Manheim Central Little League : Parent & Volunteer Requirements
Parent Roles & Volunteer RequirementsWhy Should Parents Volunteer In The Manheim Central Little League?
Manheim Central Little League is an all-volunteer organization. Without the help of parents and volunteers, there is NO Manheim Central Little League.
What Am I Expected To Do As A Parent?
All parents are expected to:
- Sign up to be a team volunteer (field duties, press box duties, etc.).
- Participate in all MCLL fundraising activities (fundraisers keep our costs low).
- Help prep and clean up fields before and after practices and games.
- Arrange for your child to be at every practice and game on time.
- Make sure your child has a safe way to and from practices and games.
- Come to all your child's games and practices to show your support.
- Volunteer to help the manager and team parent.
- Stay informed of all schedule changes from the manager, coaches or team parent
- Visit the MCLL website routinely for updated news
- Set an example by demonstrating good sportsmanship at games by:
- cheering for your child's team and encouraging all players
- not criticizing or "heckling" the opposing teams' coaches or players-this is forbidden
- not criticizing an umpires call; this is unproductive and sets a bad example for our players. If you are knowledgeable enough about the game of baseball to criticize the umpire, we have an umpire position for you. Remember umpires have a better view of balls and strikes and safe and out than you do from the bleachers or dugout. One "bad" call usually does not determine the outcome of the entire game.
What Can I Volunteer For In The Manheim Central Little League?
The MCLL is always looking for dedicated volunteers to help out with your program. You can volunteer as a manager, coach or team parent. You can join the field maintenance team. You can become a league official. You can assist with Opening Day, Fundraisers or Picture Day. You can help with registration and delivering flyers to local schools. If you have any medical background or work in a medical field, we can use you to help update our safety plan. If you have computer or information technology knowledge to include website design, we can use you. If you know lawn care or landscaping, we can use you. If you have any kind of construction background, we have projects just for you. If your good with numbers or have a financial background, you can help with fundraisers, budget planning and audits. If you can help with team sponsors, we can use you. If your good with scheduling, you can help with scheduling practices and games. If you have knowledge in engines or small engine repair, we can use your help. You can help with equipment handout and turn in. You can volunteer to chair or be on a MCLL committee, we have openings available for you. If you have any special skills or talent that can help the league, we can use you. If you can drive a vehicle and know how to run errands, we can use you. If you have any good ideas, we can use you. If you have any comments, opinions or suggestions that can improve the MCLL, we can use you.
Let us know how you want to volunteer in your league and we can use you. Remember, no volunteer contribution is too small. We appreciate all volunteers.
Are There Any Volunteer Requirements?
Yes, all volunteers must undergo background checks.
Why Are Background Checks Necessary?
The MCLL takes the safety of all of our players seriously and every child's safety will not be compromised. All Little league programs nationwide are required to conduct annual background checks of all managers, coaches, team parents, board directors. Any volunteer or hired worker that provides regular service to the MCLL or has repetitive access to or contact with any MCLL players or teams is subject to background checks.
Background checks are performed to protect our children by providing a safe and secure environment for all of our MCLL players. Therefore, failure to submit a completed volunteer application form to the MCLL by all parties required to will result in said person being barred from participation in the MCLL.
Volunteer application forms can be downloaded from the MCLL website or Little League International website. The MCLL requires that along with a completed volunteer application form, a photocopy of your drivers license be submitted to assure correct identification. (social security numbers are required, NOT just last four digits). Remember, it's your child's safety we are protecting.
Volunteer application forms are to be turned in to the MCLL Safety Officer or League President. All information received by the MCLL is considered confidential and will not be shared with ANY third party. Should you have questions regarding this requirement, please contact the League Safety Officer.