Monroe-Woodbury Little League: Welcome
Monroe-Woodbury Little League
Donations Received: $ 0
This web site is the "OFFICIAL" source of all Monroe-Woodbury Little League Information.
Do not rely on Facebook or any other social media outlets.
Avoid being placed on the wait list!
Registrations are taken on a first come, first serve basis.
Parents are encouraged to register their children as soon as possible to avoid being placed on a wait list and late fees.
Divisions may close at any time due to reaching capacity. Placement depends upon overall enrollment, roster vacancies and available volunteers.
The longer you wait, the less likely your child is to be placed onto a team.
- Players must reside in the Monroe Woodbury School District for program eligibility. A copy of your child's birth certificate and a MW school tax bill or a signed Little Legaue school enrollment form is required for new players.
- All players ages 9 and older must participate each year in a player skills evaluation. Failure to do so may result in your child not being placed on a team.
- Know your child's little league age
Keys to Success!
- Do not over extend your child! The league needs its members to be committed to our program. When players are over committed to other activities, it negatively impacts everyone else participating.
- Please do not register your child unless you are absolutely certain that they can commit to participating in the majority of practices and games.
Additional Important Information!
- The league reserves the right to place players based upon roster availability, division structure, overall program enrollment, and player skills evaluation.
- There is no guarantee that wait listed players can be placed.
- The Spring season runs from April thru June (weather permitting).
- Opening day, field access, rain outs & cancellations are ultimately determined by each town, municipality, parks commission, our school district and Mother nature.
Field Information and Use!
- Game cancellations are announced using the Free Rain Out Service - Instant messages will be sent via text or email directly to your cell phone for changes /cancellations, know if its cancelled before you travel to the field
- MWLL does NOT own any of the fields we use for play. Permits for MWLL have been secured and we are grateful for their use.
- We share their use with other locally permitted leagues (Soccer, Orange County Football, Lacrosse, Pop Warner football, Cross Country, School and Travel teams)
- If a field is closed, then it is NOT to be used at all. Everyone is to stay completely off the field. DO NOT attempt to alter the field in any way to try to remove water or improve the playability. Simply stated, keep off. Not doing so violates the terms of our permit.
- All must understand that using a field outside of our permitted time or that has been closed for any reason is a violation of our agreement with the parks commission, each municipality and the school district. Any unauthorized use may result in our field permits being suspended or revoked.
- The Monroe woodbury school fields are to be used only when the Field Status Flag is GREEN. This flag policy applies to any outside group that has received field use approval from the District. Please note that our school teams may use the fields while the red flag is up. The flag is located above the concession stand on the Athletic Field Complex. The field status is also displayed on our District website.
A Note Regarding Volunteerism!
* Board Member * Coaches * Assistant Coaches * Umpires Picture Day * Trophies * Uniforms * All Stars * Equipment Management * Player Safety * Picnic Day * Fundraising * Division Representative * Liaison to local towns, municipalities, schools, local businesses * Professionals of all kinds willing to apply their expertise
When Board members transition out, it’s helpful to have someone with experience ready to step in to make the change seamless. If you choose not to seek a Board position for the upcoming season, consider apprenticing a current Board member. Learn the ins-and-outs of his or her responsibilities, and volunteer your time to assist wherever needed. Before you know it, it may be your time to step up as a Board member, so learn now. It will make your future volunteering work that much easier.
The success of a league depends on the number of devoted volunteers it has. Everyone in the Little League family, no matter how many years they’ve been a part of their local league, should find a way to volunteer, especially ask new parents. Find the role that interests you the most and that you can commit to, and raise your hand. While you’ll find your volunteer work extremely worthwhile and gratifying, it is the Little Leaguers who will benefit the most.
- Our programs cannot operate efficiently or successfully without volunteers.
- Volunteers are needed beyond team coaches. Many people work behind the scenes to ensure that our league has a successful season.
- You dont need to have children in the program to volunteer.
- One of the reasons we encourage new parents to immediately get involved in their league is because often times, current Board members have kids ready to graduate from the Little League program.
- If you are willing to assist and make the MWLL better, have a connection or skill that the league could benefit, or have ideas you would like to implement please contact us at: email@example.com
This web site is the "OFFICIAL" source of all Monroe-Woodbury Little League Information. Do not rely on Facebook or any other social media outlets.