Monroe Soccer Association: Welcome
MONROE SOCCER NO LONGER USES THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE GO TO WWW.MONROESOCCER.NET
|Like us on Face Book! 724553|
Weather Update -
Rainout # - 513-298-1877 extension 3 for Rain out status, general information, or to leave a message at extension 4.
Soccer IS played in the rain.
Soccer IS played in the rain on already saturated fields.
Soccer IS NOT played in lightning. (see lightning below)
If your traveling, don't assume it is raining in the place you're going.
- Your coach should call you at least 1 hour in advance if the game is cancelled.
- If no call from the coach, call/text/email the coach.
- If can't get a hold of the coach, call the assistant coach.
- Last resort call Soccer Hotline at 298-1877 extension 3. This is a single line and if too many call everyone will get a busy signal.
- If you haven't heard from anybody, go to the field!!
- Coaches cannot cancel games. Only the Monroe Soccer Board, field coordinator or a referee can cancel games.
- If you have not been notified of the game being cancelled, please show up on time.
- We will wait up to ½ an hour or more to play scheduled games.
- If the game is cancelled, call players minimum 1 hour before game.
- If opposing team is traveling to Monroe you may need to contact them, but only if asked to do so.
- Coaches cannot reschedule games, you will be contacted by a Monroe Soccer Board member.
During game (straight from SAY rulebook)
2. In the event of a storm, play must be stopped and suspended until the danger has passed using the following minimum criteria:
2a. A 30-second or less time between the sighting of a lighting flash to the hearing of the associated thunder shall be reason to stop and suspend a game, and
2b. play shall not be resumed prior to 30-minutes after the last sighting of lightning or the last sound of thunder heard.