Erindale Lions Little League: Privacy Statement
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
All of the Little Leagues in our District are responsible for the personal information we collect and hold. Personal information is any information that identifies you, or by which your identity could be deduced. If we did not collect and use your personal information we could not function as a children's sports organization.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you when you register your child to participate in league play. By doing so you are agreeing to our use of the information provided and to our use and posting on the Little League website of images, action photographs and photographic transparencies of individuals as participants in league and tournament play together with team and individual statistics and the like.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
Our Little Leagues do not disclose your personal information to any third party to enable them to market their products and services. For example, we do not provide our mailing lists to any third party. Under certain circumstances, our Little Leagues will disclose your personal information:
• when called for in the course of organizing house league, rep team and tournament play;
• when exchanging information in communications with Little League Canada and Little League Baseball International;
• when exchanging information with our insurers;
• when we are required or authorized by law to do so;
• when you have consented to the disclosure;
• if the information is already publicly known.
Updating Your Information
Since we use your personal information it is important that the information be accurate and up-to-date. If, during the course of your child's participation in Little League play, any of your information changes, please inform your local Little League so that we can make any necessary changes.
Is My Personal Information Secure?
Our Little Leagues take all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access or disclosure. Among the steps taken to protect your information are:
• premises security;
• restricted file access to personal information;
• deploying technological safeguards like security software and firewalls to prevent hacking or unauthorized computer access;
• internal security policies.
Access to Your Personal Information
Access to any personal information we hold about you is available on request. If we deny your request for access or refuse a request to correct information, we shall explain why.
Communicating with Us
You should be aware that e-mail is not a 100% secure medium, and you should be aware of this when contacting us to send personal or confidential information.
Requests for Access
If you have any questions, or wish to access your personal information, please contact the President of your local Little League as listed below:Anne Dundon
President, Erindale Little League