Monroe-Woodbury Little League: Umpire Information
Umpires are needed for 2018 Spring and Fall Season. If you are 13 years or older, passionate about the game of softball/baseball and are looking for some extra income, we would like to see you at our training classes.
What we provide:
1) 4-6 Week Training Class (Once a week in February- March). This class is given by 2 certified instructors, with over 55 years of combined umpire experience.
2) Protective Gear at all the fields.
3) Umpire Shirt, Hat, Indicator, Ball Bag, Plate Brush
What MWLL requires while umpiring:
1) Understanding of the Rules of the Game
2) A positive attitude, Focus and Hustle
3) Good Verbal Communication
4) Quick Thinking
5) Being at the field 15-20 minutes prior to game time
6) Reasonably conditioned, able to run, stand or bend in the field or behind home plate for two to three hours under various weather conditions and temperatures
7) Successful completion and passing our umpire training program
8) Successful completion and passing the volunteer background check
Games are held weeknights beginning at 5:30pm and on Saturday morning or afternoons. Umpires will officiate both Baseball and Softball games.
New Umpire pay starts at $25 per game.
Experienced Umpires - We offer competitive game pay compared to Travel and other Leagues. Pay increases will be based on the amount of games umpired over the Spring and Fall Season and other factors such as reliability, knowledge base and prior experience.
All new umpires are required to officiate a minimum of 8 games in the Spring Season.
Anyone interested please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
Please be sure to include your full name, date of birth, contact information and prior experience (if any) as an umpire. We look forward to hearing from you.