G.O.A.L.S. Athletic League: Spring Season F.A.Q.
1. When does the spring season start? A. Opening day is tentativly scheduled for Sat. April 13TH 2019.
2. What days of the week are the games? A. Games are played on Sat’s and 1 or 2 games will also be played on weeknights. Sundays are used for rainout make-ups.
3. When will practices be? A. Practices will be in the evenings on weeknights. The day will be determined by the team's coach. B. Practices may also will be held on Sat and Sun’s until Opening day.4. What time will the games be? A. Game times will vary within a 9-5 timeframe on Sat's. Future Stars Division begins at 9am on Sat's. Weeknight games will begin at 6pm.
5. How will teams be formed? A. Teams will be formed via a draft by coaches within each division. The draft will be held after our league wide player evaluation days at the end of March. (Dependent on Weather)
6. What if my daughter would like to learn to pitch or can pitch? A. Pitching is key to any fast-pitch league and we are dedicated to providing instruction in windmill pitching. G.O.A.L.S. has a Sunday Group Pitching School set up for Jan, Feb, March, April and May where pitchers from beginning to advanced can take lessons from qualified instructors. There is no additional charge for this.
7. When will the Future Stars instructional division play? A. The Future Stars division will play on Saturday mornings. They will start with a 45 minute-1 hr instructional clinic followed by a 45 min. -1 hr game. Learning fundamentals and fun is stressed and scores are not kept. They will begin on Saturday Opening Day in April.
8. What makes this league different? Just to name a few: A. Games are played on dirt, not concrete on actual softball fields. B. Bunting, stealing and sliding are allowed and taught. C. Pitchers will be pitching with a windmill style. D. Coaches are ASA/ACE Certified to coach fastpitch. E. All girls receive their own batting helmet. F. ASA umpires are used.
9. When will the season end? A. Championship Saturday is slated for June 22nd with playoffs beginning between June 17th - June 21st.
10. What if I want to coach? A. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and she will send you information on how to apply and get started with G.O.A.L.S. You can also check the volunteer box on the registration form.
11. When will Online Registration Close? A. Registraton will close when all spots are filled per division. This usually happens by the Beginning of April.
12. How much does it cost to play? A. Please go to our Registration Page for all fee information.
13. What else will my daughter need to play? A. She will need her own glove and cleats. Her own bat is a nice addition. Other optional equipment are a mouth guard, face guard, sliding shorts, sliding knee pad and batting gloves.
14. Does my daughter need to have played fast-pitch or windmill softball before? A. No. Our league is designed to teach fast-pitch softball. We understand that most girls in Queens have never played fast-pitch or windmill style softball and that is why we started this league, so that the girls of Queens can start playing the sport the way the rest of NY and the country are playing softball.
15. What if my daughter can not attend the evaluation weekend? A. If your daughter can not attend one of the Evaluation Days before the draft she will be placed in the players pool and will be selected by the coaches in a blind draw. If her ability is known by the League in advance, i.e. returning player, she will be selected in the round that fits her ability.
16. Are their travel team opportunities for my daughter? A. We offer an All-Star 10U & 12U Summer and Fall Travel Team made up of our Spring League All-Stars. We also have a College Bound Program called the Lady Rangers who compete in top summer travel tournaments . These teams are made up of graduates from our League and play in 14U, 16U and 18U Divisions. We hold tryouts for any open positions on the 14u-18u teams. If interested send an email to email@example.com with name, age, grade, school, position, prior experience and contact information.