Kingsway Junior Wrestling: News
Kingsway Junior Wrestling Completes Another Successful 2015-2016 Season
Kingsway Junior Wrestling recently completed another successful season. The organization, consisting of 153 local wrestlers from K-8 grades, established itself as the best program in all of South Jersey in 2015-2016 through the following accomplishments:
• Tri-County Middle School Team Champions: Our middle school team defeated Pennsville 64-25 in the championship to repeat as league champions. Overall the team went 10-0 on the season with decisive wins over top wrestling programs including Delsea, Clearview, Buena and West Deptford. Congratulations to Brendan Callahan, Joey Miranda, Josh Palmucci, Lance Crawford, Trey McLeer, Dakota Morris, DJ Dipietro, Anthony Lucian, Zach Sladek, Seamus Calhoun, Cheney Kinner, Finn McFadden, Jake Gentile, John Sambogna, Derek Coleman, Shawn Williams, Victor Coleman, Kevin Pandorf, Noah Falabella, Chris Mollo and Sean Horner for their contributions throughout the season.
• South Jersey Wrestling League Dual Team Champions: Our K-8 dual team captured the title in the very competitive 16 team South Jersey Wrestling League. The team defeated Marlton in the semi-finals 63-32 and edged Highland in the finals 45-39 to claim our second SJWL championship in the last 4 years. Overall the team was 8-0 on the season. Congratulations to the following wrestlers: Dominic Lucian, Chase Atkinson, Danny McCullough, Logan Taylor, Cam Greco, Sean Kirwin, Brendan Callahan, Nathan Taylor, Joey Miranda, Trent Layton, Tristan McLeer, Trey McLeer, Dakota Morris, DJ Dipietro, Anthony Lucian, Seamus Calhoun, Zach Sladek, Cheney Kinner, Finn McFadden, Jake Gentile, John Sambogna, Derek Coleman, Shawn Williams, Victor Coleman, Mike Misita, Noah Falabella and Sean Horner.
• Gettysburg Duals K-6 Team Champions: Our K-6 dual team defeated Siglerville, PA 54-36 in the finals to win the Gettysburg K-6 dual tournament. The 12 team tournament featured many top programs from across Pennsylvania and required a total team effort.
• Woodstown Duals K-6 Team Champions: Our K-6 dual team defeated Pitman, Paulsboro and Vineland in pool matches and Delsea in the finals to capture the Woodstown Duals K-6 team championships.
• Mountaineer Duals K-6 Team Runner-ups: Our K-6 team defeated Buxton, Apex and West Orange in pool matches and lost to Team Hammer 35-31 in the championship to take 2nd in the Mountaineer Duals.
• Individual Accomplishments: Congratulations to the following wrestlers for winning individual championship in their respective divisions:
o Tri-County Middle School: Noah Falabella, Sean Horner
o SJWL Varsity: Nathan Taylor
o SJWL Tot Division: Colin Glenn, Evan Villecco, Mason Hedrick, Gavin Wiggins
o SJWL Bantam Division: Carter Greco, Ryan Glenn, Joey Leone, Roman Villecco
o SJWL Midget Division: Ben Dryden
o SJWL Junior Division: Cam Evans, Dylan Tapp, Lance Crawford, Bryce Goodman
Congratulations to all of our Dragon wrestlers! Kingsway Junior Wrestling will ramp up again next fall and is always looking for new wrestlers to join its ranks. Wrestlers are taught not just how to wrestle but also to develop discipline, personal responsibility and self-confidence. For more information please see our website http://www.eteamz.com/kingswayjuniorwrestling/ or check us out on Facebook under Kingsway Junior Wrestling.
Wednesday, September 9
Kingsway Junior Wrestling Fall Clinic Featuring Rutgers University
Please hold the date. Rutgers Wrestling's Scott Goodale, Donny Pritzlaff and Anthony Ashnault are coming to Kingsway for a one night clinic on October 7th. For more information and to register please visit http://www.eteamz.com/kingswayjuniorwrestling/news/index.cfm?cat=936336
Sunday, February 22
Kingsway Junior Wrestling Completes Another Successful Season
Kingsway Junior Wrestling recently completed another successful season. The organization, consisting of 137 local wrestlers from K-8 grades, continues to be one of the most competitive junior wrestling programs in all of South Jersey. This is evidenced by the following accomplishments:
- Tri-County Middle School Team Champions: Our middle school team defeated Woodstown 47-27 in the semi-finals and Pennsville 46-36 in the championship to claim the Tri-County team title. The Pennsville match took a total team effort to avenge a regular season loss. Overall the team went 8-1 on the season. Congratulations to Josh Palmucci, Lance Crawford, Trey Mcleer, Aiden Jackson, Zach Sladek, John Sambogna, Jake Gentile, Finn McFadden, Cheney Kinner, Derek Coleman, Shawn Williams, Jake Ritchie, Victor Coleman, Noah Falabella, Kevin Pandorf, Chris Mollo, Sean Horner and Scott Soloman for their contributions throughout the season. With only one 8th grader and many strong wrestlers moving up to the middle school team we are poised for another great season next year.
