Groton Little League: Welcome
Welcome to the homepage of Groton CT Little League!
Saturday, January 17
For the latest updates, see our FB page!
Our new website will be http://www.grotonlittleleague.com/ but is under construction right now.
Saturday, January 17
We have finalized our registration dates and times.
Tuesday, Jan. 13th from 6 to 8 pm at the Groton City Municipal building, 295 Meridian Street. Wednesday,
Jan 14th from 5 to 7pm at The Bridge Market, 118 Fort Hill Rd Groton, Connecticut Saturday,
Jan. 17th 10 am to 1 pm Sub Base Youth Center, adjacent to Rt. 12, entrance 29 Hickory Dr.
Moe's Southwest Grill, Fundraiser and Registration Event, Thursday, Jan. 29th from 5 pm to 9 pm, 220 Route 12 Groton (Stop and Shop Plaza).
Saturday, January 31st 10 am to 1 pm Sub Base Youth Center.
Wednesday, Feb. 4th from 5 to 7pm at The Bridge Market
Wednesday, Feb 11th from 4 to 6 pm at Sub Base Youth Center Saturday,
Feb 14th from 10 am to 1 pm, Groton City Municipal Building.
Saturday, Feb 21st from 11 am to 2 pm, The Bridge Market
Tuesday, Feb 24th from 6 to 8 pm, Groton City Municipal building.
Tryouts: DBI Mystic Noon to 4 pm on Saturday March 7th 800 Flanders Rd Building 7 Mystic, CT 06355
Sunday, October 19
Here is our new Board Members! We are still getting the transition taking care of so bear with us. We expect some exciting changes with our new motivated group!
President Doug Dickey
Vice President Jon Grossman
Player Agent Richard Pelletier
Secretary Amanda Millard
Secretary Stacia Borysewciz
Treasurer Lisa Lambert
Minor League Coordinator Steven Camerino
Saftey Officer Patrick Peterson
Information Officer Bryan Shepard
Equiptment Manager Steve C. and Rich P.
Concession Manager TBA
Fund Raising Manager TBA
Wednesday, October 15
The regular monthly general membership meeting will be held on October 16, 2014, at 1930, at the Groton City Municipal Building. All are welcome to attend. Elections for the 2015 GLL Board of Directors will be held. Please come and join the fun.
Wednesday, September 17
The annual meeting is scheduled for 9/18/14, 1930, at the GCMB. The agenda is posted in the handouts section.
Thursday, August 21
The regular monthly meeting for August is scheduled for 8/21/14, 1930, at the GCMB. The agenda is posted in the handouts section.
Monday, August 11
Greetings Groton Little League. Many thanks to Brent Bensik for handling the league operations in my absence. I understand that many questions were posed at the League Picnic. I hope everyone that attended enjoyed themselves despite the rainy conditions. We are gearing up for Fall Ball. The on-line registration system will be operational on Wednesday, August 13, 2014. The link is through the website. Games start on Sept 6, 2014 and will be scheduled during the weekends. The game format is interleague, meaning that there will be games both at home and away, so some travel to the other towns in the District is necessary. Fall ball programs are MLBB, Minor SB, & Major SB. Hats and shirts will be provided to the players. Managers and Coaches are always needed. If you passed the background check for the regular season and nothing has changed, you are cleared for the Fall program. Any new Managers or Coaches will need to pass a background check prior to participating with the team. We can schedule practices during the week, but we must notify the Parks Department of our practice and game schedules. Fall Ball team rosters are normally large due to competition with other Fall programs, so it is normal to have up to 20 players on a team roster. Normal Little League playing rules apply (players showing up to games get a minimum of 6 defensive outs and one at-bat). Managers will need to closely supervise their rosters
Wednesday, July 16
The regular monthly meeting for July is scheduled for 7/17/14, 1930, at the GCMB. The agenda is posted in the handouts section.
Tuesday, July 8
1. 99 Restaurant Dining for A Cause (DFAC) - scheduled for 7/23/14. In addition to the DFAC event, we will be holding a raffle (selling tickets for the two Mohegan Sun prizes), and we usually have a bake sale, so we need baked goods. DFAC paperwork will be on the website under "handouts/2014 Forms."
2. The Mystic Schooners enjoy our company so much they have asked us to have a 2nd Groton Little League night at the Schooners. This is scheduled for 7/26/14. There is NO charge for entry to the game for players or immediate family, so you do not need to use your tickets (save them for another game). I have asked the Schooners to format the GLL Night similar to last year's event. More information to follow.
