & SCRIMMAGE: Beginning Sunday, March 19, 2017 and continuing through Sunday, May 21, 2017 - nine (9) Sundays in March, April and May, except for Easter Sunday, April 16th - NWAttack will host 5-6pm Training & Development followed by 6-7pm Scrimmage at a Northwest R-1 Gymnasion.
The first four (4) Sundays: March-19 (Brennan Woods Elementary School, 4630 Brennan Road, High Ridge, MO 63049), March-26 (Brennan Woods Elementary School, 4630 Brennan Road, High Ridge, MO 63049), April-2 (Northwest High School, 6005 Cedar Hill Road, Cedar Hill, MO 63016), April-9 (Northwest High School, 6005 Cedar Hill Road, Cedar Hill, MO 63016) will feature Training & Development from 5-6pm conducted by "Pure Sweat" Professional Basketball Instructor Mike Messer. Participants Register at our website to attend these four (4) sessions of Training & Development for a total of $40 for all four (4) sessions. Following this training from 5-6pm, attendees will Scrimmage from 6-7p
The final five (5) Sundays: April-23 (Brennan Woods Elementary School, 4630 Brennan Road, High Ridge, MO 63049), April-30 (Northwest High School, 6005 Cedar Hill Road, Cedar Hill, MO 63016), May-7 (Northwest High School, 6005 Cedar Hill Road, Cedar Hill, MO 63016), May-14 (Northwest High School, 6005 Cedar Hill Road, Cedar Hill, MO 63016), May-21 (Northwest High School, 6005 Cedar Hill Road, Cedar Hill, MO 63016). These sessions will begin with Training & Development from 5-6pm with Scrimmage to follow from 6-7p
5. SUMMER OPPORTUNITIES - CAMPS AND DEVELOPMENT: At the conclusion of Spring activities and as the Northwest R-1 School year winds down, more infirmation will follow about Summer Basketball Camps, Leagues and Development - when this becomes available. Please make sure to LIKE our Facebook Page and check this website frequently - as these are the best places to find information about basketball as we distribute it!
Kindest Regards, -Brian May
WHO WE ARE: NWAttack is a community-based, volunteer youth basketball organization and the endorsed feeder program for Northwest R-1. We offer basketball development for youth Grades 1 thru 8 in the Northwest R-1 School District, focused on FUN and TECHNIQUE so that players have an opportunity to devlop a love of the game and confidence.
If you appreciate what
our Volunteers are focused on accomplishing in your Community, please be social
with us with a LIKE and SHARE on facebook at www.facebook.com/nwattack where we
would love to have you post photos and videos of your child playing basketball.
Questions or Comments? Contact Brian May at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.852.1380