- South Jersey Wrestling League Dual Team 3rd Place: Our K-8 dual team finished 3rd place in the very competitive 14 team South Jersey Wrestling League. Overall the team was 10-5 on the season including wins over Clearview, Marlton, Eastern, Washington Township and Haddonfield.
- Woodstown Duals K-6 Team Champions: Our K-6 dual team defeated Pitman, Delsea, Vineland in pool matches and Pennsville 56-13 in the finals to capture the Woodstown Duals K-6 team championships. Congrats to our younger wrestlers for a great job against the best local competition.
- Individual Champs: Congratulations to the following wrestlers for winning individual championship in their respective divisions:
- Tri-County Middle School: Jake Gentile, Finn McFadden, Shawn Williams
- SJWL Varsity: Brendan Callahan, Jake Gentile
- SJWL Tot Division: Ashton Ford, Ben Josephick, Gavin Wiggins, Luke Zeno
- SJWL Bantam Division: Dominic Lucian, Leo Silva, Sean Kirwin, Joey Leone, Ty Mcleer
- SJWL Midget Division: Dylan Tapp, Nathan Bradley
- SJWL Junior Division: Seamus Calhoun
Congratulations to all of our Dragon wrestlers!
Kingsway Junior Wrestling will ramp up again next fall and is always looking for new wrestlers to join its ranks. Wrestlers are taught not just how to wrestle but also to develop discipline, personal responsibility and self confidence. For more information please see our website http://www.eteamz.com/kingswayjuniorwrestling/ or check us out on Facebook under Kingsway Junior Wrestling.
Wednesday, October 22
Kingsway Junior Wrestling Releases it's SJWL schedule for 2014-2015
- Saturday, Dec 20, 2014: Kingsway @ Rancocas Valley
- Sunday, Jan 4, 2015: Clearview and Haddonfield @ Kingsway
- Sunday, Jan 11, 2015: Highland and Shawnee @ Kingsway
- Saturday, Jan 17, 2015: Kingsway and Deptford @ Eastern
- Saturday, Jan 24, 2015: Kingsway and Collingswood @ Wash Township
- Saturday, Jan 31, 2015: Kingsway and Marlton @ Gloucester City
- Date TBD (Date is Tentative): Tot Tournament
- Sunday, Feb 8, 2015: Varsity Individual Tournament (weigh-ins and seeding meeting Feb 7)
- Sunday, Feb 15, 2015: JV Individual Tournament (Bantams, Midgets and Juniors)
- Sunday, Feb 22, 2015: Dual Meet Championship (Top 8 teams)
- Sunday, Feb 22, 2015: Dual Meet Consolations (Bottom 5 teams)
- Tuesday, Feb 25, 2015: All-Star Meet
Saturday, September 20
21st Annual Kingsway Junior Wrestling Tournament Scheduled for December 21st, 2014
The 21st Annual Kingsway Junior Wrestling Tournament is scheduled for Sunday, December 21st. Please join us for a great day of wrestling. This year's tournament is presented by Rothman Institute. Thank you to all of our sponsors.
Sunday, February 23
Kingsway Junior Wrestling Takes 2nd in the 2013-2014 SJWL Dual Championship
Great effort from the Kingsway wrestlers in the SJWL dual championship taking 2nd place and finishing the season 12-2. The team beat RV Inspire 78-9 in the first round, then advanced against Highland in an exciting semi-final match 47-46. Unfortunately we came up short against Shawnee 53-39.
We are proud of the boys for wrestling hard and like a team all day. We could all learn a lot from their heart and determination. This also closed out the Kingsway Junior Wrestling schedule. We will be in touch soon with end of the year and off season information. Go Dragons!
Monday, February 25
Kingsway Wins the 2012-2013 SJWL Championship
Kingsway Junior Wrestling captured the SJWL Championship on Sunday, February 24 with hard fought victories over West Deptford (78-16), Washington Township (59-29) and Shawnee (64-37). Congratulations to all of our wrestlers, coaches and parents for their dedication and commitment to making this a season to remember.
Monday, February 25
SJWL Individual Championship Results from February 16-17
Congratulations to everyone who participated in the SJWL tournaments this past weekend. It was great to see Kingsway Junior Wrestling represented so well across all levels. The full and impressive results are below by division.
