Montville Youth Football League: Welcome
MYFL Mission Statement
The mission of Montville Youth Football League (MYFL) is to provide an organized, educational football and cheerleading program for youth in kindergarten through 8th grade from the towns of MONTVILLE, BOZRAH, COLCHESTER & SALEM. We offer equal opportunity for our athletes to learn fundamental skills including sportsmanship, integrity and teamwork. It is our responsibility to provide a competitive yet safe environment to foster our youth's appreciation of the game and develop life skills that extend beyond the sports of football and cheer.
- All players and cheerleaders, both returning and new, will be afforded the same opportunities to practice, learn and develop their skills in a constructive, safe environment.
- Our players and cheerleaders will develop mental and physical abilities through a commitment to structured practices.
- We will strive to serve as many children as possible and ensure that our athletes have fun whether winning or losing by creating an environment that is positive, honest and educational.
- The MYFL will seek to provide opportunities for our athletes to positively expand their life experiences.
- The MYFL will give back to our communities and model fairness, service and selflessness as values essential for our children to learn.
- Our primary focus is the welfare and enjoyment of our youth. Adult ambitions will be subordinate when determining what is in the best interest of our athletes.
- The MYFL, as an organization, is open to input from both parents and the community and we welcome positive-minded volunteers to participate in coaching, meetings, events and activities.
- We believe in the consistent enforcement of stated rules for safety and fairness to all our athletes and will quickly and reasonably address all infractions to those rules.
- The MYFL will strive to teach. Our volunteers must be committed to teaching skills that will impact our athletes' lives both on and off the field.
- We will demonstrate leadership throughout and ensure that the success of our organization is started from within.
PASSION - RESPECT - INTEGRITY - DRIVE - EXCELLENCE
We expect our children to play hard, learn well and respect all. We want our children to be successful in the classroom, in our community and on the playing field. Youth sports lay the foundation for our children to learn teamwork, leadership, sportsmanship and how a little hard work will achieve success. One of our intentions is to help mold the young men and women who will become leaders on and off the field.
Each year, one player and cheerleader from each division will be selected for the MYFL P.R.I.D.E. Award. The P.R.I.D.E. Award recipiant will demonstrate the MYFL's core values of PASSION, RESPECT, INTEGRITY, DRIVE AND EXCELLENCE and will be a leader on the field, in the classroom and in the community.
Friday, June 21