Nottingham Little League: Nottingham LL History
The League officially began operations in March 1954, and games were played on a field on what is now the Nottingham Fire Co. parking lot. There were four original teams with about 60 players total. One of the original sponsors, and remaining one until 2009, was Patterson Chevrolet. The following year the League moved to its present location on land that Hamilton Township had acquired from Frederick Sayen, owner of the Mercer Rubber Company located in the brick building seen in the background. Nottingham's first State Championship team is seen in the top photo from an August, 9, 1969 newspaper story. Below is the 1992 team which reached the USA final round at the Little League World Series in Williamsport.