Moreno Valley Running Club (MVRC): Welcome
Moreno Valley Running Club (MVRC) promotes running as a means of healthy exercise through distance running/sprinting/jumping and Walking. MVRC members are groups of people of all ages and running abilities who enjoy sharing running experiences with each other. MVRC is a running club for all who are just looking to run with a group of runners of all types from elite to beginers and are looking to get in shape for any and all reasons from races to neiborhood walks. MVRC also promotes positive role modeling for todays youth through our youth cross country and track and field Clubs. The athletes start as little as 5yrs old all the way to 17yrs old. Come and join us.
Interested in being part of an official running club here in Moreno Valley? We are looking for runners to join us for a morning run or mid-week run. Please feel free to stop by Vista Heights Middle School at 8:00am Saturday mornings or email me for more information. We encourage inviting friends and family. This is a free running club and no dues are required. T-shirts and running singlets are optional for purchase.
MONDAY- 10AM Canyon
- ELITE/SEMI-PRO: Drills/Wup 1miles/800/4x400/800/5x100m/Cdown 1 mile.
- PROSPECTS/YOUTH: Drills/Easy 15-30min
TUESDAY- 10AM Canyon
- ELITE/SEMI-PRO: Drills/45min 9-12min pace/5x100m
- PROSPECTS/YOUTH: Drills/Easy 15-30min/5x100m
WEDNESDAY- 10AM Canyon
- ELITE/SEMI-PRO: Drills/Wup 1 miles/400/8x200/400/Cdown 1 mile.
- PROSPECTS/YOUTH: Drills/Easy 15-30min
- HAPPY THANKS GIVING
FRIDAY- 10AM Vista Heights
- ELITE/SEMI-PRO: Drills/Wup 1 miles/Time Trial 1600m. Cdown 1 mile.
- PROSPECTS/YOUTH: Drills/ 2 lap wup/Time Trial 800m. Cdown 2 laps. Youth OFF
SATURDAY- 10AM Vista Heights
- ELITE/SEMI-PRO: Long Run
- PROSPECTS/YOUTH: OFF
Monday, October 29
WINTER CAMP WITH MORENO VALLEY RUNNING CLUB
Winter Camp will start right after our 2018 XC season on Monday November 5th, 2018 for all HS athletes. If you would like to be part of this winters off season camp you will have to fill out a registration form.
Requirements are as followed: We will have 3 types of athletes training this off season choose which ever fits your needs.
1) Elite- (Returning XC Runners with good attendance) Elite runners will fill out a registration form but will not be required to pay the camp fee. These are athletes who are commited and have made the commitment to be at practice 6 days a week until May 16, 2019, excluding 2 week break in December or Holidays. These athletes will be excused for 3 main reasons only: Sick and did not attend school, Doctors appointment with doctors notes including time and date, and family emergency(flying out of town, death in the family, and vacations were you dont have a say.)
2) Semi-Pro- Semi-Pro runners will fill out a registration form and are required to pay the camp fee. This are athletes who are partitualy commited and have commitments to other groups or clubs. These athletes are able to comitt 4 to 5 days of practice and are willing to go the extra mile to show up on committed days.
3) Prospects- Prospect runners will fill out a registration form and are required to pay the camp fee. Prospect are not sure if they can or will be commited to the winter camp. These athletes are able to participate 1 to 3 days a week and getting in shape is not a top priority. These athletes like to have fun and enjoy being part of a club. Prospects are usually runners who have a busy schedule and are not ready to commit due to other commitments.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE REGISTRATION FORMS ON THE LEFT TO PRINT A FORM.
UPCOMING YOUTH EVENTS
- Youth Winter Camp Starts November 5th, 2018-3:30pm at Canyon Springs High School Track.
- All Comers Meet Schedule Coming Soon.
- 2019 Youth Track Schedule Coming Soon.
UPCOMING ROAD AND TRACK EVENTS
- There's No PlaceLike Home 5K/10K Riverside UCR December 21st
- San Diego Americas Finest City Half Marathon 10 months away Sunday August 18th 2019
FOLLOW US OR CONTACT US
- Instagram: mvrunningclub
- Twitter: @mvrunningclub
- Remind: JOIN Send to 81010, then Text this message @df8843