GILLETTE POST 42 AMERICAN LEGION BASEBALL: Garrett Schultz

Garrett Schultz
Position: Head Coach (Rustlers)
Profile: Garrett Schultz will be the new Head Coach of the Gillette Rustlers in 2013. In 2012, his first year on staff, he served as an assistant for the Gillette Riders and helped lead them to a 51-27 overall record. He was also an integral part to their State Sportsmanship Award. "I have looked long and hard to find a JV coach that I felt could really take this team to the level that I desire. I am really confident that Coach Schultz is that guy. He has the discipline, drive, and demeanor to accomplish great things with our Rustlers program. We have a common vision of the direction that we want to see this program continue to go"

Schultz is from Belgrade MT and brings with him both an impressive playing and coaching career. He has been the head coach the last two summers for the Belgrade Bandits, leading them to their first ever AA State Tournament appearance in 2010. Last year his squad went 26-2 in the conference and won the District Tournament. Coach Schultz also played for Belgrade in 2004-2006. The catcher won a plethora of individual and team awards during this time. He then went on to a successful college career for two years at the College of Idaho. Last year he helped lead the Riders to 51-27 overall record and a 3rd place finish at the State Tournament.

"I'm excited to join a program that's earned a rich tradition of success through hard work,” said Schultz. “I'm looking forward to adding my catching background to a coaching staff that is already very knowledgeable about the game."

"When you are around Garrett you just feel the passion and energy that he has for the game. I really like the experience that he brings both as a player and coach. His knowledge for game is extremely high. He is very well respected by his peers and our players. Schultz is also the catchers coach for the entire program.

Education
Bachelor of Arts, Math/Physics, The College of Idaho
Bachelor of Science, Civil engineering, Montana State University

Personal
Currently works as a civil engineer for Morrison-Maierle and resides in Gillette with his wife Jessica and two sons, Weston and Cannon.

Coaching
2007--Volunteer Assistant, Belgrade Bandits

2008--Catching Instructor at "Catcher's Only Baseball Camp," The College of Idaho

2010--Head Coach Belgrade Bandits
Guided the Bandits to its first ever "AA" state tournament appearance
Awarded Team Sportsmanship award at the state tournament in Medicine Hat, Alberta

2011--Head Coach Belgrade Bandits
Won conference championship with a 26-2 conference record
Won district tournament with 5-1 tournament record

2012- Assistant Coach Gillette Roughriders- Helped lead the Riders to a 51-27 record, including a State Sportsmanship Award.
Subscribe to this site