Knightdale Knights: Parent Info
Welcome to the Knightdale Knights family!
Here are a few things you should know...
- Flag football is $60 - no discounts
- Mascot cheer is $55 - no discounts available
- Tackle football is $150
- Cheerleading is $125.
- Family discount for tackle football or cheerleading - $15 discount per additional child
- Fees include:
for tackle football - 2 uniforms (1 game, 1 practice), pads, and helmet
for cheerleading - uniform skirt and vest
for mascot cheer - skort and cheer shirt
- You provide (details will be given by coaches or team moms)
for tackle football - cleats, mouthpieces, and team undershirt (optional)
for cheerleading - shoes, team windsuit (optional), and team spirit pack (includes crop top, bloomers, hairbow, socks)
for mascot cheer - shoes and socks
- Flag Football-No weight limit-Age 5 & 6
- Mini mites-105 lbs (10 lb overweight Allowance) -Ages 6,7 & 8 (Coach Marcus Yulfo - 919-302-1593)
- Mighty Mites-125 lbs.(20 lb overweight allowance) -Ages 9 & 10 (Coach Ed McDoe Sr)
- Peewees-150 lbs. (25 lb overweight allowance)-Ages 11 & 12 (Coach G Tarver - 919-625-8905)
*Players that don't make weight move up to the next age level or don't play until they make weight
- Practices begin in August and run on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights throughout the season
- Games begin in September and are played on every Saturday (mornings for flag players, afternoons/evenings for tackle players)
- Away games are played on fields throughout the East Wake Football League and may be as far away as Durham or Oxford but also may be as close as Wendell or Riley Hill
- Home games are staffed entirely by parent volunteers - each family is required to volunteer at least 1 person for 1 shift per season on either admission gates, chain crew, or concessions (you will not be asked to volunteer during your child's game)
- Regular season games end at the end of October and the post-season continues until the Super Bowl (which is held on the weekend before Thanksgiving) or until your team is eliminated
- Cheerleading competition is usually held on the second weekend of November
The Knightdale Knights teach and expect excellence both on and off the field in the following areas:
- Sportsmanship (in both players and families)
- Respect (both for ourselves and others)
We teach football, cheer, and life skills. We work hard, play hard, and have fun.
We are the Knightdale Knights.