Firebirds Swim Team: Welcome
|3A State Champions 2016|
|High School 2014|
In the Fall of 2000, the Firebirds competed in their first meet. With the support of Patricia Zulueta and the administration of Doral Academy, the team has grown in size and scope over the past 15 years. Today our members number close to 80. As a member of the FHSAA, we are a Fall sanctioned sport competing from August through mid-November. We also offer a conditioning program during the off season months.
Firebird swimmers are scholar-athletes first and foremost. Our athletes are involved in community service projects year round. 99.9% of our swimmers have continued their academics in college. We currently have Div I swimmers among our alumni.
We count among our numbers the First All County Athlete from Doral Academy (Cat Silveira), numerous First Team All County selections ( Cat Silveira 4x, Chinyere Pigot 4x, Emily Silveira 2x, Melissa Moreno 1x, Diguan Pigot 1x), Miami Herald Swimmer of the Year ( Diguan Pigot), 2 First Team All County Relays (Aguilar, Arrieta, Faucher, Moya) 2x Miami Herald Coach of the Year (Coach Silveira), All American Swimmer Alex Arrieta and 2 All America Relays (Aguilar, Arrieta, Faucher and Moya) State finalists, Regional and District Champions, Academic All Americans, Academic Scholastic All Americans, and some of the best student athletes in Doral Academy Prep.
We are very proud to have the first two state champions in Firebird history: Chinyere Pigot (50 free 2011) Diguan Pigot (100 Breaststroke 2012) AS WELL AS THE FIRST EVER STATE TEAM CHAMPIONS: 3A BOYS SWIMMING
|Middle School 2014|
Tuesday, September 27
Monday, August 29
Thursday, August 18
Handout: 2016-2017 INITIAL ROSTER
Tuesday, August 16
- ALL SWIMMERS MUST TRY OUT (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- VARSITY: 200 FR/100 STROKE JV: 100 FREE/50 STROKE
- TEAM WILL BE ANNOUNCED 8/19 ON THIS WEBPAGE
Wednesday, July 27
- First High School Practice is August 1, 2016 10 am-12pm Tamiami Pool
- First Middle School Practice is August 8, 2016 10 am - 12 pm Tamiami Pool
- Practices for both teams will be from 10 am-12 pm until the start of school
- Tryouts are scheduled for Aug 18, 2016 during regular practice times.
- Team selections will be posted on this site August 19. Fees will be due Monday Aug 22, 2016 @ practice.
- Fully completed and signed Athletic Packet (physcial forms, contracts, releases). This can be found on the school website under athletics. (We will notarize with parental id).
- Completed swim athlete information form ( on this website)
- A copy of school insurance purchase receipt. The school insurance is mandatory and must be purchased through the school store. We will not be accepting payment at the pool for insurance.
- All of the above required paperwork
- One piece suit, cap, goggles
- Equipment (if you have) kick board, fins, pull buoy
- Water bottle and running shoes
Wednesday, July 27
Wednesday, June 8