From The Ground Up Basketball Tournament: Welcome
2012 FROM THE GROUND UP BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT
April 21-22, 2012
Seneca Wilson - Tournament Director
Rashad Burns - Director of Competition
TBA - Director of Operations
Nadine Essel - Director of Officials
TBA – Promotion and Marketing
Sasha Weise - Hospitality
• We will be accepting the first 18 teams to submit their entry fee online.
• Waitlisted teams will be contacted if/when more spots become available.
• All teams (accepted or waitlisted) should submit a completed Intent form.
• Deadline for registration materials is no later than Wednesday, April 3rd, 2012.
• $125 per team; after Wednesday, April 3rd, 2012 $150 per team
• Entry fees are non-refundable
• Any team that makes it off of the waitlist will have two business days to submit payment from the time they are notified. If payment is not submitted within two days the spot will be offered to the next wait listed team from that division.
• (Rosters are limited to 10 players)
1. All participants must have their current valid SU ID with them in order to participate. No player will be allowed to play without his or her own valid SU ID. Players must have also completed the waiver form.
2. The players must check-in with the supervisor on duty, which will check their SUID and verify completion of the waiver form.
3. A player may play for only ONE team. Any intercollegiate basketball player that participated in the 2011-12 basketball season at any collegiate institution is ineligible to participate in Tournament play.
Pool play will consist of 3 team pools and will begin on Saturday morning, April 21 from 9:00am to 9:00pm. The all teams from each pool will advance to a single elimination tournament to be held Sunday, April 22.
Every team is guaranteed 3 games.
Site of Play:
• Syracuse University Flanagan Gym
• Must have a Valid SUID to enter the building
Mandatory Captain’s Meeting:
Friday, April 20 at 6:00pm in Flanagan Gym. Every team must send one (and only one please) representative.
• Champion team awards (plaque/trophy and shirts)
• Runner-up team awards (plaque/trophy)
• All-Tournament Team awards
Teams must check in at the Team Registration Table in the Archbold Gym lobby, no later than 5:30 PM on Friday, April 20. All team members must have their university photo
ID and check in together.
• Entry Fee (first 18 teams accepted)
• Intent Form
Due no later than April 3rd 2012
• Final Roster
• Completed Code of Conduct Form
• Tournament Play Waivers
For more info contact: Seneca Wilson, Tournament Director
Office Phone: (315) 443-3242