1st Place: Finn McFadden, Quinn Kinner, Atlee Cullison, Trace Kinner, Brian Maiden, George Worthy, John Dormann, Josh Bailey
2nd Place: Tyler Soloman, Darius Scott
3rd Place: Brendan Callahan
1st Place: Doug Glenn
2nd Place: John Scandlin
3rd Place: Chase Ruiz, Nick Della Vecchia
1st Place: Ian Ellis, Seamus Calhoun, Shawn Williams, Sean Horner
2nd Place: Josh Palmucci, John Sambogna, Wyatt Winter
3rd Place: Sly Van Morter
1st Place: Angelo Dipol, Jack Sambogna, DJ Dipietro, Dakota Morris, Luke Cuthbert, Kamron Bailey-Clarke
2nd Place: Joe Tirpak, Dylan Tapp,
3rd Place: Andrew Markizon, Ian Bucs
2nd Place: Leo Silva, Ben Dryden, Mason Bailey
Thursday, October 25
The 19th Annual Kingsway Junior Wrestling Tournament Scheduled for December 16th
The 19th Annual Kingsway Junior Wrestling Tournament will be held Sunday, December 16th. Please see our 'Tournament' tab http://www.eteamz.com/kingswayjuniorwrestling/news/index.cfm?cat=786910 on our website for more information.
Sunday, September 16
Kingsway Junior Wrestling Announces Exciting Changes for the Upcoming 2012-2013 Season
- Kingsway Junior Wrestling joins the South Jersey Wrestling League: Our organization has decided to move to the SJWL which includes perennial wrestling powers including Paulsboro, Timber Creek and Eastern as well as local rivals such as Clearview and Washington Township. The league offers both dual team and exhibition formats. The dual team will offer our wrestlers a chance to compete in a team environment where a team score will be kept. The exhibition format will be similar to what we had in the Tri-County league where wrestlers are matched up based on weight and skill level. More details will be available around the creation of the dual team and the new league shortly.
- Kingsway Junior Wrestling regains control of the Kingsway Middle School program: The middle school program will again be under the control of Kingsway Junior Wrestling. This will allow for much more flexibility for our middle school wrestlers. It will also create an opportunity for middle school wrestlers from all Kingsway sending districts to wrestle together which was not possible last year due limitations put in place by the local school districts.
The registration fee for all wrestlers this season will again be $90. Online registration (http://www.active.com/more-sports-league/clarksboro-nj/kingsway-junior-wrestling---season-online-registration-2012) is now open and we have announced two of our in-person registration dates. All of the registration information is available on our website.
Thursday, December 22
1st Annual 'All 4 One' Beef and Beer
Tickets will go on sale next week for our first annual beef and beer. It is scheduled for 7pm on January 27th at St. Michael's in Gibbstown. There will be a Chinese Auction, Door Prizes and live music by Merkin Pie.
Please see your team mom for tickets or contact us at email@example.com.
All proceeds will go toward Kingsway wrestling.
Monday, December 19
Team Store Order Pick Up
The team store orders will be in this week. You can pick your order up on the following dates:
- Tots: Wednesday, December 21st at the wrestling building
- Bantams: Thursday, December 22nd at the high school wrestling room
- Midgets/Juniors: Thursday, December 22nd at the wrestling building
Friday, December 16
Kingsway Team Store has Re-Opened
The Kingsway Team Store is now open again and will close on January 8, 2012. More information on the orders placed earlier this month will be coming shortly.
Sunday, December 4
Team Store and Weight Certs
Just a reminder that this is the final day to get your team store orders in if you want the items for Christmas. The store will re-open but we will not print again until January.
Also, please check your e-mail for league weight certification information and singlet distribution (for those doing the Kingsway Tournament) for Tuesday night.
Any questions please let us know.
Wednesday, November 30
Satellite weigh-in locations announced for the Kingsway Tournament
The 18th annual Kingsway wrestling tournament is quickly approaching. We will be holding satellite weigh-ins at the following times and locations. All are open to the public. Pre-registered and walk-ins welcomed:
LOCATION 1: Church Farm School: Monday, December 5th 6-9PM
1001 East Lincoln Highway Exton, PA 19341
LOCATION 2: Intensity Wrestling Academy: Wednesday, December 7th 6-8PM
1460 Grandview Ave West Deptford, NJ 08086
LOCATION 3: Phoenix Wrestling Club: Thursday, December 8th 6-8PM
Deptford Rec Center 52 Montague Lane Deptford, NJ 08096
LOCATION 4: Wrecking Crew Wrestling Club: Thursday, December 8th 6:45-8PM
721 Main Street Lumberton, NJ
LOCATION 5: Vineland Wrestling Club: Thursday, December 8th 6:30-8PM
Vineland High School South Campus (11/12 Building) Wrestling Room2880 E Chestnut Avenue Vineland, NJ
Tuesday, November 22
The Wrestling Season Starts Next Week
Practices start next week and we are looking forward to a great season of wrestling. Here is some information that will be helpful.
