Lyndon Area Youth Soccer: Welcome
- We still urgently need volunteers for the committee to run this youth soccer program in 2017. LAYS has a great tradition in the NEK, but has had reducing numbers of volunteers willing to run things over the last few years. There are currently just a handful of volunteers, but some will leave this year. Please contact LAYS at our email address or Facebook if you can help! No volunteers, no program!!
- Registration for all evebnts will be opening in May.
- LAYS is still hoping to run its annual soccer program in September and October for all kids in the North East Kingdom from Pre-K to 6th Grade. Lyndon Town School runs the 7th and 8th Grade program LAYS cannot help with registration for this but information on the LTS program is available at their website:
- The LAYS 2017 fall soccer season will consist of nightly mid-week practices at LTS field and several home/away games. Pre-season (3rd-8th grades) runs on August 22nd/24th/29th/31st at 530PM. In the main season, which will start after Labor Day, expect your child to be playing 2 or 3 times per week (typically mid-week practice late afternoon/early evening with Saturday games) . Exact times and final schedules will be promulgated by coaches by season start. 3rd/4th grade will be gender-based or Co-ed skills teams. 5th/6th will be gender-based and split into ability-based teams based on skill level. See rationale by following the "Mission Statement" link on the Left Hand menu. LAYS provides the shirts, you provide shorts, sox, cleats, shin guards and mouth guards.
- LAYS Pre-K to 2nd grade Saturday Skills runs each Saturday from 9AM to 10AM at LTS field starting Saturday 2nd September and running for 6 weeks total. Registration includes a soccer ball and T-Shirt. Play in comfortable clothes and shoes. Child must be 3 years on or before 1 September 2017.
-If you wish to be added to LAYS email newslist to receive information, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
-Alternatively, become our friend on Facebook:
Handout: 2016 Downloads (Forms/Info etc.)