3. We are planning the annual picnic for 8/2/14. Moe's will be catering and we need an accurate count to ensure we have enough food. Please use the URL below to identify how many people you expect to attend. https://www.justsurvey.me/477268336963
Friday, July 4
Due to predicted weather, the 2014 Groton 4th of July Parade has been cancelled. There is no make-up date.
Wednesday, June 25
The regular monthly meeting for June 2014 will be held on 6/26/14, 7:30 PM, at the Groton CIty Municipal Building. The agenda is in the "handout" section.
Thursday, June 19
A number of updates:
1. The regular monthly meeting will be held on 6/26/14 (normal time & place)
2. GLL Night at the Schooners - 6/29/14. All GLL members should wear uniform (Majors: hats are fine if you turned in your uniform, thanks).
3. Final regular season game is scheduled for tonight (weather permitting) at CB.
4. 2014 All Stars: We are unable to field a 9/10 team this year due to player inventory. All submitted documents and funds will be returned.
5. Please support the 11/12 All Star team as they prepare and participate in the tournament. Schedules will be posted, and games will be at WP.
6. The 11/12 All Star team has been invited to attend a ceremony at Dodd Stadium on 6/28/14 to recognize District All Star Teams. Please come out and show your support.
7. Please come out and support the Groton 4th of July parade. GLL will be marching and we need a good turn-out.
8. We are planning a Dining For A Cause at the 99 Restaurant in July (Date TBD). We will conducting a bake sale (dust off those recipes) and selling raffle tickets. More info to follow...
9. Save the Date: 8/2/14 GLL Picnic at WP.
10. Fall Ball Registration will start in August 2014.
Friday, June 13
:( All Groton Little League games are cancelled for today, June 13, 2014 due to weather and field conditions.
Monday, June 9
All, Due to on-going weather, all Groton Little League games for today are cancelled. Thank You.
Thursday, June 5
Due to the continuing weather, all scheduled games for today (Thursday, 6/5/14) have been cancelled.
Thursday, June 5
We are closing in on the time of the season for the All Star Tournament for the Major League divisions. Competition will be keen! Selection to the All Star team carries an extra charge this year ($30), which will be used to purchase personalized uniform shirts that the players will keep (along with the hats). Every year teams compete for a chance to play in the Little League World Series in Williamsport, PA. We wish our teams good luck in the local tournaments and for their pursuit to play in the ultimate Little League competition!
Thursday, June 5
We have a few Schooner items to relay: Groton Little League will be attending one (or more) Schooner's games as part of our on-going partnership with the team. We have not yet fixed a date but are looking at the end of June or early July. More information will be forthcoming. Also, the Schooner's are hosting a Family Baseball Clinic at Washington Park (on Softball field #1), Saturday, June 14th, at 1000. It is free and open to children 7 - 14. A flyer will be sent out to all registered GLL families.
Wednesday, May 21
The May 2014 Regular Monthly Meeting will be held at the Groton City Municipal Building on or about 7:30 PM on Thursday, May 22, 2014. The meeting agenda is in the handouts section.
Wednesday, May 14
League Participants, Pictures are being scheduled this weekend. A sign-up list was passed to all managers. The picture order forms are available under "handouts" to download and will also be available on the day of the shoot. If the weather doesn't cooperate, we will schedule a make-up day.
Raffle tickets are available at both concession stands for the Mohegan Sun prizes. Donation is $1 per ticket. You do not have to be present to win. Two winning tickets will be chosen at the league picnic.
The regular monthly meeting will be held on Thursday, May 22, 2014, at the GCMB, at 7:30 P.M.
We still need some additional concession stand workers. If the stand is not open during your game, it is likely we could not find someone to work. Please contact me if you can support.
Managers - please ensure that all of your coaches have their volunteer forms submitted and approved. It is a violation of Little League rules to be participating without an approved volunteer form. Please contact Brent for details.
Managers & Coaches - you cannot warm-up pitchers IAW Little League rules (also identified in the GLL Safety Plan). Second - only rostered players are allowed on the field during practices and games.
Thursday, December 19
Based on a change in the residency rules for 2014, the impact to the league registration is being evaluated. An excerp of the rule follows: Residence Eligibility Requirements RESIDENCE AND SCHOOL ATTENDANCE PLAYER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS Each local Little League determines the actual geographic boundaries of the area from within which it shall select players. These boundaries must be described in detail and shown on a map and dated when making application for a Little League charter. Players will be eligible to play with that league only if they reside or the physical location of the school where they attend classes is within the boundaries provided to and approved by Little League Baseball, Incorporated.