Hudson Mohawk District Traveling League: 2018 Fall Ball
PLEASE CHECK THE NEW SCHEDULE update date is here - IF YOU ARE SCHEDULED MORE THAN ONCE CALL DEB @ 518-312-0474 Sched Updated 9/29
AS ALWAYS THERE ARE TIMES IN FALL BALL THAT WHITE TEAMS MAY PLAY AGAINST RED OR BLUE EVEN THOUGH WE DO OUR BEST TO AVOID THESE SITUATIONS
Scheduling considerations: The goal is to have competitive games. Every effort will be made to have teams play in an appropriate competitive level. Some teams may play each other twice. Please contact Deb Poulton or Gabriel Benitez with any scheduling questions text is best: Deb cell#518-312-0474, Gabriel cell#518-788-2356,
Email = email@example.com
Email = firstname.lastname@example.org
Managers must notify Deb or Gabriel immediately if it is possible they will not be able to field a team. Umpires need to be notified 2 days in advance of any changes. Rescheduling can be done if there is enough advance notice (at least 5 days). No refunds of registration fees will be given for no-shows. If a team is a no-show with no notice they will be removed from the rest of the schedule.
Important Reminder: If your team is not USA registered they will not be permitted to play Fall Ball and you will not receive a refund.
Fall Ball 2018 Information updated 8/3/18
Team Registration Form (pdf format) updated 8/3/18
Team Registration Form (MS Word format) updated 8/3/18
List of Teams updated
SCHEDULES are based on this listFall Ball will be on 4 consecutive Sundays starting 9/9/18 and ending 9/30/18.
2019 USA Online team registration (at RegisterUSASoftball.com) should be open on September 1st and includes USA/ASA registration and insurance. If your team is not registering online, please complete the USA team registration form - the cost is $30 per team. Either way, make sure your team is registered at least several days before their first Fall Ball game.
Fall Ball 2018 is similar to the last eight years with following highlights:
1. All teams must be registered with USA Softball for the 2019 season. All current USA registrations expire on 9/1/18 so every team must register again with USA. Click here for the USA team registration form - the cost per team is $30 - Mail this form and check payable to NYS ASA to Dave Copeland at 192 Tallow Wood Dr, Clifton Park, NY 12065.
2. If a team is not a member of a league currently part of Hudson Mohawk, there is a a separate fee of $25 PER TEAM payable to Hudson Mohawk. This fee must be received by 8/22/18 (along with the Team Registration Form). Send this fee to Jackie O'Brien (see address in #9 below).
3. All teams must have insurance. If the players were registered online with USA this year, that insurance coverage will expire on 9/1/18 and will NOT include Fall Ball games. USA Team insurance (League) also expires on 9/1/18. Some teams and leagues have other insurance policies for the calendar year. Check to verify this with your insurance carrier. Make sure your team has insurance coverage for Fall Ball.
4. NEW: All teams must complete the USA Softball roster and all players must have a parent’s signature on it. This roster must be available when teams are playing – you may be asked to show it before you can play. If you already have a new 2019 USA roster for this year’s tournament play that roster will be OK to use for Fall Ball. Make sure the team name on the roster is for a team that has insurance coverage. This roster must be signed by Dave Copeland It can be scanned and Emailed to him at email@example.com - he will sign it, scan it and Email it back. Rosters should be completed by September 6th and must be completed before your team's first game.
Click here for the USA roster in pdf format - 2019 form
Click here for the USA roster in Microsoft Word format - 2019 form
5. Girls must play in the division they will be in next year. 8U players must have a birthday of 1/1/2010 or later, 10U players must have a birthday of 1/1/2008 or later. 12U players must have a birthday of 1/1/2006 or later. 14U players must have a birthday of 1/1/2004 or later. 17U players must have a birthday of 1/1/2001 or later.
6. Teams will have to pay in advance (by August 25nd) - $85 for each Sunday (2 games) for all divisions except 8U. For 8u the fee will be $30 for each Sunday (1 game). Teams do not have to sign up for all 4 Sundays - sign up is separate for each Sunday. (Most teams do sign up for all 4 Sundays). Team Registration Forms must be received by 8/22/18 to be guaranteed to play, after 8/22/18 openings will be filled if space is available
7. Teams can choose a competitive level (Red, Blue or White) with Red the most competitive and White the least. Note: 10 & Under Fall Ball Teams with primarily 10 year olds and/or girls with travel experience should not be White. 8u will not be broken up by skill level.
8. There are no standings or trophies in Fall Ball. We want the girls to improve their skills, learn good sportsmanship and have fun.
9. Fall Ball will be on 4 consecutive Sundays starting 9/9/18 and ending 9/30/18.
10. Host leagues will handle all umpire payments and supply the game balls. The umpire fee is $69 per game (for 8u the fee is $48 per umpire) - only one umpire for all games.
11. Send forms & checks to: Hudson Mohawk - Attention: Jackie O'Brien, PO Box 1924, Latham, NY 12110. Make checks payable to: Hudson Mohawk Softball League.
12. All Manager/Coaches are responsible for verifying games with hosting league and teams playing against, as the schedule may change frequently.
13. If a team is unable to attend a game. Manager/Coaches of that team are responsible for contacting the teams that they would play against, fall ball scheduler and the hosting league, letting them know they will not be able to attend.
14. There will be a cost penalty for any team or league that drops out of fall ball after they have registered. You will not receive a full refund, this will be based on if the schedule has been created and how many games you have played. This will reduce the number of times taken to reschedule games.
15. Late entries in registration may cause your team or league to not make the schedule for the first Sunday.
Fallball rules 10u-17u
Handout: Fallball tms registered & schedule