New Longview Sea Stallions: Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct and Volunteer Requirements
Any Member, Parent, Player, Coach, or Spectator participating or attending any meet, practice, or other event affiliated with the New Longview Sea Stallions Swim Team shall abide by the following Code of Conduct.
1. I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all swimmers, coaches, and officials at every meet and practice.
2. I understand that the presence of alcohol on the swim deck nullifies our team's insurance policy; therefore, I will not take any alcohol onto the swim deck. If I am found with alcohol on the swim deck, I understand that I will be required to leave immediately.
3. I will remember the meets and practices are for our youth, not adults.
4. I will require my child to treat other swimmers, coaches, fans, and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability. I will not make insulting comments to swimmers, parents, officials, or coaches.
5. Swim Meets are managed chaos. Younger children often need supervision in between their events. I will take an active role in ensuring that my child does not endanger himself/herself or anyone else.
Swim meets are a volunteer intensive undertaking. We have three home meets and each home meet can take up to 200 man hours to prepare and execute. We need additional volunteers to assist in timing at our three away meets as well. Therefore, every meet in which a swimmer competes, we require that the family provide one volunteer to work at least one half of that meet.