Marina Vikings Girls Volleyball: Announcements
For the Parents of Players who have been selected for the 2018 Varsity, JV, Frosh/Soph or Frosh Girl's Volleyball squads, there will be an information meeting on Friday, August 10th from 6:30pm to 8pm in the Marina Cafeteria.
Come out to meet this year's Coaching Staff and Booster Club board members. There will be Handouts and Forms that will help guide you through this year's Volleyball Season. You will learn about:
- Player Commitment Fees
- Trainer and Bus Transportation fees
- Physicals and Concussion clearances
- Pre-season games and tournaments
- Practices schedules and class registration for after school sports
- Team bonding events
- Fundraising Opportunities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Other Special Events including the End of the Season Banquet
Handout: 2018 Parent Meeting Handouts
Wednesday, August 8
Dining Night Fundraiser at Chronic Tacos (All Day!)
Join us on this Wednesday August 8th, “ALL DAY” at Chronic Tacos in the Bella Terra Shopping Center and order your favorite Mexican food, while raising money for a great cause! Bring the flyer found in our handouts section, and order food all day and Chronic Tacos will donate 20% of net sales to Marina High Girls Volleyball! Come for breakfast (breakfast burritos for the office or school), or lunch (invite the whole office) and/or dinner and then bring some food home for the rest of the family!
Make Sure Your Contract Info is Current
Please make sure the boosters have your current email address and phone numbers. We will be emailing information as needed throughout the season. If you do not have accesss to email, make sure your Team Parent coordinator has a way to reach you and can provide needed information.
2018-2019 Athletic Clearance
Ahead of the start of the 2018 Volleyball Season, you can already start the Clearance process for you Student Athlete.
In order to participate in the Practices, and Pre-season and in season Practices, Matches and Tournament, your student athlete must go through the Athletic Clearance process which includes several steps. Please note that Clearance are NOT required for Summer Camp participation.
1. Get a Physical dated no earlier than June 1st of this year. The Physical packet is available for download in our handouts section. Most returning players have already completed this step.
2. Perform the on-line clearance process at www.athleticclearance.com. You will need to login or create an account to start. Select 2018/2019 Season, Marina and Girl's Volleyball. You will need to complete all sections. When complete, you can print the On-line Clearance Process Confirmation for Parent Signature.
3. Perform ImPACT testing (Aug 8, 9am, Aug 10, 12 noon, or by appointment)
4. Have proof of medical insurance.
5. Go through the Fall Sports Clearance Process to be held at Marina on August 9th at 1:45pm, room 301.
For more information, contact email@example.com or visit the Athletic Trainer page link from marinavikings.org.
Handout: Marina Sport Physical Packet and Online Clearance Form