Back Back to Board Total Views: 5263 - Total Replies: 0 
Print Print This Post << Previous Topic | Next Topic >> 

Back Reply to this Message BackReport Abuse Display Mode: Flat | Threaded 
  Nickname: MtnDad

Posted: 10/7/2008 12:16am
Views:   5263
Replies: 0
  Ashland Pop Warner  
I couldn't be more proud of my son. Not for a great play on the field, but for a sacrifice he made for another.

You see last Sunday he was 10 minutes late showing up for a game that started about two hours later. To make an example of him "Coach Paul" physically stopped him from weighing in. As a result, they were not obligated to play him the normal number of plays during the game. This seemed reasonable to me at the time.

You see we have a neighbor who's wife was just diagnosed with a serious cancer. She had just undergone her surgery and was unable to make it to church. My son knew our neighbor would be sitting in church alone and decided to go and sit with him. My 60 lb. 9 year old put his arm around a 200 lb. 78 year old cowboy and brought tears to his eyes. Because the service ran over, we were 10 minutes late arriving at the game.

Afterwards, my son commented "That's OK Dad, Doyle needed me more than my team, some things are more important than football". I couldn't hold back the tears. Like I said, I couldn't be prouder.

att all sports teams $35.00 deal < < Previous Topic  |  Next Topic > > YOU ARE NEEDED   

< Back
Football Soccer Basketball Baseball Ice Hockey Cheerleading Softball Volleyball Lacrosse Swimming Tennis Bowling More Sports