Kailua Mustangs Football and Cheer Association : Welcome
2017 SEASON IS HERE
Get your Booster Shirts today. Available til Wednesday 9/27 at 6pm
For more information, please visit our facebook site by clicking HERE.
POP WARNER MISSION:
The mission of Pop Warner Little Scholars is to enable young people to benefit from participation in team sports and activities in a safe and structured environment. Through this active participation, Pop Warner programs teach fundamental values, skills and knowledge that young people will use throughout their lives.
Pop Warner seeks to provide fun athletic learning opportunities for children, while emphasizing the importance of academic success. Specifically, Pop Warner seeks to familiarize players and spirit participants with the fundamentals of football, cheerleading and dance. Pop Warner strives to inspire youth, regardless of race, creed or national origin, to practice the ideals of sportsmanship, scholarship and physical fitness as reflected in the life of the late Glenn Scobie “Pop” Warner.
• To encourage and increase youth participation in football and cheerleading.
• To ensure a safe and positive playing environment for all participants.
• To instill life-long values of teamwork, dedication and a superior work ethic in the classroom and on the playing field.
• Pop Warner programs have no tryouts or cutting of rosters.
• Everyone participates under mandatory rules of play.
• On-field coaching is allowed for younger age levels.
Safe Playing Environment
• Players are matched by age and weight levels.
• There are strict mandatory equipment requirements.
• Pop Warner provides Coaching Clinics and Risk Management Training.
• An enforced national rule book incorporates time-tested rules.
• A full-time executive staff supports all local associations and assists in sound policy creation.