Back Back to Board Total Views: 20842 - Total Replies: 7 
Print Print This Post << Previous Topic | Next Topic >> 

Back Reply to this Message BackReport Abuse Display Mode: Flat | Threaded 
  Nickname: wkhcky

Posted: 3/26/2007 3:32pm
Views:   2435
Replies: -7
  Player Loyalty  
What happened to player loyalty is it one club a year and move on, is it the parents thinking I have to keep moving to get my kid into a D1 school. What is going on I just heard about a coach from this past season that did a great job with his team and it was his first year with this particular club. And his entire team is going to bail on him. This coach took allot of crap the previous season from different clubs and parents but yet had a very successful season. Where is the loyalty? This is just crazy where are the parents heads I guess dreaming about NHL contracts, D1 schools. Being loyal and taking responsibility is something you deal with every day in life, what are these parents teaching these kids. Maybe it might be better if they leave this coach because it sounds like you might not be able to fit all the egos through the rink doors.

Nickname: HockeyDadPA

Posted: 3/26/2007 5:06pm
Views:   2363
Replies: 0
  Re: Player Loyalty  
Sounds like there might be more to the story than a winning record. If there were issues the previous season and now everyone is leaving, maybe there is a bigger issue.

Nickname: Johngage

Posted: 3/26/2007 7:28pm
Views:   2274
Replies: 1
There is no such thing anymore as loyalty. The fact is that it seems to go both ways. Some clubs are loyal to players while others are not, and some players are loyal to thier clubs while others are not.
You seem to be a realist, do what you think is right for your player.
I admit there are many players out there who have some potential and should do everything possible to development and be noticed by D1, Prep and Junior programs. On the other hand there are players who don't have a snowballs chance of playing past midgets. Again, do what you think is right for your player. To me, hockey is more than a possible chance at D1 or a contract. It is a sport that can teach children what it means to be devoted, work hard for something and be a part of a group that can work together towards a common goal.
I am a strong believer in loyalty, as long has the organization holds up thier end. A lot of people on this board may not feel that way, but how many of them are going to go through multiple organizations and at the end of midget 18 wonder why they spent all the money and went through all the politics and there is no scholarship. Bottom line, go with whatever is going to best prepare your player for the rest of life, not just who has the chance of bringing home the big throphy in March.

Nickname: minnesotafats

Posted: 3/27/2007 6:17am
Views:   2043
Hey...at least in your area you have a choice of where you want to spend your money. Freedom in an open market.

Nickname: SamPA

Posted: 3/27/2007 7:57am
Views:   2002
Has anyone asked the players or parents why they are leaving? Has anyone at the rink tried to get them to stay? A bunch of players are leaving our current team and nobody seems to care....I guess at times loyalty needs to be earned. IMHO.

Nickname: TRUEBG__1

Posted: 3/27/2007 11:38am
Views:   1891
Was it a great season and coach by your standards. evidently this is one of those situation that you are giving one side of the story. i can't see a whole team bail on a coach who you say is so good for no apparent reason. maybe you have the problem and are one of those parents that this team is the only one you know and can make, so now you are worried and have a problem. loyalty please, these clubs are in it because it's a money maker. they will take other kids, fill spots and move on. believe me if the shoe was on the other foot they wouldn't care. And as far as kids dreaming about possibly making it, it's ok to keep trying and keep your dreams alive anything is possible.

[ Modified 3/27/2007 11:41am by TRUEBG__1 ]

Nickname: just4fun__1

Posted: 3/27/2007 12:22pm
Views:   1908
players leaving is their option...what might have been a great season for you doesn't necessarily mean for everyone. I have come to realize that a good coach plus a good player-coach relationship is very important. But what's a good coach to me may be different from what you perceive as a good coach.

Nickname: Cis4center

Posted: 3/27/2007 12:33pm
Views:   1849
Replies: 2
last time i checked all clubs are for-profit organizations. the clubs need to be loyal to the clients, we are the ones paying the fees...

Attention Squirts < < Previous Topic  |  Next Topic > > VFMM 1997 's Taking it to the next level.   

< Back
Football Soccer Basketball Baseball Ice Hockey Cheerleading Softball Volleyball Lacrosse Swimming Tennis Bowling More Sports