Northside Wrestling: Welcome
Welcome to Northside Wrestling Club 2011-2012
Please see our new site at http://www.terrehautewrestling.com
The Feb 16th Newsletter is up at http://www.terrehautewrestling.com/news31.pdf
Thanks to all who made the 2012 Wabash Valley Open folkstyle wrestling tournament a success!
The end of year banquet is coming soon. We will have the banquet on Monday March 12th in the cafeteria at Terre Haute North High School at 6 p.m. Come join the fun and thanks for another great year of Northside club wrestling!
March 6th - Sullivan Middle School Dual
March 10th/11th - Pee-Wee through Novice Folkstyle State Finals - Ben Davis High School
March 10th - Wabash Valley Championship - Indiana State University
March 17th/18th - Schoolkid/Cadet/Junior Folkstyle State Finals - Warren Central High School
Freestyle and Greco Roman Wrestling
That's right it's that time of year. Coach Delisle requests your prescence for the start of freestyle and greco-roman wrestling practice and tournament opportunities beginning March 20th at 6 p.m. in the Terre Haute North wrestling room. Remember summer wrestlers make winter champions so join us for the fun and awesome experience
- The Northside Wrestling Club is a not-for-profit organization. Your fees include the cost of your ISWA membership, team t-shirt, entry fee for 2 tournaments and end of season awards.
- Practices for students in grades K-4 will be on Tues and Thurs 6:15 – 7:15 in the North High School wrestling room.
- Practices for students in grades 5-8 will be on Tues and Thurs 7:15 – 8:45 in the North High School wrestling room. Students wishing to participate on the middle school Eagles Wrestling team will have an additional practice on Mondays from 6:30 – 8:30.
- NOTE: Due to lack of seating, extraneous noise and distractions to the coaches and athletes while trying to conduct practice, only 1 parent per family will be allowed in the wrestling room during practice. No other siblings are permitted in the wrestling room during practice.
- No food is allowed in the wrestling room. Wrestlers may bring a water bottle or sports drink.
- Wrestlers will need to have headgear and mouthpieces in order to practice. Wrestling shoes are strongly suggested but are not required, (no street shoes on the wrestling mats). In addition, they should wear comfortable shorts and a t-shirt to each practice. Make sure all equipment is clean
- Older wrestlers should be using deodorant before coming to practice.
- The Northside Wrestling Club is a volunteer organization. Therefore, we encourage those interested in coaching to volunteer. We especially need additional supervision of the young athletes. The coaching staff of TH North HS will plan and oversee all practices. Volunteer coaches must be willing to help all athletes, not just their own child.
- End of season awards are based on points accumulated during the season. Wrestlers are awarded points for attending practice and for placement in tournaments (6pts for 1st place, 5pts for 2nd, 4pts for 3rd, 3pts for 4th, 2pts for 5th and 1pt for 6th).
- Wrestlers must participate in the Wabash Valley Folkstyle Open (our home tournament) in order to be eligible for points. Wabash Valley Folkstyle Open – February 26, 2012
- This is our home tournament and requires a lot of parent support to make it a success. Parent help is needed in many areas, so PLEASE plan to assist with this big event. More details and sign-up sheets will be available at a later date.
For more information, please contact
Malea Crosby (812)243-3291
Dana Morlan (812)201-1769
Marsha Dull (812)201-9182