North Newark Little League: Welcome
THIS IS ONLY FOR THOSE WHO PLAYED IN THE SPRING OR FALL 2016 AND/OR 2017 SEASONS. NEW PLAYERS MUST REGISTER IN PERSON AT ONE OF THE SCHEDULED REGISTRATIONS. There will be a small fee charged by this service.
North Newark Little League is a chartered Little League that is located in NJ's District 8. The League was founded in 1955 as the St. Francis Xavier Baseball League. The League is comprised of over 500 players participating on 38+ teams and 7 distinct divisions from ages 4 through 18. The League is also a member of Major League Baseball's RBI Program.
2018 ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!!!!
Please note that this is for returning players - those who have participated in the League in either the 2016 or 2017 Spring or Fall Seasons!!
Simply Click On The Register Now Tab On The Upper Left.
Little League Baseball
RBI Baseball and Softball
Boys & Girls Ages 4 to 18
*** FRIDAY, FEB., 23, 2018 FROM 6:30PM TO 8:00PM AT ABINGTON AVENUE SCHOOL ( Main Etrance)
1. FEE- Please note: Each player is required to purchase his/her own pair of regulation pants (GREY, ELASTIC WAIST & KNEES). No child will be allowed to play WITHOUT these pants, which can be purchased wholesale from the League (at a savings of 50% off the retail price).
registration fee- $50.00
price of pants (if needed)- $10.00 youth sizes/ $15.00 adult sizes
2. Each child must be accompanied by an adult. 3. Each child must present proof of age (birth certificate).
AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUAL LEAGUES
1. TEE BALL: Must be 4 years old by August 31, 2018 &
cannot turn 7 years old before August 31, 2018
2. PRE-MINOR Must be 7 years old by August 31, 2018 &
cannot turn 9 years old by August 31, 2018
**3. MINOR LGE. Must be 9 years old by August 31, 2018 &
**4. LITTLE LGE: Must be 9 years old by April 30, 2018 &
cannot turn 13 years old by April 30, 2018
**5. JUNIOR RBI LGE: Must be 13 years old by April 30, 2018 &
cannot turn 16 years old by April 30, 2018
**6. SENIOR RBI LGE: Must be 16 years old by April 30, 2018 &
cannot turn 19 years old by April 30, 2018
**7. GIRLS RBI SOFTBALL: Must be 13 years old by January 1, 2018 &
cannot turn 19 years old before January 1, 2018
** THOSE WHO REGISTER IN THESE DIVISIONS ON OR BEFORE FEBRUARY 9, 2018 WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE AT NO COST EITHER A PAIR OF SLIDING SHORTS, BATTING GLOVES OR AN ARM BAND. SEE THE GIVE AWAYS FLIER IN THE 'HANDOUTS' SECTION TOP LEFT OF THIS SITE
The 2018 Registration Notice and Form Can be Downloaded From The 'Handouts' Section to The Left
Online Registration Available For RETURNING PLAYERS (Those Who Played in 2016 or 2017) ONLY / See The 'Register Now' Link To The Left
Baseball & Softball Registration
Ages 13 - 18
* Join Major League Baseball's RBI Program!!!
* Newark RBI has a Boys Junior Division (ages 13 - 15), a Boys Senior Division (ages 16 - 18), and a Girls Softball Division (ages 18U).
* The Junior Boys (ages 13-15) and Girls Softball will begin play in April. The Senior Boys (ages 16-18) will begin play in late May after High School Baseball is finished.
* Boys who wish to register will be directed to their local participating RBI Program. For those who live in and around the North Ward of Newark, for example, it would be the North Newark Baseball Program (See the information above). Those living in other areas should email us at email@example.com so that we may direct you to the proper member league. Newark residency is not required.
* All Girls Softball teams are part of the North Newark Baseball Program. There is no other RBI Softball in Newark. Girls who wish to play must register with North Newark (See above)
See RBI's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/MLBRBI
to learn more about the Program and the many
opportunities available to RBI players, including
college scholarships and possible nomination to regional showcases!!!
This Website Can Now Be Reached Through
Coach Joe's 2017 Holiday Wolfpack Toy Drive Is A Success!
Thank you to all who donated to make the Holiday season a little brighter for less fortunate children in our City.
A GREAT DAY FOR NORTH NEWARK AND OUR CITY!!
MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL HELD ITS ANNUAL RBI JACKIE ROBINSON DAY CLINIC AT KASBERGER FIELD AND CELEBRATED THE OPENING OF THE LEAGUE'S INDOOR TRAINING BUILDING AND BATTING CAGES ON FRIDAY APRIL 15, 2010!!! FORMER MAJOR LEAGUER HAROLD REYNOLDS,THE YANKEES'BRIAN CASHMAN AND JOE GIRARDI AS WELL AS TEXAS RANGER'S MANAGER RON WASHINGTON AND SHARON ROBINSON ATTENDED THE EVENT. SEE THE FACEBOOK PAGE FOR MORE.
TO CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS CLICK ON firstname.lastname@example.org LOCATED ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THIS PAGE. WE WILL RESPOND BACK BY EMAIL OR TELEPHONE IF YOU PROVIDE YOUR NUMBER.
WHO WAS JOE KASBERGER?
Joe Kasberger was a high school and college baseball pitcher from The Dalles, a town in Oregon, who dedicated over 30 years of his life to high school baseball in the city of Newark. He served as baseball coach at St. Benedict’s Prep in Newark from 1930 to 1968. During his time in Newark, he became known as one of the greatest coaches in New Jersey high school history. His baseball teams once won 64 consecutive games over a four-year period and posted 593(W)-137(L)-3(T) in baseball. Kasberger died in 1969 and was inducted into the Newark Athletic Hall of Fame in 1988. The North Newark Little League is proud of Joe Kasberger and look forward to playing on a re-dedicated Kasberger Field in the Spring of 2010.
Thursday, April 16