Practice times and locations are posted here http://www.eteamz.com/kingswayjuniorwrestling/news/index.cfm?cat=786907. Please make sure your wrestler is equipped with wrestling shoes, headgear and a water bottle. Please have them wear non-baggy shorts/sweats and a t-shirt. Also, proper attention to skin care is a must in wrestling. Be sure to protect your wrestler and others by giving them a soapy shower immediately after practice and matches. If you notice a rash or other skin ailment please consult your doctor and inform a coach immediately.
We have published our schedule for the year here http://www.eteamz.com/kingswayjuniorwrestling/news/index.cfm?cat=786905. If you are new to wrestling you will notice that we have a mix of team matches and tournaments listed. We would like to see every wrestler at all of our team matches. However tournaments are optional. If you have any questions on this please ask your coach, team mom or send us an e-mail.
We have also launched the Kingsway Team Store https://tuosystems.com/stores/31670-kingsway-team-store where you can purchase gear for your wrestler. This store will close on December 4 for the first print cycle. This will enable us to have the gear in time for X-mas. If you are wondering what to buy for your wrestler, we are recommending 'Wrestling Package 1'. Samples will be available the first week of practice if you want to check sizes.
We will also be collecting birth certificates and signed forms. Forms can be found here http://www.eteamz.com/kingswayjuniorwrestling/handouts/. We will need the Policies and Procedures, Code of Conduct and Waiver completed and signed.
Your team mom will be following up on all of these during the first week of practice. However if you ever have any questions please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Sunday, October 23
Sponsorship Program Update - Thanks to those organizations who have sponsored us to date
We are excited to announce and thank the following partners as part of our new sponsorship program. Please support these businesses and organizations as they have made an investment in our club and children. A link to each can be found on the 'Sponsor' tab on our website.
- Action In Motion Photography, South Harrison NJ
- Beckett Travel, Logan Twp NJ
- B&S Deli, Chester PA
- Brandywine Funds, Greenville DE
- Dormann HVAC, Mickleton NJ
- Dormann Plumbing, Mickleton NJ
- Growmark FS
- Holdbrook Dental, Logan Twp NJ
- Hunter Door, East Greenwich NJ
- Oak Mortgage, Marlton NJ
- Perfect Touch Landscape, West Deptford NJ
- Pride Enterprizes, Maple Shade NJ
- Ray's Pizza, Swedesboro NJ
- RPC Landscape, Mullica Hill NJ
- Stellar Electric, Woolwich Twp NJ
- TrueValue, Swedesboro NJ
- Willingboro FOP Lodge 38
Also, we are still accepting sponsorships so please let us know if anyone else is interested.
Monday, October 3
New Sponsorship Program
We are pleased to announce our new sponsorship program for the 2011-2012 season. This program is critical to the program's future success. It is also a great way for businesses to advertise as it will provide exposure across the Kingsway sending districts and across South Jersey when we travel. The funds collected will go to offset the annual registration fee which was reduced from $150 to $90 this season.
Please visit the 'Handouts' section of our website to view the sponsorship letter and application. We are still accepting Level 1 sponsorships which includes the business logo on the back of a warm-up t-shirt we will be giving to every wrestler in our program this year. Other options include the business logo on our sponsor banner which will be on display at all events, a program and our website.
Tuesday, September 20
Important Registration Information
Online registration is now available. Please click on the 'Register Now' link on the menu to the left. Or join us for in-person registration on October 1, October 15 or November 2. Complete time and location information is available on the 'Calendar' link.
Registration will be $90 per wrestler with a $200 family maximum.
Please bring a birth certificate copy for in-person registration. Those using online registration will have an opportunity to hand one in before the season starts.
Family night will take place November 2 at the Kingsway High School Auditorium. This is an opportunity to meet the board, coaches and hear more about the upcoming season.
Tuesday, September 27
Training Sessions at the Wrestling Building
Just a reminder that Kingsway Junior Wrestling has arranged weekly training sessions to take place on Sundays starting October 2nd. The session will run from 5-6:30 and take place in the wrestling room at the Hidden Acres complex on Jessup Mill Rd in Clarksboro. The fee will be $15 per session and will be collected before each session.
The sessions will include instruction, drilling and conditioning. This is a great opportunity to prepare for the upcoming season!
Please contact email@example.com for more information.