Long Beach/Lido Little League: LBLL News and Info
D30 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME WEDNESDAY JUNE 10 - GO BEACH!!!
Saturday, May 24
PLEASE THANK AND SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
Saturday, June 6
Summer Baseball and Softball Camps!
Indoor and Outdoor Summer
Baseball and Softball Training Camps
Starting July 6!
Weekdays 9am to 2pm
$40 per day OR $175 for 5 days OR $325 for 10 days
Special Guest Instructors:
Former Yankee Allen Watson Former Dodger Greg Downing
Launch Hitting Academy L.I. Thunder Softball
Kellenberg High School Coach DeniseTretola
Long Island Turf Field at Mad Dog Fitness is offering an affordable sports camp option for your kids this summer. Athletes will spend each morning at our Indoor facility with top-notch hitting/pitching trainers and then spend the afternoon Outdoors learning the game by playing the game on the field at Oceanside Park.
Please return this form with the information below to Long Island Turf Field at Mad Dog Fitness in order to secure your child’s enrollment in this summer baseball/softball training camp. Space is limited.
Child’s Name: _____________________________________ Number of Days & Dates: ___________________Email Address: ____________________________________ __ Phone Number: ________________________
On June 30, 2012, Long Beach Little League once again celebrated their season by attending a Brooklyn Cyclones game. Over 400 people enjoyed the Cyclones, hot dogs, autographs, and fireworks on this beautiful evening. Our players were able to take the field with the Cyclones during the National Anthem, and our own Connor McGloughlin threw out the ceremonial first pitch.
2013 Little League Season Announcement
|view full size|
The 2013 Little League season is approaching and yes, there will be baseball and softball this spring! This season will present many challenges as our community rebuilds and reorganizes after Super-storm Sandy. Our league suffered significant equipment and supply losses in the storm, and we expect to encounter additional hurdles along the way. Our losses include field maintenance tractors, field equipment, equipment shed, pitching machines, balls, uniforms, catcher’s equipment and batting helmets. While we did not experience total loses, this will have a significant impact. Our enrollment may be down this year as some have not returned to Long Beach, and our sponsors, like so many of us, are suffering at this time. Sponsorship provides a large part of the league budget, and losing them will have a direct impact. And lastly, our board of directors, our coaches, and all our volunteers are still dealing with the after effects of the storm, which reduces the amount of time they can give to our league.
The board is currently preparing for the upcoming season and making preparations to deal with the above mentioned issues. We plan to offer a complete baseball / softball season in all our regular divisions. If enrollment is down in a division, there will be fewer teams. In these cases, Long Beach teams will play each other and also play teams from neighboring towns to keep it interesting. We are attempting to preserve many of your favorite Little League activities as well, but at this time we can not guarantee them all. With less sponsors, lower enrollment, and physical losses, cuts will be necessary in some areas. Uniforms will be simpler; possibly just T-shirts with “Long Beach LL” on the jersey, and the baseball hats may not have Major League logos. We are also unsure of our ability to hold the annual parade and carnival, and we may have to cut or reduce our clinics, trophies, coach’s shirts, and end of season parties and events.
It is our hope to provide as much of the above as possible during this rebuilding year, but we will need many helping hands to get it done. The Long Beach Little League serves just over 900 kids each season. It takes an enormous amount of work and effort to run a program serving so many children and families. The Long Beach Little League is committed to a strong return in 2013, but we must ask for your help. We have always been an organization run entirely by volunteers, and this year will require many new and old hands to come together for our kids and our program. The work load is larger than ever this year. Bringing baseball and softball back this spring will help our community rebuild and return some normalcy to our lives. Please offer to volunteer in any capacity.
How can you help?
- The most important thing you can do right now is register your children! Registration is done on-line. It is quick and easy. Just log onto http://www.sportssignup.com/Long-Beach-Lido-Little-League-Online-Registration.start and follow the directions. Registration is open to all who want to play ball this year. Contact us if you need special assistance when registering or leave us a message when completing your registration.
- We recognize that some people may not have access to email and computers at this time, so we will hold two walk up registrations as well. At these registrations you will be able to complete a registration form and pay by check or cash. If you need special assistance, let us know. If you need to register in person you can do so on:
· Wednesday February 13, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM at the Exempt Firemen’s Hall at 125 West Park Ave. (next the Long Beach Public Library, to the left)
· Saturday February 16, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM at the Long Beach Ice Arena
- Help secure sponsors. If you have sponsored before, and can repeat in 2013, please do so as soon as possible. If you know any business or person who can sponsor a team this year, please reach out and ask for their sponsorship. Team sponsorship is $350. We will also accept donations of any amount in the event a full sponsorship is out of reach. Please download our sponsor application at http://www.eteamz.com/longbeachlidobeachlittleleague/. Click on the “handouts” button on the left side and download the sponsor application.
- Offer to help. The list of needs and sub committees is too large to share in this message. Look for an upcoming meeting announcement where we will be soliciting your help. We need to start now, and we need to move quickly.
Little League Board of Directors
Long Beach/Lido Beach Little League, 218 E. Park Ave., Box 654, Long Beach, NY 11561
Tuesday, May 6
Brooklyn Cyclones Ticket Sales - Click Here