Lyons Water Polo: Junior Olympic Teams
2019 Junior Olympics Try-Outs
The goal of the Lyons Aquatics Water Polo Club Junior Olympic (JO) group is to provide a highly competitive training environment for our athletes to participate at the highest possible level while striving for the best finish attainable in the JO Tournament in California. We will be selecting the top 10-12 athletes per age group. If enough athletes try-out, we will consider taking out multiple teams per age group.
On-line registration for try-outs (new players) & confirmation of returning players: Will be available soon!
The Coaching Staff will utilize drills, one-on-one skills, team development skills, and scrimmages to evaluate the athletes. The Coaching Staff will be evaluating each athlete and make the final selections for the teams.
- Mastery: How well do you understanding "LYONS" system of play?
- Team Chemistry: How do you fit into the team you are trying out for? Do you have the ability to adapt your game to fill in where the team needs you?
- Attitude: Are you willing to sacrifice for the team for success vs. individual success?
- Commitment: Do you regularly attend trainings?
- Communication: It is the responsibility of the athlete, not the parent, to communicate with the coaches regarding playtime, missed workouts, expectations and future opportunities.
- Performance: How do you perform at trainings? Are you challenging yourself and your teammates?
- 18u Boys Sunday, February 23rd 7-8 pm
- 18u Girls Sunday, February 23rd 7-8 pm
- 16u Boys Sunday, February 23rd 7-8 pm
- 16u Girls Sunday, February 23rd 7-8 pm
- 14u Boys Sunday, February 23rd 7-8 pm
- 14u Girls Sunday, February 23rd 7-8 pm
Each athlete will be notified via e-mail whether they have been selected for their respective team by the end of November. Each selected athlete will then need to complete the following by March 1st in order to confirm their commitment to participate:
- Register and pay for the JO summer sessions.
- On-line registration with USAWP – Gold Membership (with Lyons Water Polo #1265)
- Make the initial non-refundable JO Team Fee deposit ($100) with the club.
The cost to attend the JO tournaments is being estimated at approximately $1300-1500 – this includes coaching expenses, a team suit & gear, ground transportation, airfare, lodging, meals, and drinks during the games.
- A second deposit will be due at the start of the summer season.
- Balance will be due at the conclusion of the tournament.
TOURNAMENT AND TRAINING/PRACTICE REQUIREMENTS:
Participation in the following Tournaments are required:
- USAWP Midwest Zone Jr. Olympic Qualifier June 14th to the 16th Location TBD.
- Illinois Summer League games during the week
- Great Lakes Tournament, Ann Arbor, MI. June 28th to the 30th.
Training/Practice participation expectations:
- Practice times during the summer
- Girls practice 6-8 pm, Monday through Thursday
- Boys practice 7-9 pm, Monday through Thursday
- Average of 3 out of 4 practices per week
- If you have any questions or concerns please contact our head coach- email@example.com
JUNIOR OLYMPIC TOURNAMENT INFORMATION:
Where: Orange County, CA
- Boys- Session 1: July 20-23rd, 2019
- Girls- Session 2: July 25-28th , 2019